Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The way it's supposed to work is you come in (to cooperate) before somebody has gone to all the trouble of investigating it," said Richard Young, an attorney for USADA and the firm Bryan Cave LLP. "You can't say, 'I didn't do it. I didn't do it. I didn't do it. But now you've got me, so I'll come in and admit it and get a break.' That doesn't work."
Young's comments in reference to Armstrong. They will go hard at Essendrug.

all the news corp media outlets, including Foxsports are absolutely hammering Carlton at the moment because it's keeping everyones attention away from Essendon*. I think that as soon as a new coach or the situation with Malthouse is resolved, the heat will die down and the media will be drawn back to *.

Double-dipping - if they can win one it pretty well seals the other you would think.

Go for the throat, WADA!
Interesting if they go at Dank first. If they find that he did indeed administer TB4 at Essendon it will be very hard for the players to say they didn't get it.

Could be reading too much into this but have an inkling WADA may have something up their sleeves that has yet to come to light.

ASADA statement on WADA decision to appeal Dank decision to CAS .............

CGc0YQyUkAACHcC.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I have thrown up from time to time on the asada board, which no one really seems to care much about.

Lets say Essendope get found guilty... they lose 20 players for 12/18 months.

This lets them collect the #1 pick two/three years in a row, and they get the benefit of starting the second round at pick 19 etc.

Then they get 20 players back in their prime.

Seems ridiculous that they can benefit so greatly from cheating.

I would seriously prefer them to be found not guilty and finish 12th on the ladder for the next few years rather than collecting #1 picks.

One thing I have thrown up from time to time on the asada board, which no one really seems to care much about.

This lets them collect the #1 pick two/three years in a row, and they get the benefit of starting the second round at pick 19 etc.

I would seriously prefer them to be found not guilty and finish 12th on the ladder for the next few years rather than collecting #1 picks.
Finishing last would come with the proviso they can't benefit from it surely. Think something like that happened to Storm didn't it?

Mmmm, sad to say it but think we'll still find a way to finish below the suspended Bombers

Just wondering, how much power does WADA and CAS have to compel Dank to appear? Because he's been very staunchly against any interviews and has made comments about not cooperating with them?

Finishing last would come with the proviso they can't benefit from it surely. Think something like that happened to Storm didn't it?

Nope, the AFL said the penalties they got in 2013 were the only club based penalties they would receive.

They also put Essendons first pick of the draft the following year at the end of the first round, this was in case the players got sanctioned so they couldn't benefit and get the #1 pick, but because it's dragged on so long, this has already come and gone.

What makes you think the players would be returning in their prime - or at all?

• If the players are suspended for being "unknowingly" injected with banned substances, there will be more legal action than you can poke a syringe at.
  • Essendon would need to defend themselves against lawsuits from their own players, which would only drive an even bigger wedge between club and players.
  • There will be players who refuse to return to a club that had endangered their health and careers.
  • Of the players that do return, most will have had a year away from the game and will be nowhere near peak condition, and senior players like Watson, Fletcher, Winderlich, Stanton, Baguley etc. will be yet another year older and further from their prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back