The Death Penalty for Chan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, but why provoke and dare them into further exercise of their immorality?
You are expecting a rationality from the offenders, which, in the cold light of day, with malice aforethought, many years later, the Indonesian government finds themselves incapable of applying.

Has anyone ever accused you of being human? To which species do you belong? You seem to be obsessed about Australia's image to the world. Can you possibly be that shallow? The ringleaders are currently doing nothing illegal. With your applause, a government is about to murder someone. Are you so devoid of common decency to be unable to see this? I guess you are.

They should have thought about that before they went on and made a drug trafficking group. Currently doing nothing illegal- yeah they are in prison a bit hard to dothe wrong inside. Where have I said I am applauding it? I have said if they do the crime they must do the punishment. You can't reduce these sentences for the sake of it.

You are expecting a rationality from the offenders, which, in the cold light of day, with malice aforethought, many years later, the Indonesian government finds themselves incapable of applying.

Problem is they are acting rationally - see my comments earlier about the new Indonesian President's domestic political situation. There's a lot of domestic political gain in it for him by executing a few foreigners.

Problem is they are acting rationally - see my comments earlier about the new Indonesian President's domestic political situation. There's a lot of domestic political gain in it for him by executing a few foreigners.

And you call this behaviour rational? That's rather sad.

They should have thought about that before they went on and made a drug trafficking group. Currently doing nothing illegal- yeah they are in prison a bit hard to dothe wrong inside. Where have I said I am applauding it? I have said if they do the crime they must do the punishment. You can't reduce these sentences for the sake of it.
Why not?

You keep posting how appropriate you find state-sponsored murder, to protect Australia's reputation. What is one to think? Has it ever occurred to the thing you laughingly refer to as your mind that there is no inevitability about the nexus between crime and punishment? Sorry, I'm asking you to think. Unconscionable for you, I know. Maybe you should just keep mouthing those rote-learned vacuities of which you seem so fond. The last thing you'd want to do would be to surprise anybody by having an original thought.

Why not?

You keep posting how appropriate you find state-sponsored murder, to protect Australia's reputation. What is one to think? Has it ever occurred to the thing you laughingly refer to as your mind that there is no inevitability about the nexus between crime and punishment? Sorry, I'm asking you to think. Unconscionable for you, I know. Maybe you should just keep mouthing those rote-learned vacuities of which you seem so fond. The last thing you'd want to do would be to surprise anybody by having an original thought.

Why not? You are saying these two are as good as half the mules! Thats why. The ringleaders MUST be punished more, they organised this disgrace. The punishment fits the laws, that happens to be death. Won't be the last time in that area. Perhaps these two should have thought about it. For the last time, how hard is it to say NO?

It's this attitude that has led to the murder of millions throughout history.

This notion that the state has the right to murder because 'its the law' is a braindead response to an issue that demands thought and consideration.

But simple minded thinking is something this country does too well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So they wrote letters yesterday seeking clemency? All those victims of junkies and drug traffickers should have the same opportunity to present their case on behalf of all the dead murdered by drug addicts and their suppliers.

I wish they weren't on death row but the this must be mental torture.

When Australian police don't care about someone in a poor area tormented by junkies, that must be mental torture. To a victim of junkies, knowing that tax payers dollahs supply drug addicts with free needles, needles that end up left in parks and beaches. It must feel like the gov wants junkies.

In laymans terms, i think its disgusting people have any feelings for these animals who traffic drugs.

So they wrote letters yesterday seeking clemency? All those victims of junkies and drug traffickers should have the same opportunity to present their case on behalf of all the dead murdered by drug addicts and their suppliers.

Regulate drugs by selling clean substances in controlled locations does away with the black market.

Then having an emergency free drug centre 800km NE of Kal with a smorgasbord of all you can inject on offer with three doors. Being an entry, a rehab door or its all over red rover door..

The victims you referred to our real but they are victims of a black market created by old school policy.

Who has claimed their actions weren't harmful?

The point is murdering them isnt going to help anything.

And why aren't cigarette and alcohol execs lined up, tied to a pole and shot in the heart aswell?

Regulate drugs by selling clean substances in controlled locations does away with the black market.

Then having an emergency free drug centre 800km NE of Kal with a smorgasbord of all you can inject on offer with three doors. Being an entry, a rehab door or its all over red rover door..

The victims you referred to our real but they are victims of a black market created by old school policy.

Bingo

Historically didn't China use to do the same thing with Opium Dens. And the Brits fought a war over the trade with them so go figure.

If most wars are about "resources" the so called "War on Drugs" is the same thing. Who controls the trade? Funny that the US who first publically declared it had their CIA running drugs for years and the Asian Countries located closest to the Golden Triangle have the harshest penalty for anyone dealing on their turf. Yet are still absolutely awash with drugs. Funny that.

Old school? More like primtive as hell. We have a problem with drugs......Uhh well yeah we'll just execute the dealers. Never mind wondering why they are illegal, are such a problem, why there are som many users and who is benefiting. The status quo is then sold to the masses as moral panic that drugs are ripping the fabric of society apart etc etc. (They may well be but are a symptom not a cause).

As to a Death Penalty, I have to say I'm for it in certain serious cases but for Drug Dealing is just way way over the top and just adds to the corruption and drug problems rather than offering a solution.

And why aren't cigarette and alcohol execs lined up, tied to a pole and shot in the heart aswell?

I see alot of people who frequent Muslim hate groups on social media bringing up this point. A point that is completely irrelevant. Muslim countries in Asia have been making a stand against Australian criminals taking advantage of the poverty in the region to make a quick buck.That is their right and it has nothing to do with you. I am yet to see anyone make the point you do, actually post about those issues outside this case.

When Australian police don't care about someone in a poor area tormented by junkies, that must be mental torture. To a victim of junkies, knowing that tax payers dollahs supply drug addicts with free needles, needles that end up left in parks and beaches. It must feel like the gov wants junkies.

In laymans terms, i think its disgusting people have any feelings for these animals who traffic drugs.

fair comment

As to a Death Penalty, I have to say I'm for it in certain serious cases but for Drug Dealing is just way way over the top and just adds to the corruption and drug problems rather than offering a solution.

I'm torn on the death penalty bit as I feel death is appropriate in certain circumstances as an outcome rather than a punishment. but the justice system is not perfect, so I would only advocate death as an event rather than a process.

To clarify, if death is a result of self defence, war or a legal event in an arrest then so be it. I won't lose any sleep. but I'm not comfortable with an investigation and judicial system taking a decade, which may have flaws, to result in death. In essence a death penalty is not cruel but the process is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back