Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day another fluffy article about how Essendon are putting it all behind them.
Sheer desperation on the EFC/AFL's behalf.

This will stain them for decades regardless of the tribunal outcome. Blind Freddy can see that they've been trying to wriggle out of this mess by playing dumb and arguing technicalities.

Rita's article was bang on about it carrying on for a lot longer yet. There'll be appeals and court cases for some time.

I notice Essendon are in the paper again......my god, are they paying them to be their publicist??
You mean the article about the asad
Perfect scenario is the players cop a hefty suspension and we go back to back to back. The motivation for their cheating celebrating a 3-peat while the club is on its knees.

TB-4 invoice $25k
Staff Payouts $2m
Court Costs $1m

Hawthorn Three-peat. Priceless.:D
and they keep James Hird as head coach.

You mean the article about the asad

and they keep James Hird as head coach.

Financially, how much longer can they keep going.

In one way all the publicity is good, because if we didn't have this distraction, I imagine all the dumbos (journos) would be talking about Hawthorn, and three in a row. The less this is mentioned the better for us, as far as I'm concerned.

Perfect scenario is the players cop a hefty suspension and we go back to back to back. The motivation for their cheating celebrating a 3-peat while the club is on its knees.

TB-4 invoice $25k
Staff Payouts $2m
Court Costs $1m

Hawthorn Three-peat. Priceless.:D
+ the loss of status as a destination club stopping them from recruiting any quality. This has happened over the last 2 years and will probably happen next year again and possibly 2016 (especially if they slide down the ladder). That's going to hurt for the next decade.

Financially, how much longer can they keep going.

In one way all the publicity is good, because if we didn't have this distraction, I imagine all the dumbos (journos) would be talking about Hawthorn, and three in a row. The less this is mentioned the better for us, as far as I'm concerned.
They have 60k of members, and a fair slab of them are dumb enough to keep donating money to the club, despite their continual efforts to piss it all up against a wall.

They have 60k of members, and a fair slab of them are dumb enough to keep donating money to the club, despite their continual efforts to piss it all up against a wall.

Little is rather well off also. He's probably got enough to give a million to every member, and still have a few left over to pay the lawyers.

Wife of Hird $150
Really? I've heard differently.
The conversation went like this:

James: If this whole ASADA thing goes pear shaped, we're going to have to makee money elsewhere.
Wife: There's nothing for it, I'll have to sell my body on the streets
James: OK, not happy about it, but maybe you're right.
Later that day
James: How juch did you make?
Wife: $150 and 20 cents.
James: Who paid 20 cents?
Wife: Everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an article from about a week ago saying how tough the preseason training was for them.

One player quoted as unable to feel his arse. Looked like the peptide program had started up again.
There was one the other day with a picture of Daniher spewing his guts up. Clearly peptide related.

Just reading One For All and came across this paragraph on page 72:

"When I became president in 1953," he (Dr Sandy Ferguson) said much later, "I was determined that the events which hurt us so badly at the start of 1950 would never happen again. I adopted it as one of my principles that there were no secrets in the club (Hawthorn), that everyone knew what everyone else was doing... The big thing about 1950, though, was that it forced the realisation that something had to be done, that all aspects of the club had to be looked at. And they were ..."

This statement about our club gives me confidence that a rogue like Dank would not be able to come to Hawthorn and implement the same type of thing he did at Essendon.

Also from the way that Hird and Little behave, they haven't decided that "all aspects of the club had to be looked at" but rather it's the AFL's and ASADA's fault. The difference is that the people at Hawthorn are humble enough to learn from their mistakes.

Just reading One For All and came across this paragraph on page 72:

"When I became president in 1953," he (Dr Sandy Ferguson) said much later, "I was determined that the events which hurt us so badly at the start of 1950 would never happen again. I adopted it as one of my principles that there were no secrets in the club (Hawthorn), that everyone knew what everyone else was doing... The big thing about 1950, though, was that it forced the realisation that something had to be done, that all aspects of the club had to be looked at. And they were ..."

This statement about our club gives me confidence that a rogue like Dank would not be able to come to Hawthorn and implement the same type of thing he did at Essendon.

Also from the way that Hird and Little behave, they haven't decided that "all aspects of the club had to be looked at" but rather it's the AFL's and ASADA's fault. The difference is that the people at Hawthorn are humble enough to learn from their mistakes.

You make it sound as though Hird and the Essendon board didn't know EXACTLY what was going on and what Dank was doing. Interesting... you been reading too much media press again? ;)

So, the Essendon saga is in to its third year. A week until the anti-doping AFL tribunal is due to sit next.
May 2015 be the year of justice.

So, the Essendon saga is in to its third year. A week until the anti-doping AFL tribunal is due to sit next.
May 2015 be the year of justice.
Third year? Danks programme at the Scum started in late 2011 so by my calculations we are now in to the fifth year.

Third year? Danks programme at the Scum started in late 2011 so by my calculations we are now in to the fifth year.
Sorry, I meant investigation wise, not the length of the total program.

From the small tidbit released from the tribunal yesterday, it seems the players lawyers are cross examining a Doc about the properties of TB4. Interesting.

This will be hilarious if after everything, they decided to argue that TB4 shouldn't be banned by WADA.

How many leaks are there? Where is this thing at?
Funnily enough, Essendon were not allowed to attend the tribunal, and what do you know.....no leaks.

All we have is what the AFL have released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back