Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone a fan of Billy on the Street? I think it's my new favourite show.
I've watched some stuff from it, it's pretty hilarious. The one with Amy Poehler wearing a Pitbull mask is great.

Loving Better Call Saul at the moment. I had my doubts over whether Bob Odenkirk could pull the character off as the lead role but holy s**t is he doing a good job.

I've watched some stuff from it, it's pretty hilarious. The one with Amy Poehler wearing a Pitbull mask is great.

The latest season hasn't been as good actually. Hopefully it's not running out of steam but it seems like exactly the kind of concept that would. Wifey refuses to watch anymore than two episodes at a time because it's "too intense" lol.

Loving Better Call Saul at the moment. I had my doubts over whether Bob Odenkirk could pull the character off as the lead role but holy s**t is he doing a good job.

I'm saving this for a season binge. Have heard good reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How so? I havn't seen it but intended to based on the promo stuff i'd seen.
It just feels like another Lost/Underneath the Dome. They try to suck you in with the "mystery" of it all, having no end game in sight and then just drag it out for as long as people will watch it. I'm of the mind to stop watching now while I don't give a s**t about the characters. Wifey tried to tell me that won't happen because it was a "mini series" and had a definite end game as it was only 6 episodes. I called bullshit and she imdb'd it and found it was 10 episodes. I find it hard to believe they'll stop there.

I'll watch stuff like True Detective that really is a mini series and really does have an end game but I have no desire to get sucked into another never ending quagmire that's all development and questions with no substance or satisfying answers. It also didn't help that M. Night Shyamalan is heavily involved either.

Saw the first episode of sense8, hmm where to begin...

It's good, well worth it. It's a tough first episode because you are trying to introduce 8 new characters and a complicated theme so it ends up being very skittish and shallow but you make allowances for that because of what's to come and because it looks so Damn pretty! Visually it is immaculate, very wachowski...trade mark them.

Its funny with them, it feels like they often put style ahead of substance... It worked with the matrix because the story was so strong, the balance worked, but in other pursuits it sometimes diseht add up to the sum of its parts, always very watchable because of the style but the dissconnect from the story or the scale of its idea is too much. Leave you feeling like you want to like it but something is missing..

Anyhow I'm excited for the rest of this series , ep 1 was a great teaser, I'm in.

Saw the first episode of sense8, hmm where to begin...

It's good, well worth it. It's a tough first episode because you are trying to introduce 8 new characters and a complicated theme so it ends up being very skittish and shallow but you make allowances for that because of what's to come and because it looks so Damn pretty! Visually it is immaculate, very wachowski...trade mark them.

Its funny with them, it feels like they often put style ahead of substance... It worked with the matrix because the story was so strong, the balance worked, but in other pursuits it sometimes diseht add up to the sum of its parts, always very watchable because of the style but the dissconnect from the story or the scale of its idea is too much. Leave you feeling like you want to like it but something is missing..

Anyhow I'm excited for the rest of this series , ep 1 was a great teaser, I'm in.
Is it on fox or do I need to watch it elseway elsewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back