Food & Drink The Hangar Food Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The sauce was made up of chipotle, tabasco, chilli, Worcestershire, and spring onions.

I also dry rubbed the pork shoulder with some smoked paprika.

Yes, it was both smoky and spicy. Not for everyone but just right for my tastes.
Sounds good.
Next time we lunch I'll bring you in some of the chipotle sauce with chilli my daughters boss makes for you to try

Had lunch at The Pantry in Brarton today.

Just about the best pulled pork burger I've ever had. Served with a delicious side of chargrilled corn, piccolo pumpkin and a delicious chipotle mayo.

Coffee was one of the best I've had in ages.

Also had lunch next to Tim Costello.

Had lunch at The Pantry in Brarton today.

Just about the best pulled pork burger I've ever had. Served with a delicious side of chargrilled corn, piccolo pumpkin and a delicious chipotle mayo.

Coffee was one of the best I've had in ages.

Was there anything else in the roll with the pulled pork?

Also had lunch next to Tim Costello.

Did you tell him his brother's a campaigner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Red cabbage, carrot.. onion? Dressing?
Yes to all of those, and parsley too. The smokey chipotle mayo was in the burger too.

The pork itself was just ridiculously good. Reckon it had been marinated/slow cooked in a sauce with, at least, apples, cinnamon, vinegar...not sure after that but * it was good.

Opportunities like that don't come along very often. Disappoint.
Yeah, but Timmeh goes okay. ;)

Yes to all of those, and parsley too.

Anything I missed? I've taken a recent interest in this shredded pork in a roll thing.

The pork itself was just ridiculously good. Reckon it had been marinated/slow cooked in a sauce with, at least, apples, cinnamon, vinegar...not sure after that but **** it was good.

I wonder if it was apple cider vinegar.. sounds tasty.

I think you got just about all of the ingredients, Beery.

I wonder if it was apple cider vinegar.. sounds tasty.
Yeah, probably.

Anything I missed? I've taken a recent interest in this shredded pork in a roll thing.
When you get a good one it is very, very hard to top. It's much better than pork belly in a roll/burger. I love pork belly but I remain to be convinced that it actually belongs in a roll/burger. I don't think it does.

I'm about to cook up a batch of amatriciana, as an aside.

When you get a good one it is very, very hard to top. It's much better than pork belly in a roll/burger. I love pork belly but I remain to be convinced that it actually belongs in a roll/burger. I don't think it does.

Yeah me either. Not a huge fan of pork belly. Too fatty.

I'm about to cook up a batch of amatriciana, as an aside.
I'm about to BBQ a fillet of pink banded snapper.

Yeah me either. Not a huge fan of pork belly. Too fatty.

The pork in a Vietnamese roast pork roll is often pork belly (depends on where you get it). Now have a decent one of those and tell me you
  1. Don't rate pork belly in a roll
  2. Don't rate pork belly
GO ON, I DARES YA!!!!!!

Had the amatriciana for lunch today.

Very nice but could be better. The recipe called for 125 grams of prosciutto and I ended up adding almost exactly that amount- the 134 grams I bought from the deli.

It kind of got lost a bit though.

Would doubling the amount of prosciutto make it too salty? If so, maybe I could instead ask for about 190-200 grams.

Also needed a tad more chilli, me thinks.

Had the amatriciana for lunch today.

Very nice but could be better. The recipe called for 125 grams of prosciutto and I ended up adding almost exactly that amount- the 134 grams I bought from the deli.

It kind of got lost a bit though.

Would doubling the amount of prosciutto make it too salty? If so, maybe I could instead ask for about 190-200 grams.

Also needed a tad more chilli, me thinks.
Yeah I wouldn't double it straight up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back