List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just wanting to know what GWS fans think
Buntine is worth more than Sumner. Sumner is always injured it seems, just about as he's ready for AFL level.

Buntine should've played our first 3 games this year, I don't get the infatuation with Corr. In my books he is more poor than Corr. Bunts is a favourite of mine and I think he'll go, unless LC gives him game time. Will be interesting to see if Corr gets dropped this week, IMO he needs to be. I reckon a team will be able to get Corr for a second rounder. Sumner possibly even lower.

Buntine is worth more than Sumner. Sumner is always injured it seems, just about as he's ready for AFL level.

Buntine should've played our first 3 games this year, I don't get the infatuation with Corr. In my books he is more poor than Corr. Bunts is a favourite of mine and I think he'll go, unless LC gives him game time. Will be interesting to see if Corr gets dropped this week, IMO he needs to be. I reckon a team will be able to get Corr for a second rounder. Sumner possibly even lower.

I think how people should look at it is to see who they are directly competing for spots aqainst,
Key defenders
Davis/Mohr
Third talls/Medium Defenders
Patfull/Haynes/Buntine/Corr/Plowman/Marchbank
I can see the club trying to develop Haynes and Corr into key defenders although this would be more of a longterm aim
Buntine i see competing with
Patfull contract to 2016 (retire? Someone to comment on this;))
Plowman contract to 2016 susceptible to injuries
Marchbank contract to 2016 high draft pick and first year player so unseen
If he isn't in the 22 this week he will be for the trip to Perth and hopefully he holds his spot for the majority of the season

I reckon Buntine is way too good to be playing NEAFL.

His last few games last year just oozed quality. Can't believe he hasn't been playing 1sts this year.

You do realise Buntine and Corr play different positions? One a 195cm key position player and the other a medium sized defender at 189cm.

There is no way Corr will be traded and if so it would be for more than a second rounder. Key position players take longer to develop and yet he is already playing in a very strong Giants side at a young age. Buntine will get his chance during the year to cement his spot due to injuries/drop off in form.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do realise Buntine and Corr play different positions? One a 195cm key position player and the other a medium sized defender at 189cm.

There is no way Corr will be traded and if so it would be for more than a second rounder. Key position players take longer to develop and yet he is already playing in a very strong Giants side at a young age. Buntine will get his chance during the year to cement his spot due to injuries/drop off in form.

They're both not defenders?

Well with patfull Davis and Haynes all capable of playing tall (I know patfull and Haynes can play small but that's not my point) I would agree that they are potentially playing for the same spot

It's not like Corr took buddy or tippet last week....

JC100 is spot on though about dropping one for the other. You would more likely drop Corr for Mohr. They are similar KPD types. It doesn't make sense to drop Corr for Buntine, unless we are playing an opponent undersized in attack.

I think it's only a matter of time before mohr comes in for Corr as I suspect his body isn't up to anywhere near a full season at his age.

I couldn't agree more that Buntine is too good for NEAFL! Having said that though he isn't the only one in that position though in the reserves team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buntine, Kennedy, Hampton and to a lesser extent Williams are very different players but are competing for similar spots - medium defender/rebound defender/defensive mid. And they are all too good for NEAFL.

There seems to be a change in the defence make up that we're playing taller (Corr seems a luxury extra in the line) rather than the smaller guys. The return of Haynes appears to allow a taller defender who is mobile when we may have otherwise used Buntine or Kennedy. It's also interesting using Wilson as the sub - another defender - but seems to be an impact and burst player rather than the others.

Maybe it's all part of a grand plan...

Buntine, Kennedy, Hampton and to a lesser extent Williams are very different players but are competing for similar spots - medium defender/rebound defender/defensive mid. And they are all too good for NEAFL.

There seems to be a change in the defence make up that we're playing taller (Corr seems a luxury extra in the line) rather than the smaller guys. The return of Haynes appears to allow a taller defender who is mobile when we may have otherwise used Buntine or Kennedy. It's also interesting using Wilson as the sub - another defender - but seems to be an impact and burst player rather than the others.

Maybe it's all part of a grand plan...
Agree with this. Haynes and Patfull both offer Leon a heap of flexibility down back.

Well with patfull Davis and Haynes all capable of playing tall (I know patfull and Haynes can play small but that's not my point) I would agree that they are potentially playing for the same spot

It's not like Corr took buddy or tippet last week....

It looks like they value Haynes' and Patfull's defensive marking too much to match them up on a team's top two KPFs, which I understand - Patfull's has been great for a few years now, and Haynes just blows my mind with how far he's come in the last 12 months around his injury. That leaves Davis plus one, and the plus one is Corr. Corr doesn't really bring much else to the mix but I think we'd have to rank Buntine above Patfull or Haynes in their respective role if Corr is to be dropped, which no one here seems to be suggesting.

It looks like they value Haynes' and Patfull's defensive marking too much to match them up on a team's top two KPFs, which I understand - Patfull's has been great for a few years now, and Haynes just blows my mind with how far he's come in the last 12 months around his injury. That leaves Davis plus one, and the plus one is Corr. Corr doesn't really bring much else to the mix but I think we'd have to rank Buntine above Patfull or Haynes in their respective role if Corr is to be dropped, which no one here seems to be suggesting.
Im sure i saw Patfull matching up on buddy on the weekend....

Im sure i saw Patfull matching up on buddy on the weekend....

Tried to take a speccy over him. Got a hand to it, but the idiot umpire gave Buddy the free anyway.

After last weekend's efforts I better never hear a swan supporter bleat about how hard done by Buddy is by the umpires ever again - but that's another thread.

Yep get back to Melbourne and play in front of packed crowds at the G....

Well maybe on Anzac Day or in the finals (where GWS is heading).

Seriously if any of our lads want to leave what we're building they are dead set silly people...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 5
Yep get back to Melbourne and play in front of packed crowds at the G....

Well maybe on Anzac Day or in the finals (where GWS is heading).

Seriously if any of our lads want to leave what we're building they are dead set silly people...

I agree with what you are saying, but to be fair it was absolutely pissing down so everyone was high on the stands undercover. 50k is a pretty good turnout in the rain

Was it 50k?? Fair dinkum that seems generous.

I don't understand what the delay is with Treloar. He was adamant last year, then said after pre-season, then said if we proved competitive.

Well we've ticked all the boxes from our side!

Gut feeling still positive but waiting is torture. I don't buy the newspapers down here anymore and tempted to stop listening to SEN because the constant comment that he and Shiel are "coming home" makes me feel ill!!

Was it 50k?? Fair dinkum that seems generous.

I don't understand what the delay is with Treloar. He was adamant last year, then said after pre-season, then said if we proved competitive.

Well we've ticked all the boxes from our side!

Gut feeling still positive but waiting is torture. I don't buy the newspapers down here anymore and tempted to stop listening to SEN because the constant comment that he and Shiel are "coming home" makes me feel ill!!

58 175 to be precise :)

They were well hidden and it's still a half empty stadium!! As we grow we will have packed houses at Spotless!!

Most of the Tigers fans probably made themselves invisible

Last edited:
If Shiel and Treloar don't sign in the next fortnight they are both gone.

We have ticked every box they needed to be ticked in order to get their signatures on their contracts.

If they don't sign by the Hawks game they are gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back