The Games of 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with mickelboy182

No Man's Sky is one of the posterboys of the next generation. This is great for the studio as it will sell pretty damn well through anticipation alone. The issue is with how the game has been shown, as mentioned earlier. No one actually knows what kind of game this is. Which is great because it has people clammering to know more, but dangerous because everyone is forming opinions of what it could be and what they want it to be.

The game isn't going to be able to live up to everyone's preconceived notions of what they think the game should be. Which is why I'm trying not to want it to be anything other than good at this point.

Because no one actually knows what the game is even supposed to be. This feels like the way Molyneux hyped the first Fable.

Well I think it's going to be a heap of s**t so it'll probably surpass my expectations.

What I meant was that everyone's expectations of what they think the game is quite different, some just want to go explore planets and others are saying that it needs space combat elements. It's the fact that people want different things means that it will inevitably disappoint some people who wanted something else entirely.

What I meant was that everyone's expectations of what they think the game is quite different, some just want to go explore planets and others are saying that it needs space combat elements. It's the fact that people want different things means that it will inevitably disappoint some people who wanted something else entirely.

Indeed. My expectations are that it'll be more about exploration and if that's the case it won't hold my attention. I'm always happy to be surprised but I just highly doubt it.

Because no one actually knows what the game is even supposed to be. This feels like the way Molyneux hyped the first Fable.

Molyneux could never win because he was just an excitable individual.

The same thing happened with Black & White before Fable, except for a different reason - he said all this stuff was able to happen in the game, then when the game came out it wasn't what people were expecting. It wasn't so much he lied, it's just that the things you could do weren't as integral to the gameplay as first imagined.

Black & White was an incredible game if you came into it without the hype by the way.

So it's a damned if you tell them stuff and damned if you leave it shrouded in mystery type of situation. A very fine balance.

The Order, Until Dawn, Uncharted, No Man's Sky, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Project Cars, Mortal Kombat, The Witcher, Arkham Knight, FIFA 16, Just Cause 3 and Tekken 7.

oh feck! my bank account is going to get destroyed. :eek:

not sure if it'll come later this year or next but Silent Hills looks amazing.
The demo was awesome, I think this game will be huge for the horror fans, so pumped for, but long long wait.

its meant to be open world too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not sure if it'll come later this year or next but Silent Hills looks amazing.
The demo was awesome, I think this game will be huge for the horror fans, so pumped for, but long long wait.

its meant to be open world too.

Multiplat?

Got pushed back to the 26th, the Japanese version is available now but there was a delay for the rest of the world.

24th US
26th AU
27th EU

Don' think there is a thread.
Ahhh bummer! JB haven't updated it then.

Didn't think so. Haven't seen a whole lot about the game, I just know it's my next game I'm buying haha.

Ahhh bummer! JB haven't updated it then.

Didn't think so. Haven't seen a whole lot about the game, I just know it's my next game I'm buying haha.
Yeah I knew about the delay but when I went and bought Far Cry 4 yesterday from JB and noticed the box was still the 12th but the website has it down as 26th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back