Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are actually people who comment in this thread who have actually done their research on the drugs used or are lawyers who are commenting on the points of law used. So there is actually a fair amount of fact posted about the process of whats been happening for the last 21 months.

Admittedly there is a lot more vitriolic posts directed towards Essendon* because of their rivalry with our club. However, some of the vitriol is well directed because Essendon are serial cheats... much worse than Carlton ever have been.

1. We got done for systematic salary cap infringements... so did Essendon* and for a longer period than we got done for.
2. We never got done for draft tampering... Essendon* did.
3. We never got done for tax evasion... Essendon* did.
4. While individual players from our past have admitted to playing while under the influence of certain illegal drugs, we have never engaged in a systematic, controlled (despite what Essendon* have tried to portray... the evidence in the text messages suggests that there were records kept as to who took what and when) illegal doping program involving virtually their entire list.

People trying to defend the players... while admirable in their efforts are somewhat deluded. They got caught up in the cult of personality being run by Hird and they signed up without thought to the program. IF they had any doubts about the program, they should have discussed it with their GP or reported it immediately. NONE of them did... they were all busy signing consent forms and getting their jabs. They were complicit in their actions in regard to the doping program... just like anyone who is getting under the table payments in excess of their reported salaries are complicit in the salary cap infringements of the club.

Essendon* thanks to the Evans family thinks that they are above the rule of law of the AFL. They were allowed to keep their premiership cup after it came out that they had actually infringed the salary cap in 1993. It should have been struck from the records that they won and an asterisk put next to the year 1993 in the AFL history books. I am fairly certain that if Carlton had won the premiership in 1999, we would have had it stripped off us.

Yes... we are biased against Essendon but only because they are one of our major rivals.

This thread is waste of energy and probably always was. Goes from too little or too much moderation and just not enough sensible thought added to be worth reading or posting much on. Anyway, thought I would have a glance out of curiosity. Don't know why I bothered thinking I would glance at a few pages a day or so back, and make a brief summary of what I thought from what is actually truly known. We do not know much guys and girls. Then some big mouths try to jump down throat and make assumptions that can not be made from the little I typed. I probably should have expected keyboard warriors are going to exist in topic like this and think because they want to post about it so much more, they must know better.

oh well. Sooner this whole saga is dealt with by AFL the sooner the endless speculation on forums and newspaper articles ends. The amount of time people want to sprout opinions when so little is actually known by so few is amazing. Maybe actually a handful of people at best will know what truly went on but there are so many other people that think they know so much it is truly bizarre. I guess it is just us human beings. Chinese whispers can lead to so much. People actually think knowing the truth when getting info 2nd hand to 5th hand happens. I'm actually not sure the full truth will ever get known. Investigations don't always get to everything. I've seen an investigation up close in one industry two years back. It was an eye opener on how strong opinions can be informed by those on outside that can know so little. It also showed me just because an investigation takes place does not mean it is straightforward. It made me super aware when all this Essendon drama started up to see how crazy and off the ropes speculation can get once an investigation starts up and needs to take time to get to a conclusion and resolution. Just hope common sense prevails when AFL got as much info and evidence that is still possible and make the right decision for our sport. Please December 22. Let's get this over with if we can.
You sure have wasted a lot of energy in telling us that it is a waste of energy. I've got a better idea...stay away from it.

A tip: if you give an opinion on a social media forum there is a very good chance someone will disagree with you and tell you why. And sooking about it and calling them names will not help your cause at all.

There are actually people who comment in this thread who have actually done their research on the drugs used or are lawyers who are commenting on the points of law used. So there is actually a fair amount of fact posted about the process of whats been happening for the last 21 months.

There is plenty known about what went on and plenty that is in the public domain. But the white noise and disinformation deliberately spread by professional spinners has made an already complex pile of facts even more confusing, so reading a variety of opinions from people with the brains to piece things together (or at least try to) can help one get a basic grasp of what went down and how. That's the value of these forums, and if people see no value then don't bother.

And we do hate Essendon. In my case, much more than I used too.

There is plenty known about what went on and plenty that is in the public domain. But the white noise and disinformation deliberately spread by professional spinners has made an already complex pile of facts even more confusing, so reading a variety of opinions from people with the brains to piece things together (or at least try to) can help one get a basic grasp of what went down and how. That's the value of these forums, and if people see no value then don't bother.

And we do hate Essendon. In my case, much more than I used too.

Is that point...........or opinion???

wonder what happened to the blue heeler...

seemed to add to discussions, even if I don't share his political views.

Seems he was a multiple time banned poster, from both here and other boards and admin have pulled the pin.

Seems he was a multiple time banned poster, from both here and other boards and admin have pulled the pin.
It wasnt MCB was it? It was about time that they tried to sneak back in again :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back