2nds The Casey Thread - End of a terrible season

Remove this Banner Ad

22 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 goals playing afl football
18 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 6 goals playing afl football.

Now these stats are from an AFL footballer. These stats are pretty phenomenal and he was playing against other AFL footballers. See the trend here.
People need to stop overrating Gawn, he's had good day, probably his best game of football whilst playing at the club, but it was in the reserves. Do you think Roos would seriously think his stats were phenomenal?
No!
When he starts playing well in the seniors then yes great go Gawny but until then he is a very average RESERVES
Player at best, he has shown absolutely nothing.

22 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 5 goals playing afl football
18 disposals, 7 marks, 3 tackles, 6 goals playing afl football.

Now these stats are from an AFL footballer. These stats are pretty phenomenal and he was playing against other AFL footballers. See the trend here.
People need to stop overrating Gawn, he's had good day, probably his best game of football whilst playing at the club, but it was in the reserves. Do you think Roos would seriously think his stats were phenomenal?
No!
When he starts playing well in the seniors then yes great go Gawny but until then he is a very average RESERVES

I disagree for any ruckman thats a very good day out.
And as for showing nothing thats a bit rich

Rubbish.

Gawn has shown plenty but still needs to tighten up all aspect of his game and build his endurance. Which is what the reserves are for.

Too often, he starts strong and fades out to 208 of nothing.

Still recognise his excellent hands/marking/ mobility and skill-set for a big man.

I disagree for any ruckman thats a very good day out.
And as for showing nothing thats a bit rich

Yep like I said he had a good day probably his best game for the club but it's in the reserves.
He is an average reserves player, he has not done a thing in the seniors.

Rubbish.

Gawn has shown plenty but still needs to tighten up all aspect of his game and build his endurance. Which is what the reserves are for.

Too often, he starts strong and fades out to 208 of nothing.

Still recognise his excellent hands/marking/ mobility and skill-set for a big man.

Just crap. We're screaming for big blokes and this 208cm monster is playing reserves.
His hands/marking is not up to Afl standard, you overrate his ability.

Just crap. We're screaming for big blokes and this 208cm monster is playing reserves.
His hands/marking is not up to Afl standard, you overrate his ability.
He has ability he just doesn't yet have the tank or the core to cart his rig around the ground to contests. Big pre-season coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People often forget just how long ruckmen can take to come on.

It's not happenstance that has seen Tom Derickx turn into a proper player at the age of 26. Or Ivan Maric finally hitting his strides when he was traded to richmond a couple of years back.

Casey Scorpions 4.2.26 10.4.64 12.9.81 13.14.92

Northern Blues
3.6.24 3.9.27 4.11.35 6.14.50

Goals

Casey Scorpions
Best Fitzpatrick Gawn 3 M Jones Page Salem Scott

Northern Blues Walton 3 Bransgrove Totevski Warnock

Best

Casey Scorpions Gawn Michie Strauss Barry Fitzpatrick Jones

Northern Blues Armfield Wilson Wilkinson Cripps Sheehan

Possessions M Jones Michie 26 Clisby 24 Harmes 22 Barry Strauss 19 Gawn 18 Nicholson 16 Georgiou 14

Big maxy gawn has put together his best run of footy, getting the job done in the middle and up forward now

Gawn was sensational yesterday.

Killed Warnock in the ruck and then presented well around the ground. He was unstoppable.
Fitzpatrick looked good also but given the feed the mids were giving the forward line, it wouldn't have been too hard.

Has Gawn not also had two knee recos?

Had a heap of injury issues. That's why he slid to pick #35 odd or wherever we gobbled him up, and he's had at least one reco since he was drafted.

To those who have seen a bit of him this year, does Harmes look like being a keeper?

Yep, I like the look of him - really solid skills and competes hard, strong kid as well.

I'd think we would keep him.

Hopefully after today's game we look at getting guys like Strauss and Michie in (especially Strauss who probably deserves a chance to save his career) who have solid skills and have played well the past month at Casey.

Yep, I like the look of him - really solid skills and competes hard, strong kid as well.

I'd think we would keep him.

Hopefully after today's game we look at getting guys like Strauss and Michie in (especially Strauss who probably deserves a chance to save his career) who have solid skills and have played well the past month at Casey.

I would like to see Strauss get one more solid crack at it and for him to be played further up field so he can concentrate on his kicking and less on his opponent

I would like to see Strauss get one more solid crack at it and for him to be played further up field so he can concentrate on his kicking and less on his opponent

This is the issue isn't it, Strauss is meant to be a good kick, heck even if he is merely a decent kick he will still be better than everyone else in our defence, but he hasn't got a game all year... Roosy obviously does not rate his defence to this point, but I'd say he is worth checking out for 3-4 weeks before putting the line through his name

Remove this Banner Ad

Back