Certified Legendary Thread 34 Essendon* Players suspended for doping violations - No opposition fans. Check OP for thread rules

If Essendon* gets slapped on the wrist with a wet lettuce leaf, I will .......

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still baffled by all the numbnuts saying the courts got it wrong/have it in for Essendon.

The magistrate and lawyers would have had access to all the files and evidence and case documents and the proof is quite clearly conclusive.

The Bombers fans wanted an opening hearing and have all the facts/evidence open to the public forum, but by doing that, players would have had to be named.

I am not an academic or an educated person (never finished high school) but taking into account the weight of evidence and sworn testimony, its obvious even to the most simple person like me, that this case is heading for one conclusion.

What Hird is doing is simply delaying the inevitable and only straining his family's finances with legal bills and testing the supporters patience.

Hird tried playing Don Quixote, but failed, and in an rather spectacular way as well.

I believe once the suspensions come through for the Essendon players, Hird's position as coach is untenable..

Sounds to me like he has gone to the US to further investigate his legal boundaries, while getting away from the mob of media wanting blood...

I think in the end the club will sit with him and discuss a parting of their ways, which may include a payout helping cover some of his legal costs..

Hird tried playing Don Quixote, but failed, and in an rather spectacular way as well.

I believe once the suspensions come through for the Essendon players, Hird's position as coach is untenable..

Not even then. He's too arrogant to do the honourable thing and stand down. He has too much dirt on too many people for them to sack him - or surely they would already have done so. As well as the unswerving, blind support of the feral StandbyTird lobby.

Only when the huge sack full of sh!t they have desperately been trying to hide from the world splits open, allowing the contents to spill out for everyone to see - only then will Tird's position be untenable. Finally they will have nothing more to lose by giving him the bullet.

Honestly, how an AFL club can allow their coach to be overseas in the middle of preseason is just staggering.

Hird's complete lack of ethics will no doubt serve him well in the world of big business however, I just wish he would **** off and get on with it.

#FlushTheHird
When the coach runs the club he can do what he likes. No one, I repeat, no one at the EFC has the guts to take Hird on. They added a further two Hirdites to the board late last year to ensure Hird remains untouchable.

This is all going to eventually collapse in a screaming heap & it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of cretins, from club president to every last supporter. They are a pack of losers.

This is all going to eventually collapse in a screaming heap & it couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of cretins, from club president to every last supporter. They are a pack of losers.
I don't agree with the every last supporter bit. There are a few on BF who go alright. Doss, Admiral Afterworld/Whateverhisnewnameis, DonsRule, etc have been realistic about things and don't really approve of Hird's behaviour. They're the ones I feel sorry for, in fact early on in the piece I believe AA was shouted down for daring to criticise Hird and the club. As for the rest of their supporters, they can go and get stuffed. Those on the Hird bandwagon deserve everything they get.

We look forward to James continuing to focus on preparing our players for the upcoming season and building on the great work he has done over the last four months.

Is there a clone of James Hird that we are unaware of? Can't see where the great work comes from when he's overseas most of the time.

Is there a clone of James Hird that we are unaware of? Can't see where the great work comes from when he's overseas most of the time.
Even EssADA* recognise they are better off without him around. St Jimmy seems to be the only one oblivious to the fact.

He won't appeal again. He will take up most of the 21 days he has to decide, in order to try and give off the impression he will appeal because he truly believes in his innocence. Then he will back off saying he doesn't want this to hurt the club or the players anymore as this will drag it out further, and he'll take his wack for everyone involved and the good of the game....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't agree with the every last supporter bit. There are a few on BF who go alright. Doss, Admiral Afterworld/Whateverhisnewnameis, DonsRule, etc have been realistic about things and don't really approve of Hird's behaviour. They're the ones I feel sorry for, in fact early on in the piece I believe AA was shouted down for daring to criticise Hird and the club. As for the rest of their supporters, they can go and get stuffed. Those on the Hird bandwagon deserve everything they get.

Wonder if they where the ones waving wooden spoons at me at the mcg 10 years ago?

On what grounds can he appeal though? Surely they won't let him go round again

if he appeals, high court first decides whether it'll hear the sppeal, if its 'worthy' enough.

if they hear it, theyll b determining whether the federal court got it "legally" wrong, they wont b hearing the case from scratch like middleton did.

high court can also change the common law, but wont go down that path

Anyways, whole thing seems a waste of time, its becoming hard to even understand hird's argument anymore, which was p&$$weak to begin with

Martin Hardie , hird also, seem to b saying the federal court r saying asada can contract out of statute (which u cant do) - from what ive seen the federal arent saying that, what theyre saying is the asada act is very broad & allows asada to work with sporting bodies, like the afl, to gather information to stop / prevent doping in sport

Anyways, whole thing seems a waste of time, its becoming hard to even understand hird's argument anymore, which was p&$$weak to begin with

Martin Hardie , hird also, seem to b saying the federal court r saying asada can contract out of statute (which u cant do) - from what ive seen the federal arent saying that, what theyre saying is the asada act is very broad & allows asada to work with sporting bodies, like the afl, to gather information to stop / prevent doping in sport
The AFL and ASADA both have a common duty to protect the health of players/athletes and working together to fulfil that duty is reasonable. It's probably why the judges only took 8 minutes to decide.

The further Tird goes out on a limb to challenge the legality of the investigation, the more he undermines EFC's* assertion that they didn't do anything wrong, when he's clearly hell-bent on preventing ASADA from presenting their case.
Guilty, m'lud.

The AFL and ASADA both have a common duty to protect the health of players/athletes and working together to fulfil that duty is reasonable. It's probably why the judges only took 8 minutes to decide.
They probably spent the first seven minutes trying to control their emotions over the waste of time they had just been subjected to, courtesy of St Jimmy.

They probably spent the first seven minutes trying to control their emotions over the waste of time they had just been subjected to, courtesy of St Jimmy.
So news reports of laughter coming from the judge's chambers after the verdict was true after all.

He won't appeal again. He will take up most of the 21 days he has to decide, in order to try and give off the impression he will appeal because he truly believes in his innocence. Then he will back off saying he doesn't want this to hurt the club or the players anymore as this will drag it out further, and he'll take his wack for everyone involved and the good of the game....
great fairy tale mate... he'll appeal. Because if any players are found guilty and banned, it comes back to him and bites him on the arse... big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back