Certified Legendary Thread The 'I've Got an Easton Wood' Appreciation Society.

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to be so much better this year given he won't be forced to play 1v1 on blokes like Jack Darling.

Not not you Dannnnn , but plenty have over the last season or two.
Call me old fashion , but I judge a footballer by what I see and stats mean very little to me.
Fair enough. I should add that I don't just base my opinions on stats; I've never really thought of Easton as a good one-on-one player unless he's taller than his direct opponent. I don't think he competes well with those around or taller than his height, but happy to agree to disagree.

To be fair I think we'll get a better idea this year when he's playing on guys that he's more suited to. He was pretty much our #2 defender for a few weeks at the start of 2014 and played tall for most of it; I'd wager that he isn't quite as bad as the stats suggest. Just personally don't think it's a strength of his.
It was a bloody tough season for our defense. I don't think any one of them had seasons above their average level of output (I would be interested in what the stats say though). I've always thought he is decent one on one, and I would be surprised if he was ranked so lowly in stats if the defense had more support. I don't know if this season will be much better in that regard though. We shall see. You might be right though, it could be a waste of his talents.

It was a bloody tough season for our defense. I don't think any one of them had seasons above their average level of output (I would be interested in what the stats say though). I've always thought he is decent one on one, and I would be surprised if he was ranked so lowly in stats if the defense had more support. I don't know if this season will be much better in that regard though. We shall see. You might be right though, it could be a waste of his talents.
Not sure I'd say a waste as he still performed well last year, I just don't think a one-on-one system plays to his strengths particularly well. Reckon he'll have a blinder when allowed to play both smaller and a bit looser off his man. Would love to see him compete really well one-on-one and prove me wrong though, of course.

Not sure I'd say a waste as he still performed well last year, I just don't think a one-on-one system plays to his strengths particularly well. Reckon he'll have a blinder when allowed to play both smaller and a bit looser off his man. Would love to see him compete really well one-on-one and prove me wrong though, of course.
Cue the yearning for one of Hamling, Talia, Roberts or even Kelly to step up.

Can't believe how many people on the board haven't included him in their best 22 for this year. He stands out on the field like a sore thumb in terms of his athleticism, and he probably one of the best marks for his size in the team.

Returned from my first dogs game in 5 years!...
Perhaps first time ive seen him play since the late 2010 season game against Hawthorn where he was dashing like Griffen
Today I cant not come back to this, He's done it again. Kicked the steadier as well with some serious body momentum shift.
Last week also went underrated and did it all, but cannot be ignored this week.
My highest priority of players to sign for the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really happy he's signed.

He's one player I'm happy to admit I was wrong about. Thought he didn't have the decision making to put together a solid career but he's come a long way these past few seasons and is now a really solid AFL player.

Thought he was really good last year. His B&F ranking unreflective!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back