Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always felt for the players. They were essentially used as guinea pigs and told everything would be fine. Now all this happens.

I wish Ryder all the best and hope he gets to Port.
I don't think they all were

Look at Jobe Watson OTC when this first started
He was very sure of himself, not what you'd expect from someone who "didn't know"

Good on Ryder for coming out and speaking his mind/showing his disapproval. So much for Mr 'I'm doing it for the club and players' Hird's words on the matter. I wish Paddy and his family all the best.

I've always felt for the players. They were essentially used as guinea pigs and told everything would be fine. Now all this happens.

I wish Ryder all the best and hope he gets to Port.
I hope they get the book thrown at them. The rolled up their sleeves sat on the metal table and let themselves get injected. They could have said "no thanks." regardless of what the club threatened them with they got an unfair advantage.

It's entirely likely that the players will get 6 month bans and miss a month or two of footy and Hird will get a 2 year ban.
They are sure to get a decent whack after the run around they gave asada.
I think they might have been a bit more lenient if the bombers had played it straight from the start.

We will get them R3 or 4 whenever the banned players return.

Fixture will be released before ASADA hands anything down... so expect an August meeting with Essendon

We only played them early in 2014 as AFL were expecting 6 month ASADA bans in May

In totally unrelated news, the Swans played the Bombers twice in May & August in 2014

Trade week has made this thread a bit quiet. Needs this bump to get it back to Page 1! <#neverforget>

Wondering why players would be interested in going to Essendon tbh. Unless they think that with various individuals getting a ban, it opens their chances of playing the first few rounds? Not sure if that'd drag me to a club with ongoing issues and the potential likelihood that their coach may be sacked.

It's entirely likely that the players will get 6 month bans and miss a month or two of footy and Hird will get a 2 year ban.

I feel that strongly about this topic that I would like to see Hird banned for at least 10 years. However, the ban would be superfluous as I doubt anyone will want anything to do with him after this.

I feel that strongly about this topic that I would like to see Hird banned for at least 10 years. However, the ban would be superfluous as I doubt anyone will want anything to do with him after this.

Agree. The AFL dropping charges against Doc Reid was also a disgrace. He should've stopped the program or resigned so as not to be associated with it. He challenged to save his reputation, the time to save his reputation was 12 months earlier.

Life time ban thanks + never to enter the hall of fame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade week has made this thread a bit quiet. Needs this bump to get it back to Page 1! <#neverforget>

Wondering why players would be interested in going to Essendon tbh. Unless they think that with various individuals getting a ban, it opens their chances of playing the first few rounds? Not sure if that'd drag me to a club with ongoing issues and the potential likelihood that their coach may be sacked.
Hird is many terrible things, but he's certainly one hell of a salesman.

Agree. The AFL dropping charges against Doc Reid was also a disgrace. He should've stopped the program or resigned so as not to be associated with it. He challenged to save his reputation, the time to save his reputation was 12 months earlier.

Reid would have threatened to sue based on damage to his practice and the AFL would have lost. It was the right call to wait for infractions. Having said that it is still way too much of a boys club.

Reid would have threatened to sue based on damage to his practice and the AFL would have lost. It was the right call to wait for infractions. Having said that it is still way too much of a boys club.
How can a doctor authorise injections and not keep records? I think Reid would have got hammered in court but the AFL thought that this would all blow over with no fault verdicts and didn't want the nasty stories that would no doubt have emerged to get air time.

How can a doctor authorise injections and not keep records? I think Reid would have got hammered in court but the AFL thought that this would all blow over with no fault verdicts and didn't want the nasty stories that would no doubt have emerged to get air time.

Wasn't Reid largely marginalise and not directly responsible for administering injections? Reid was under the Hird spell just like everyone else at that rabble.

Wasn't Reid largely marginalise and not directly responsible for administering injections? Reid was under the Hird spell just like everyone else at that rabble.
He signed off on the program. His signature is on the 'permission slips'. If he got bullied into it or got marginalised after that then he was derelict in his duties as the responsible party for the injection program. If a doctor prescribes medication that doesn't mean they also need to administer it but it sure as hell means they have to record what they have prescribed.

EDIT: Signing off on 'Thymosin' is about as far from being a responsible doctor as it gets in regards to professional sports people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back