The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see Cummins in for Starc. Johnson and Starc are too similar and don't swing the ball enough, or often enough.

Cummins has pace and swings the ball a fair bit in australian conditions so the duke ball and cloudy days should be prime conditions for him

I'd like to see Cummins in for Starc. Johnson and Starc are too similar and don't swing the ball enough, or often enough.

Cummins has pace and swings the ball a fair bit in australian conditions so the duke ball and cloudy days should be prime conditions for him
Interesting idea but would you really drop Starc over johnson? not a lot between their figures:
Starc: 12wtk @ 31 SR 45
Johnson: 10wtks @ 33 SR 56
Johnson has been decent with the bat though so maybe that puts him ahead. I expected a lot more from Starc in the last test based on the conditions. Hard to know about Cummings. His only tests were in South Africa which is similarly bouncy to Australia.

Interesting idea but would you really drop Starc over johnson? not a lot between their figures:
Starc: 12wtk @ 31 SR 45
Johnson: 10wtks @ 33 SR 56
Johnson has been decent with the bat though so maybe that puts him ahead. I expected a lot more from Starc in the last test based on the conditions. Hard to know about Cummings. His only tests were in South Africa which is similarly bouncy to Australia.

Yeah very good points. I just think at his best Johnson is more damaging than Starc. Starc is a little bit one dimensional.
And thats the thing with English conditions. They are so unpredictable and different to any other place around the world.
Harris is such a big loss. Hazlewood has done ok in his absense, I think we need another line and length bowler who can swing the ball and let Johnson be the out and out quick which he is best at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back