Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well wasn't that a complete load of bullshit today,the EFC will allways be rememberd as drug cheats,the AFL should hang there heads for allowing this circus to happen.should all clubs now look at a injection programme then just destroy all the records,hey the EFC got away with it.open slater my friends

The next step is that ASADA will appeal to the AFL appeals tribunal - a bit like soviet dissident appealing to the soviet Central committee. Nothing will come of it, which means WADA will step in and take it to CAS. This may take several months but it will happen. We just need to be patient.
Why not WADA straight to CAS? Do they have to go AFL appeals first?

I also share you sentiment about former judges in the employ of the AFL, they were lawyers once. Sad to say my lawyer friends are truly the most morally and ethically challenged people I know. That may be a reflection on the company I keep.

Take note of the last bit in that post from the black ops guy. The whole reason it was set now is the AFL and their legal team knew now would allow the appeal by ASADA which, as he states, will end in naught and then WADA will deem it to be not enough and take it to the CAS, which will take months. By that time, the season will be over.

Why not WADA straight to CAS? Do they have to go AFL appeals first?

I also share you sentiment about former judges in the employ of the AFL, they were lawyers once. Sad to say my lawyer friends are truly the most morally and ethically challenged people I know. That may be a reflection on the company I keep.
It only goes to WADA if they think ASADA are being corrupt or inept in their investigation. In this case, ASADA, with the backing of independent judges looking over their investigation and case, have been doing their job so the appeals procedure is followed.

Unfortunately their case isn't strong enough to overcome the money the AFL pay the tribunal, which is why WADA exist.

It only goes to WADA if they think ASADA are being corrupt or inept in their investigation. In this case, ASADA, with the backing of independent judges looking over their investigation and case, have been doing their job so the appeals procedure is followed.

Unfortunately their case isn't strong enough to overcome the money the AFL pay the tribunal, which is why WADA exist.

Perhaps we could invoke 'inept' at this early stage.

The whole lot of them are corrupt and most supporters of the game won't give a s**t once it's all done and dusted.

I can't imagine asada are going to be happy with being made to look like fools - I can see a substantial increase in the number of players tested this season and on a far more spontaneous and regular basis.

Is there anyone here who understands the legal powers of the CAS? If WADA took the case there, could they subpoena people? Charters, Alavi, Dank, Hird, even the players? I'm sure then that lying under oath could occur, but confront them with their emails and texts, etc.

And is Dank still being charged $5000/day for refusing to be interviewed by ASADA?

The fact charters and alavi weren't compelled to give evidence and be cross examined hurt asadas case badly. The stink will stay with Essendon for a long time. Dank says tb4 was legal, tribunal says it wasn't, yet they can't be sure it was taken? So why did dank care? Hmmmmmmm

Oh well, worry about our three peat, whilst WADA do what they need to do

I'm not sure if Robbo's article has been linked yet ...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y-doping-verdict/story-fni5f6kv-1227286937223

I have no words for how pathetic that article is. #HaveanotherdrinkRobbo.

A comment from reader Greg ..

Mark, your non-objective style of reporting is sickening. Surely as a senior member of the media, you must be presenting unbiased information, rather than the self indulgent, opinionated rubbish you put forward. Saad - guilty, Crowley - will never play again, collingwood boys are gone, yet the Essendon football club have been served up a massive injustice and should be applauded for the handling of their hardships. PLEASE! Mate, the Essendon football club have, once again, dodged a bullet. They did the wrong thing, and if not guilty through lack of evidence, they are guilty of disgusting procedures that warrant punishment at the elite level. At the end of the day, the Essendon football club, players, administrators, supporters and YOU, should thank your lucky stars, move on and shut the .... up!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All I get from reading articles is the doping equivalent of a man (Essendon) was found outside a murder scene only a minute after the murder occurred, being the only person who had the opportunity to commit the murder, but the police (ASADA) can't find any concrete evidence that says the man killed the victim.

Everybody knows the man did it, even the man himself said he had the opportunity and resources to do it, the victim ended up dead but there's no way to prove it, even though we all know the man did it.

Ok, so after thinking about this overnight, Im still none the wiser. So I would really like to know what do ASADA and WADA actually do?? Because to me they are completely incompetent and DO NOT know how to do the job. So its just an organisation that is a massive waist of $$$.

We all know that this has the AFL's greasy, dishonest, disgraceful hands all over this. Cash talks and this is EXACTLY what has happened. Its what one would call "Hush money"

So in a nutshell, the players were injected, the club plays dumb and does not know what was injected, there is no paper trail or records of injection, but there were injections..........Im just confusing myself.

But seriously, maybe the players didnt know and Im happy to buy that, but this bullshit story coming from this filthy, uneducated, moronic club they call Essendon, is absolutely a joke. I dont really have any interest in the law, cause quite frankly its all s**t, but anybody who has a bit of common sense can see this is as corrupt as, well, the AFL!!!!!.

So people holding their breath on ASADA or WADA to do something or even do their job, well, I think you should breath out. Dont rely on morons that have not got a clue and are as corrupt as the AFL itself!

The whole lot of them are corrupt and most supporters of the game won't give a s**t once it's all done and dusted.

I can't imagine asada are going to be happy with being made to look like fools - I can see a substantial increase in the number of players tested this season and on a far more spontaneous and regular basis.

Exactly. At last years GF there were Swan supporters I knew, who had absolutely no idea about Cola. I suspect a lot of supporters fall into this category are are clueless as to how the game is run or what goes on behind the scene (a bit like Labor voters ;)). I suspect the AFL are fully aware of this.

WADA are the world anti doping authority, ASADA are our local anti doping authority. They will have had an eye out for the AFL tribunal result whose investigation was sought by ASADA.

ASADA can appeal and WADA can appeal over the top of any ASADA appeal.

So if ASADA appeal and lose, WADA can have a shot.

Personally I believe ASADA will forfeit their right to appeal and let WADA have a crack.

I'm sure this result will have made the international sporting news. We're now branded in the same boat as China, Russia etc. An international joke. I'm sure we'll be hearing more from Aussie Olympians etc now tarred with the same brush as those nations and sports we've been quick to point out as drug cheats.in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back