The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

As I think we all suspected/knew at the time, we blew this series in the final quarter and a bit of Game 4 after we had that 11-point lead. That was the chance right there and we couldn't close it out.

The painful and unfortunate reality seems to be that as long as LeBron James is around, we won't be coming out of the East. We will surely never get a better chance to beat one of his teams than we had in this series. Something fundamental with the team has to change for us to be any shot any time soon.

Sadly ironic, after watching MJ dismiss one challenger after another year after year, to be on the other end isn't much fun, now I know how Knick, Cavs,Heat, Pacer and Magic fans felt.
Sad to see Thibs go, the difference between jump shooting Rose and driving Rose is ridiculous, need to bench him after every three attempt.
Hopefully Jo can get healthy, the guy is all heart and effort, but the knee has meant lost mobility and isn't a threat on offence, in the past he would have a look, but his confidence is low.
Great year for Pau, we will be very lucky to get that output next year.
Great year and congrats to Jimmy, deserves everything he gets.
Injury, inconsistency and some shockers at home, but some positives as well.
We need to add some speed and athletism, Brooks was disappointing after a good regular season.
Where do people see Mirotic, Snell and McDermott? Can they become important pieces?

Honestly, I'm not sure how much of Jos decline is health related, but his lack of offence is a killer. Taj is 30ish, pau 35 or something like that, mike d up there as well....

Nikola can be anything if he can sort his defensive liabilities, it's not surprising he faded as a rookie from Europe with the shorter seasons.

It's a real conundrum, go again.... But then the squads come up well short, do so we look to rebuild around Jimmy and rose and set the rest of the roster on fire?

I think my feelings on Doug are well known

Yourd think thibs is done.

• Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Semi Finals
  • Playing at home in front of our adoring fans
  • Do or die. Win or go home
  • Massive game
  • Kyrie Irving plays just 12 minutes then is forced out through injury
  • LeBron James shoots 7 for 23
  • LeBron James is 0 for 4 from deep
  • LeBron James scores just 15 points
  • LeBron and Kyrie combine for just 21 points
  • We lose by 21 points

* off Chicago. Just * right off. That was ******* abysmal.

Need to calm down for a while before tackling what needs to be done in the offseason.

I mean seriously. If you had said before the game that Kyrie Irving is only allowed to play 12 minutes and he can not shoot the ball. LeBron can play the whole game but isnt allowed to score.

But because of that, Chicago starts the game down 21 points. Would you take that? * yeah you would. Then you would run Cleveland over.

* this.

Geez our best shot and we blew it :( still hurts so bad. With butler commanding a max what will this team be next year With gibson/noah dunleavy hinrich and possibly brooks gone. I'd almost rap up niko,jo and 1st pick for a young big/ lottery pick but doubt we would be able to get that. Snell Moore McDermott need minutes next year also.

Geez our best shot and we blew it :( still hurts so bad. With butler commanding a max what will this team be next year With gibson/noah dunleavy hinrich and possibly brooks gone. I'd almost rap up niko,jo and 1st pick for a young big/ lottery pick but doubt we would be able to get that. Snell Moore McDermott need minutes next year also.
Wait what? You want to trade Niko?

Rose, Butler, Nikola. In that order are the three most important players on the team. The three untouchables. Everyone else cant be dealt. But not those three.

Wait what? You want to trade Niko?

Rose, Butler, Nikola. In that order are the three most important players on the team. The three untouchables. Everyone else cant be dealt. But not those three.

Agree completely. Those three are the building blocks we should focus on. Snell, McBuckets are the two that I would like to keep and make permanent fixtures in the rotation, but something has to give.

Big off season coming up.

No way I trade Niko, no way.

JB gets paid max, Derrick has good off season, Taj get traded, AB comes back on minimum or nothing.

Test the market with Noah, unfortunately his woes are well documented. Needs a summer where he can fix health issues

Offer Kirk a front office gig if he retires immediately or we eat the 5 million dollar player option and don't play him and use him as a vet on bench for guidance.

Snell and Doug need consistent minutes early next year

Need a quality back up PG and another C

We need Doug to become a very good player for what we have up.

I'll post some player reviews and FA targets later this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Untouchables

Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic and Pau Gasol.

Trade Bait

Taj Gibson, Jo Noah, Draft Picks

Need More Time?

Tony Snell, Doug McDermott

Gone

Nazr, Kirk (FO job please!!) Most likely Thibs.

Where Next?

ET, Mike Dunleavy, Brooks,

Needs

Back up centre (don't forget we gave up a very good one for Doug)

Quality back up PG

More consistent bench scoring

i'm sorry, but there was no way of knowing that nurkic would play well this season, almost certain he would have been end of bench, garbage time player with us, thus impacting his improvement.

just my opinion.

I tend to agree about this year, but his prospects for the future are outstanding..

Regardless hopefully Doug turns out great

Reports this morning that players and officials have been told Thibs is officially gone..

Massive move by the Bulls, you hope that Gar Pax gets this right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back