List Mgmt. The Core-Who stays and who goes;re-signings and departures

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon all three could fit in the forward line. If you think of the Hawk's forward line of Franklin, Roughead and Gunston or the Lions' premiership forward line of Brown, Lynch and Bradshaw I can see Cameron, Patton and McCarthy lining up quite well with those. Franklin, Brown and Cameron all have good athleticism and can roam right up the wings; Roughead, Lynch and Patton are stronger and better contested marks, so play closer to goals; Gunston, McCarthy and Bradshaw are agiler and great on a short lead so play the third tall role.

Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to watch many games at all this year and had been given the impression that Patton and McCarthy were similar types of players. Will be great (and scary) to see the stellar midfield of Shiel, Treloar, Ward etc delivering the ball into a star studded forward line. I for one hope that the core stay together so we can see it happen.

Out of curiosity do you guys know which area most the players live in? I see Griffin, Ward and Cameron pretty regularly in Coogee
From what I know, some in the Coogee/Randwick area (mainly the older guys), many between basically the ANZAC Bridge and Olympic Park and at least one in the Glenhaven area (northwest)

? Serious question. I'm new to Sydney. Asked the same question on the swans board. Id like to have a good understanding of both clubs, as coming from Melbourne to up here footy is about the 4th sport and you hear f all about it. Sorry if it offends you that I ask. But I'm a mad fan of the afl in general and want to improve the game in Sydney.
That's fine, but the club gets peppered from pillar to post about players not living in Greystanes or Mt Druitt and this gets sighted as evidence that we're "not a true Western Sydney club". None of the A league or NRL clubs have the same line of questioning or claims made about them. Besides, does it really matter where players choose to live in a sports league that has a national draft and players are sourced from anywhere?

That's fine, but the club gets peppered from pillar to post about players not living in Greystanes or Mt Druitt and this gets sighted as evidence that we're "not a true Western Sydney club". None of a A league or NRL clubs have the same line of questioning or claims made about them. Besides, does it really matter where players choose to live in a sports league that has a national draft and players are sourced from anywhere?

It doesn't matter at all? Like I said I was curious. I'm not here to bag the players not living out west. I'm actually a member of GWS I don't live out west... Doesn't mean I can't have an amount of support for them? I understand why you took the post the wrong way. Not my intention at all.

Congratulations on beating us (actual flogging!) on Saturday. I was really impressed by James Stewart. He has all the attributes to be a very very good player. He might end up being the pick of your key forwards in the future, which is scary when you consider your depth. It is always great to see young talent showing their "stuff". I reckon Collingwood will regret not picking him up under the father/son rule!!

? Serious question. I'm new to Sydney. Asked the same question on the swans board. Id like to have a good understanding of both clubs, as coming from Melbourne to up here footy is about the 4th sport and you hear f all about it. Sorry if it offends you that I ask. But I'm a mad fan of the afl in general and want to improve the game in Sydney.

Touchy subject with the media up here harping on about it periodically. Just dumb reporting TBH.

Thanks for the response. I haven't had a chance to watch many games at all this year and had been given the impression that Patton and McCarthy were similar types of players. Will be great (and scary) to see the stellar midfield of Shiel, Treloar, Ward etc delivering the ball into a star studded forward line. I for one hope that the core stay together so we can see it happen.

Patton is a lot bigger and more able to crash packs. McCarthy is more agile and shows some decent speed off the mark.

Treloar thought processes:
1. youngish team like the dogs, building nicely, one key forward, history of failure....
2. youngish team like the giants, building nicely, two key forwards (plus some), about to write its own history....

Where did I say Treloar wanted to leave GWS for the Dogs, you knob? I didn't even suggest he wanted to leave at all.

Having a crack at our "history of failure" is pretty rich when your club has an all-time 12-70 record and your coach, captain and most experienced and decorated player are all former Bulldogs - our history is a big part of your present and future. I know you're feeling GWS is ahead of the curve this year, but most supporters aren't totally insufferable until their club has actually won something. Try and stay on-topic in your own threads instead of derailing them with meaningless responses to imagined slights.

Where did I say Treloar wanted to leave GWS for the Dogs, you knob? I didn't even suggest he wanted to leave at all.

Having a crack at our "history of failure" is pretty rich when your club has an all-time 12-70 record and your coach, captain and most experienced and decorated player are all former Bulldogs - our history is a big part of your present and future. I know you're feeling GWS is ahead of the curve this year, but most supporters aren't totally insufferable until their club has actually won something. Try and stay on-topic in your own threads instead of derailing them with meaningless responses to imagined slights.
Fairly certain your a guest in our forum as such he is allowed to big note our club and denegrate yours. You on the other hand can leave
Or you can do what most dogs seem to do and stay and become a giant

I've been asking myself the same question. I've got an imaginary date of Round 15. If they're not signed by then, they're goneski.

Maybe waiting on the Hawthorn game to judge where you're at as a finals chance?? But that seems a real stretch... Your club's ticked all the boxes the first month. Can't blame poor form, etc if they go.

Fairly certain your a guest in our forum as such he is allowed to big note our club and denegrate yours. You on the other hand can leave

So basically, anyone that comes into your forum to contribute or ask a question is open to denigration, just because?? As I said, usually being insufferable comes after success. I don't see what you get out of being w*****s for no reason.

Or you can do what most dogs seem to do and stay and become a giant

:rolleyes: ok, mate. Keep firing shots, I'm not interested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe waiting on the Hawthorn game to judge where you're at as a finals chance?? But that seems a real stretch... Your club's ticked all the boxes the first month. Can't blame poor form, etc if they go.
Geez they're aiming high if Hawthorn are our benchmark!

I'm thinking it'll more be this week against the WCE and against Carlton after that. If we win or are very competitive in them hopefully they can see our future and stay.

Geez they're aiming high if Hawthorn are our benchmark!

I'm thinking it'll more be this week against the WCE and against Carlton after that. If we win or are very competitive in them hopefully they can see our future and stay.
Agreed we don't need to beat the likes of hawthorn to play finals.... and thats what we are sppeculating about ...finals not a flag

If you guys want a good laugh, I mean a proper, proper laugh check out the St Kilda draft mega thread.

I sent a screen grab to Simmofreo last night of one of their ideas...Go back a few pages.

It's gold.

If you guys want a good laugh, I mean a proper, proper laugh check out the St Kilda draft mega thread.

I sent a screen grab to Simmofreo last night of one of their ideas...Go back a few pages.

It's gold.

Here it is inamedthegiants

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430127029.994642.jpg

Melbourne comedy festival stuff

The funniest is they are adamant they're getting a Priority Pick and Shiel in the PSD...

Why would Shiel ever want to go to St Kilda!!??

I don't know what I find funnier:

1) The trades that are offered will be accepted; or
2) That they are the only ones chasing Shiel's signature and therefore he will naturally go there via PSD; or
3) Buntine will be a delisted free agent; or
4) they are a destination Club.

What St Kilda supporters need to remember is we have a prime academy pick, we will need extra drafts selections so we ain't selling anyone cheap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back