Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, I'm still confused. When I played, towards the very end of my career, this jumper not hitting the ground was a rule. And it literally meant the jumper, in the rooms, was treated as sacrosanct, and never was chucked on the floor after a game.
Point is, if this is what we're talking about, how would any outsider know if the jumper hit the ground? CCTV pick it up?

The way that it was phrased was about pride in the jumper and the way they played Friday there was no pride, nor was there any hurt, and that comes back to the coach.

For those saying it ain't the coach...it's the players
Have a look at the way the dogs and the dees are going about it...How can pretty much the same list turn around and play the good footy they are playing? They are aggressive and are focussed...

If you believe changing a coach won't improve the side why do teams do it.? When they do it often it is with success

Coaches set the frame of mind for the team..

Reckon if we could snare a coach that could instill a kill kill kill mentality matched with a kick arse game plan I reckon we have the cattle to turn it around...our list is at a good age / good experience level to take us places...just like when a player is given a new lease of life they improve 10-20% overnight

Somehow I think Dimma has lost half our squad ... They no longer believe

What???

Garlett, Hogan, Harry O didn't play at Melb last year and they were pretty much the most damaging players on Friday night. Dyson, Kent, Vandenburg are all young and are improving as are McDonald and co.... Melbourne have turned the list over an incredible amount.....

Bulldogs have got games into their young stars like Bontempelli (top 5 pick), Wallis, Libba, Stringer, Cordy, Wood, Lin, Johanissen, Roughead, Tahlia etc so they were naturally going to improve.

The thing you have missed is that these two sides have gone from crap to competitive. Just like we did. It's another step to top 4....

Having said that, I agree we have the core of a squad that could improve us further (I'd probably replace 6-8 of them tomorrow) and harnessing (finding) that hunting mentality is the key.... whether it's a new coach or players actually taking it upon themselves to have a dip, or new assistants or an increase in footy dept spending or whatever it is, we need to find it.

So the coach has had 5 years to mould the team but no need for panic after losing to 2 teams that have been in disarray over that same 5 year period? And you are a LFC supporter. So you are used to sticking your head in the sand and accepting a rodgering!

Please.... you barrack for Richmond.... We've been getting rodgered for 33 years!

Mate, I'm still confused. When I played, towards the very end of my career, this jumper not hitting the ground was a rule. And it literally meant the jumper, in the rooms, was treated as sacrosanct, and never was chucked on the floor after a game.
Point is, if this is what we're talking about, how would any outsider know if the jumper hit the ground? CCTV pick it up?
I pretty sure they make a point of all putting the jumper on as a group thing. Maybe it is this?

First Hardwick press conference actually.

Said past Richmond sides had let the jumper hit the floor and that he promised that it wouldn't happen in his time at the club.

Talk is cheap.

Thanks rayzor

I agree sacking him now is not the answer to our problems.

I have to say though this week is the first time that i've considered maybe we aren't heading in the right direction under Dimma as hard as that is to say.

I hope he proves us all wrong and we turn it around ASAP.

No one is happy that he won't take us to a Premiership. I hoped he would be the coach. No one takes satisfaction from this.

But it's a results business and we are all hungry to taste some success. Guys like me in my age bracket have never seen a Premiership. Have only seen 4 finals. I have kids and I don't want them to go through an unsuccessful time. I want to see success so bad.

It's obvious to everyone who is really looking that Hardwick can't take us any further.

First Hardwick press conference actually.

Said past Richmond sides had let the jumper hit the floor and that he promised that it wouldn't happen in his time at the club.

Talk is cheap.
DImma - The tradition continues.

Clarkson should be sacked for what he did.... and we should give him a lifeline
I have just watched the footage and i agree with you. The guy was drunk but wasn't violent or anything and hardly touched him. If you and me did that we would be in front a judge facing assault charges. On his interviews during game day he just laughed it off more or less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never said sack anyone (maybe coz I was young and loved the team too much), I even felt sorry for Terry Wallace. (I hate him now though)

But, with Hardwick, I reckon at least give him till the end of the year. If we don't make the second week of finals he is guaranteed gone in my books.

He needs to win one final and put in a competitive performance in the second week of finals too.

Unless we can get Lyon, Roos, Clarkson or Worsefold there is no point sacking Dimma.
IMO we are in a simular position to Geelong in 06.
We still have a relativley young list. We just need our leaders to stand up at important times of the game.
IMO if we dont make finals this year it shouldnt mean we sack Hardwick.
We have come a long way under him and still have a long way to go.

Unless we can get Lyon, Roos, Clarkson or Worsefold there is no point sacking Dimma.
IMO we are in a simular position to Geelong in 06.
We still have a relativley young list. We just need our leaders to stand up at important times of the game.
IMO if we dont make finals this year it shouldnt mean we sack Hardwick.
We have come a long way under him and still have a long way to go.
No finals this year he is gone.

And you know this how?
Plus, harden up, princess!

Your up the waazoos kido, I've clearly gotten to you due to the fact that you've gone back to my original post to pick at again. I was hypothetically speaking by the way. Nathan Krakouer isn't actually on list. So yes, there is no way i could know that but my opinion is based on our mediocre performances which i refuse to accept. How's candy crush going?

Agreed. No point sacking him at end of season and hiring another inexperienced coach. I wouldn't want Roos though, he's only in it at the Dees for the cash

Hardwick summed it up perfectly in the presser on friday. "we have the talent however we just need to harness it" You've had 6 years to do this dimma.

I wouldn't be upset if I didn't think we were a better team with much better output then we have however we meander through games, there is no manic desperation that other teams show.

A good coach could take us to be a top 4 team, dimma has been a great coach to bring us from where we were to a competitive team who is around the bottom reaches of the 8, however we have stagnated for the last 2 years. After 2013 one would resonably expect 2 years later we would be challenging for a top 4 spot however we are far from that at the moment.

We have a solid core, we have a poor bottom 6 or so however that can be fixed. The new coach would get a much further advanced team then dimma was left by wallace 6 years ago.

Unless we somehow turn around and make it to the 2nd/3rd week of september which I highly doubt, he shouldn't be allowed to fulfil his contract for 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back