Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not naive enough to believe that 30+ grown adult men didn't have at least some reservations about a series of multiple injections over a period of months.

No one, not even the mythic "good but dumb footballer" can be that stupid as to take weekly injections over months and not question if what they are doing is right.

Say no more ...

You sir have nailed it !!

So now that Essendope have locked in a spot in the finals, surely there would be no chance of them
accepting any deals ASADA may offer up for reduced suspensions would there?

In doing so they would effectively suspend themselves from the finals series, due to
infraction notices being served immediately, and any 'reduced penalties' commencing
forthwith.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it seems that if Essendope want to participate in the 2014
finals series, they will have to reject all offers from ASADA.

hmmmmmm?

This is where the conflict of interest lies for the AFL. Are they fighting for the integrity of the game - thus pushing to punish fully or are they swayed by the $ they would lose by doing so?

This is where the conflict of interest lies for the AFL. Are they fighting for the integrity of the game - thus pushing to punish fully or are they swayed by the $ they would lose by doing so?
I don't think they have much of a say in the end.
They hand down the penalties and WADA say yay or nay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dons treated 'pretty badly'
"I think they’ve been dealt a hand that’s been awful, so for them to make it [finals], yeah … it’s fantastic for them," Thompson said. "I’m glad they’ve got something out of it and that was the reason why we’re all here, for them, because they’ve been treated pretty badly."

"I've never experienced anything like it, so much pressure on young men," Thompson said. "It's easily understated how much pressure is on them. We just take it for granted now that we're allowed to do anything to them."

Thread has peaked.

Dons treated 'pretty badly'

"I think they’ve been dealt a hand that’s been awful, so for them to make it [finals], yeah … it’s fantastic for them," Thompson said. "I’m glad they’ve got something out of it and that was the reason why we’re all here, for them, because they’ve been treated pretty badly."
"I've never experienced anything like it, so much pressure on young men," Thompson said. "It's easily understated how much pressure is on them. We just take it for granted now that we're allowed to do anything to them."

Thread has peaked.

Yeah Mark like pumping them full of illegal drugs without their consent! :rolleyes:

So Cronulla players get to serve a suspension while playing...my head is about to explode at the notion. And Essendon have been offered the same deal?

Surely to Christ WADA will say hey, those Aussies have lost the plot, on behalf of all the non cheating athletes in the world we had better go and straighten them out...

1. I'm disgusted that they have been alowed backdated bans - it's a disgrace
2. However in saying that they are allowed that becuase of a drawn out investigation - now I'm not sure why the investigation was so drawn out but it must be noted that Cronulla never took ASADA to court over this, I don't know a lot about the Cronulla investigation but that is one key difference
3. Therefore hopefully (if justice prevails) Essendope won't have their bans back dated because unlike Cronulla where the investigation supposedly took too long - in Essendope's case it was them draggin the ivestigastion out

Therefore hopefully the scum will all get 2 year bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back