The least interesting Grand Final ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah. And 2007. Maybe not then. It still feels true that being involved in a tight prelim does your chances no good and no facts you present will make me change my mind :p

To be fair, we had 5 years in a row where the team with the easier prelim went on to win the flag. I know I was using this as a reason to pick Freo last year.

Last time Hawthorn won by less then a kick in a prelim they played Sydney the following week in the GF and lost, so I think they will again this time. Both sides were from SA that Hawthorn beat as well.

Who is going to stop a forward line with Reid, Goodes, Franklin and Tippet? No body, they will be too tall and too strong

Swans easily by 6-7 goals.

I can't remember a time when I have been less excited about the Grand Final. Facing off, we have the team who won it last year
Vs the team who won it the year before. Hardly inspiring stuff.

But the fact that it's Hawthorn who I really can't stand, playing Sydney who I have grown to hate due to salary cap concessions, I just cannot get into this at all.

I hate watching a game where I desperately want both teams to lose. Anyone else enthused about this?

All of this

Last time Hawthorn won by less then a kick in a prelim they played Sydney the following week in the GF and lost, so I think they will again this time. Both sides were from SA that Hawthorn beat as well.

Who is going to stop a forward line with Reid, Goodes, Franklin and Tippet? No body, they will be too tall and too strong

Spangher

Um thinking Hawthorn way back in 2013... Reasonably ok win against Cats in prelim?

Geelong went alright in 2007 after they beat us by 5 points in the PF as well.

I'm excited by this granny. This finals series has been a cracker so far and now we have the ultimate matchup. I'll be cheering for Hawthorn purely because of the buddy factor. I love watching him play but for a club to lose a million dollar player and still win would be awesome. Especially given it's against that player.

I also can't stand Adam Goodes and it'd make me spew if he wins again.

I can't remember a time when I have been less excited about the Grand Final. Facing off, we have the team who won it last year
Vs the team who won it the year before. Hardly inspiring stuff.

But the fact that it's Hawthorn who I really can't stand, playing Sydney who I have grown to hate due to salary cap concessions, I just cannot get into this at all.

I hate watching a game where I desperately want both teams to lose. Anyone else enthused about this?

This encapsulates everything that I'm feeling about this GF.

Buddy vs Roughy can not wait. Hope it is a high scoring shoot out and they both kick a bag.
Can't go for the Swans, due to COLA and all. So go Hawks.

It will be worth watching just for this. I've always rated Roughy a better player than Buddy but this year, well, I just don't know to be honest. I hope the coaches tell them to (or the players themselves) both go to the centre bounce and match up on each other or something equally awesome during the game.

Both players have the ability to win clearances and affect a stoppage and on occasion get in there. It would be something special to see.

The matchups all over the ground are epic really. Who is going to L Parker? If Cyril plays does Jetta go to him or Hill in a game of russian roulette? Will N Smith put the clamp on Bruest? How do you stop Burgoyne? Should be a cracker of a game, but on track with OP I'm not invested in either team to win. I just want to see some great footy played by the two best teams.

They won by less than a kick in last year's prelim vs Geelong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came here to post this exact thing. Has anyone ever won a GF after a really hard-won, nailbiting prelim? Tipping Swans by 17 but with a clear gap between the two teams all day

Hawthorn did last year, Geelong did in 2007

Least interesting? Uninspiring?

It's the two best teams of 2014.
It's the Buddy Franklin factor.
Both teams are playing off in their 4th GF in the last decade and both are tied on two premierships gunning for number 3.

It's certainly the GF match up I was hoping for.

Least interesting? Uninspiring?

It's the two best teams of 2014.
It's the Buddy Franklin factor.
Both teams are playing off in their 4th GF in the last decade and both are tied on two premierships gunning for number 3.

It's certainly the GF match up I was hoping for.

I'm sick of seeing the same team in the grandfinal all the time

Obviously these two teams are doing something right with player development/recruitment and trading. Hence why they are playing off in their 4th GF respectively in the last 10 years.

Get used to it.
The AFL are using our money, via the spending tax, to ensure pauper clubs such as Norf have the dollars to compete every year.
But we continue pay our memberships, buy our merch (AFL merch splits the profits between all clubs so our Contribution is only 1/18th sent to CFC), turn up on game day and boost ch7/Foxtel ratings.
Will be a Herculean effort for us to even make a GF, yet alone win one, in the next two decades.
Simply, the AFL are conspiring against the cash cows to equalise the competition giving their own funded clubs a chance to flag.

Get used to it.
The AFL are using our money, via the spending tax, to ensure pauper clubs such as Norf have the dollars to compete every year.
But we continue pay our memberships, buy our merch (AFL merch splits the profits between all clubs so our Contribution is only 1/18th sent to CFC), turn up on game day and boost ch7/Foxtel ratings.
Will be a Herculean effort for us to even make a GF, yet alone win one, in the next two decades.
Simply, the AFL are conspiring against the cash cows to equalise the competition giving their own funded clubs a chance to flag.

The AFL try to equalise the club yet Sydney get COLA and Melbourne can't get a priority pick.

Obviously these two teams are doing something right with player development/recruitment and trading. Hence why they are playing off in their 4th GF respectively in the last 10 years.

Yeah, Sydney got COLA

The AFL try to equalise the club yet Sydney get COLA and Melbourne can't get a priority pick.
Don't be surprised if the Dees get a PP.
But the fact they were done for tanking not that long ago will count against them.
COLA is on the way out. Swans still in the Premiership window for three or four years though.

You get what you get and you don't get upset.

The Pies are hardly hard done by on any front.....unfortunately we are not performing on the field and being hampered by injuries isn't helping.

We need to just put the pieces together and it'll start coming together. Has been some big changes these last few years, was never going to click straight away.

Through thick & thin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back