The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Lose at home to Boston and a depleted Indiana, win in LA against the Clippers by 16 points without Rose and Gasol and after trailing at one point by 14 points...

Lose at home to Boston and a depleted Indiana, win in LA against the Clippers by 16 points without Rose and Gasol and after trailing at one point by 14 points...
6-0 on the road, 2-3 at home..... Great win today against the odds, just need to get up for every game as our best is more than good enough.

Still early, if we can keep the same line up we will start to see consistency.

Inconsistencies are killing us but that's ok, it's early doors and it will all come together. We are bedding in new players like Pau, Brooks and a couple of rookies and working Rose back into the equation. It's exciting times though. Our first real chance since Rose was last healthy to come out of the East.

Any thoughts on Bairstow getting any kind of minutes/possibly registering a stat this season?

Unlikely, outside of garbage time in blowouts (either way).

Great win against the Clips.

I don't think I've ever seen an athlete with the physical gifts of Blake Griffin lack so much intensity. I don't think he's really developed past his rookie year. Perhaps his mid range game has improved. His post up work is atrocious.

I actually think the Clippers will struggle. Terrible on the wings. Doc had to keep Redick and Crawford on for scoring, but neither could stop Jimmy Butler.

I don't think I've ever seen an athlete with the physical gifts of Blake Griffin lack so much intensity. I don't think he's really developed past his rookie year. Perhaps his mid range game has improved. His post up work is atrocious.

I actually think the Clippers will struggle. Terrible on the wings. Doc had to keep Redick and Crawford on for scoring, but neither could stop Jimmy Butler.

It certainly has, but at the detriment to other parts of his game. Its almost made him lazier as he starts to rely on it and doesn't do the hard work low like he can.

Good call Zeke, Jimmy is super aggressive this year, getting to the line a lot as a result.

Better shooting has to be helping the post game. From 24th in 3pt shooting last season to 8th so far this year. Even just the threat of Mirotic/McDermott/Dunleavy/Brooks has to help. Too scared to double him.

Yeah I may have underestimated Jimmy on offense a bit this year. If he keeps this up I'd have no problem giving him the 12 mil a year he wants.
I thought you were nuts when you questioned it earlier in the thread. Easily worth that money. He is only starting to scratch the surface of his potential too.

Yeah I may have underestimated Jimmy on offense a bit this year. If he keeps this up I'd have no problem giving him the 12 mil a year he wants.
12? He keeps this up he'll want a max.... Well what he qualifies for, not an actual max.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you were nuts when you questioned it earlier in the thread. Easily worth that money. He is only starting to scratch the surface of his potential too.
Well first of all I am nuts but yeah I didn't see much of a scorer in him at all, just a good defender who can get to the line. Didn't know about the likely cap increase either. Happy to be wrong. :D

12? He keeps this up he'll want a max.... Well what he qualifies for, not an actual max.
How much does he qualify for?

How much does he qualify for?

Now thats a tough question... I cant find any hard evidence, so i'm assuming it will be Chandler Parsons type money, so around 15 or so

But....

'If the Bulls have to match a max offer sheet to Butler, they will be only about $3 million short of the projected Apron, including Dunleavy’s cap hold. If they use either the MLE or BAE, they would be hard-capped at the Apron for the season. Even if they were to let Dunleavy go, they would have difficulty using both the full MLE and BAE while staying below the Apron.* They also might reenter the luxury tax, although after two years below it and a rising cap in the succeeding years the repeater tax would not be a concern'

Jimmy's stocks are rising.

He wanted $13m and the Bulls offered $11m. History will probably show that even at $13m it would have been a good get.

I will add that it's probably hard for the FO to throw too much money at Jimmy when Taj and (particularly) Noah are on such good value deals. But that's what happens...

If/when Monroe leaves I could see Butler being a big target for the Pistons. A perfect fit at the 3 for us, especially if his outside shot gets going.

Anyone coming back for the Jazz game?
D.Rose, Paul must be some chance, nightmare road trip so far, great win against the Clips but has turned ugly since.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back