The Chicago Bulls Thread - Feat best 3 guard rotation of ALL TIME

Remove this Banner Ad

Have missed the last couple of games due to work, how in the world did we manage to beat OKC without Rose and Butler..especially when Westbrook is in MVP form.

Our bench with Mirotic and Moore was perfect in the 4th

And as brutal as this is Russ played hero ball on both ends and blew it for them

If I was an OKC fan, you want the ball in Russ' hands late in the game it's just he took bad shots. He took contested long range jumpers which we all know is the worst shot in the game. He needed to get the ring. He should be driving and looking for runners, dunks, layups. If the defense collapses you have a chance to find shooters, or you get fouled and get to the line.

But he took the worst option which I was thankful for and we won the game :)

But OKC are a scary proposition with Westy playing like he is, then if you put a healthy Durant on the floor at the same time. I like them to come out of the West.

Ibaka was automatic yesterday, absolutely murdered us with his jump shot

left Moore who had shot 9-10 to go over and help Ibaka who really never needs help on D and got caught out by a brilliant touch pass by Pau

now i'm being a bit of a dick here because Russ was utterly mesmerising yesterday with his game and at one point at the start of the 4th i was hoping we could cut into the lead because he was on the bench

but he did kinda stuff up there and we buried him

hustle was there just missed shots

seeing Niko diving for loose balls √
Dougie had 14 √
plus the pacers have been laying better than people want to admit

all losses suck but after a huge win yesterday, this could have been a lot worse

and hopefully the hawks can take care of the cavs for us as well

I know not everything is about numbers, but can someone explain to me why people are talking like Pau Gasol is having some sort of terrible season? He's 9th in the league (4th among big men) in PER, averaging career highs in rebounds (3rd in the league) and blocked shots (5th in the league), putting up 18/12/3/2 overall. Statistically, this is one of the best seasons he's ever had.

I know not everything is about numbers, but can someone explain to me why people are talking like Pau Gasol is having some sort of terrible season? He's 9th in the league (4th among big men) in PER, averaging career highs in rebounds (3rd in the league) and blocked shots (5th in the league), putting up 18/12/3/2 overall. Statistically, this is one of the best seasons he's ever had.
Who is talking about him having some sort of terrible season?? All ive heard is that he is having a career year!!

Who is talking about him having some sort of terrible season?? All ive heard is that he is having a career year!!

I've seen a few comments in various place over the past months talking about him being "washed up", "not an All-Star" and telling people to "not be fooled by his numbers". Don't really understand it TBH.

For a relatively unathletic big (especially a Euro big) to be producing like he is this year (which as I said, are among the better numbers of his whole career) at age 34, he must be seriously balling.

Was in the game versus Indiana but couldn't finish it off, the positive was that Dougie McBuckets scored 16 points and was aggressive on 8-17 shooting.
We have found out a bit about Snell and Mirotic this season, hopefully this can be the start of Doug being what we hope he can be.

ive seen those gasol comments.
and i dont get it? the dude is straight killing it, those 15ft shots pretty much havent missed all season.
dougie looked good today, like a young mike dunleavy if i was honest.

think next season will be huge ( hey..im not giving up on this one lol)

If I was an OKC fan, you want the ball in Russ' hands late in the game it's just he took bad shots. He took contested long range jumpers which we all know is the worst shot in the game. He needed to get the ring. He should be driving and looking for runners, dunks, layups. If the defense collapses you have a chance to find shooters, or you get fouled and get to the line.

But he took the worst option which I was thankful for and we won the game :)

But OKC are a scary proposition with Westy playing like he is, then if you put a healthy Durant on the floor at the same time. I like them to come out of the West.
I think it's a bit predictable with Westbrook bringing it up sometimes in these non transition plays. I think they need to mix it up a bit more maybe look for him cutting or in the post and play him off the ball where if you miss the pass window he can fall back and then play Russ ball. I think Augustine can be used to free him up even more in these moments. The coaching staff have to create better late game situations for Russell not to go with those deep midrange attempts. However as i've said I think Russ is effectively coaching the team when he's out there. With Durant there then maybe this actually gives Brooks a position as a kind of mediator between the two. Tongue in cheek but only a bit! :p

Gasol can struggle to defend a pick and roll and get up on the shooter, there have been a few games (Boston and Atlanta to name a few) where his defending has murdered us and they have hit a higher than normal percentage all game because he is a step slow getting there

but like everyone what you lose in one spot you gain in another and while his mid range defending might not be great his ability to defend close to the rim has generally been great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gasol can struggle to defend a pick and roll and get up on the shooter, there have been a few games (Boston and Atlanta to name a few) where his defending has murdered us and they have hit a higher than normal percentage all game because he is a step slow getting there

but like everyone what you lose in one spot you gain in another and while his mid range defending might not be great his ability to defend close to the rim has generally been great
He is old and slow the further away he gets from the basket. Anywhere near the rim and he is an excellent defender though. But we can counter that with options like Niko and the excellent Taj.

yeah agree

just pointing out what the criticism of Gasol has been

Chicago media can be nightmares and knock every player down no matter what

Everyone loves Jimmy! ;)

flight23 nailed it on Gasol, that is his biggest criticism at the moment, his P and R defending hasn't been very good and there has been struggles with communication on D with Noah and others.

I reckon we will beat Memphis today, we don't lose 3 in a row very often. D Rose speaking to the media in about half an hour, and positively J Butler has been completing work outs which is positive!

I reckon he will definitely play this season.

Tough loss to Memphis today, Hung in well thanks mainly to Snell and Niko but just a few lapses late cost us.

it's completely different i know, but seeing Niko, Moore and Snell getting these extended minutes reminded me of the spurs last year when Mills and all their bench guys had so many big minutes leading into the playoffs

Snell and Niko were awesome in the last quarter, some of Thibs moves were puzzling,

AB is really struggling as a starter. Can't wait until JB, DR and
Taj are back

Where are our points going to come from. Without looking at stats im pretty sure Butler was our leading scorer and Rose was probably 3rd behind Pau maybe. You take those two away and we are simply not going to score enough points to win games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back