Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will just be a matter of tine before the AFL take over the SANFL in some way shape or form. The pigs at the trough know this, they are all just jockeying for position. The bitterness that prevails from the haters, is a meniscal aspect. Time marches on, the old guard fights in anyway it can to keep the status quo or pines for the ''good old days''.

No, true bitterness is a bottomless pit, these ****ing nobodies just have a deep bank account and their pretend bitterness is ironically, pathetically, corruptingly still funded by the very things they claim to hate. It's their share of the SMA that makes sure the day of reckoning is delayed for a very long time.

There is a place for State league footy, everywhere else has figured it out, but here in SA, because of a few ****ing lawyers and a few footy admins with legal background who in 1990 recognized the VFL's underlying pain point in negotiations, because of this, unlike anywhere else, our State league footy is still able to refuse to know its place at the expense of the game in general. Someone quoted figures the other day that we had more ****ing pet members than West Adelaide had total members. Is there any reason at all the SANFL are on the SMA apart from legal encumbrances dating back to 1990? I didn't think so.

#celebrateyourstupidity #grassrootedfooty #nosanflintheafl

No, true bitterness is a bottomless pit, these ****ing nobodies just have a deep bank account and their pretend bitterness is ironically, pathetically, corruptingly still funded by the very things they claim to hate. It's their share of the SMA that makes sure the day of reckoning is delayed for a very long time.

There is a place for State league footy, everywhere else has figured it out, but here in SA, because of a few ****ing lawyers and a few footy admins with legal background who in 1990 recognized the VFL's underlying pain point in negotiations, because of this, unlike anywhere else, our State league footy is still able to refuse to know its place at the expense of the game in general. Someone quoted figures the other day that we had more ****ing pet members than West Adelaide had total members. Is there any reason at all the SANFL are on the SMA apart from legal encumbrances dating back to 1990? I didn't think so.

#celebrateyourstupidity #grassrootedfooty #nosanflintheafl

No reason at all, hence why I said the ones that know its just a matter of time are like pigs at a trough. The whole argument of the AFL teams ruining the SANFL is such a load of crap its almost sad to see the haters cling on with white knuckle. They have a big chunk of the AFL revenue locked away. You can just about bet that a lot of these blokes are double dipping in some shape or form. Even with this revenue, the league will not be sustainable over the longer term. As the younger generation come thru most of them wouldn't bother. I would hazard a guess that's a big part of the reason they allowed the reserves side to play in the SANFL. I know there are a few that still go to the SANFL but I would like to know what the age demographic is for the majority, I have a feeling its of the older generation.

State league footy is basically a feeder system, we know that. Until the AFL has a reserves comp, it serves a purpose to us. The fans that dribble s**t are mostly deluded, its these other muppets working in the industry holding onto the hate which is more pathetic. A club with such a proud history like Norwood acting like a bunch of bogan pinheads says it all really. They can slag us as much as they like but its us who are playing in the big league! Deep down they are a jealous as buggery, let them drown in there envy I say ;)

The total attendance is 10335. When I was a kid one of my hobbies was collecting weekly footy stats, which included attendances. Some weeks you would have 3 or 4 games which had an attendance of more than 10335 themselves.

In 1990 when we made our first attempt to join the AFL one of our most compelling arguments, and the one that did it for me, was that we did not want to see our Club playing in some feeder league before 1500 people at Alberton. In the WAFL their crowds had dropped to that level after the WCE joined the AFL. To most of us the prospect of having the most successful senior football club in the land playing in front of 1500 people was unacceptable and how right we were.

To all those disgruntled SANFL supporters out there we need simply say, 'we were right and you missed the boat'.

PS Mick, I looked through a couple of old PAFC Annual reports and in 1982 we had six minor round games with attendances of 17,500 or more. In the last minor round game of 1981 we had 35,213 to watch us play Norwood at Football Park. That is a crowd that many AFL clubs would kill for. Earlier that year we had 26,107 watch us play Sturt at the same venue. Going from those attendances to crowds of 1500 definitely made a move to the AFL a 'no brainer' for me.

Last edited:

the sanfl have only themselves to blame. they should have learned from the west coast model that forming a psuedo state side was a sure fire way to destroy the comp and clubs they were solely responsible for. allowing port to enter would have had minimal impact on the sanfl clubs and the comp. do they really think norwood and sturt fans would have walked away on mass like they did to watch port adelaide play, of course they wouldnt. the sanfl got their noses out of joint, formed their cash cow composite adelaide football club, at the expense of the clubs and competition they were solely responsible for.
had the sanfl been smart enough to realise port first, norwood second, football in this state would have been much better for it, sanfl crowds wouldnt have dropped away so much, and lets be honest a port v norwood (reserves) sanfl match followed by a port v norwood afl match would be awesome, its the great australian football rivalry the afl has missed out on.

those misguided idiot fools who blame port for everything should target their hate at the very orginisation that did everything they could to make sure their sanfl club became insignificant and irrelevant, thats the sanfl themselves, basheer, whicker and co. they are the true killers of the sanfl comp.

the sanfl have only themselves to blame. they should have learned from the west coast model that forming a psuedo state side was a sure fire way to destroy the comp and clubs they were solely responsible for. allowing port to enter would have had minimal impact on the sanfl clubs and the comp. do they really think norwood and sturt fans would have walked away on mass like they did to watch port adelaide play, of course they wouldnt. the sanfl got their noses out of joint, formed their cash cow composite adelaide football club, at the expense of the clubs and competition they were solely responsible for.
had the sanfl been smart enough to realise port first, norwood second, football in this state would have been much better for it, sanfl crowds wouldnt have dropped away so much, and lets be honest a port v norwood (reserves) sanfl match followed by a port v norwood afl match would be awesome, its the great australian football rivalry the afl has missed out on.

those misguided idiot fools who blame port for everything should target their hate at the very orginisation that did everything they could to make sure their sanfl club became insignificant and irrelevant, thats the sanfl themselves, basheer, whicker and co. they are the true killers of the sanfl comp.
Narrrr heeps easier to just blame port, we are Sa footballs ozone layer.

KG singing the Collingwood theme song this morning... PMSL!

Adelaide rejoicing at making the 8 because other clubs have choked over the last 4 or 5 weeks. Wonderful.
I still hope they friggin limp into the 8 after 2 floggings from West Coast and Geelong.

Not forgetting Ken Cunningham, who whipped up the hatred. I will never forgive KG for that time he was commenting on Port's game v West just after this broke and he came down through the crowd after we had smashed them. That was the most irresponsible thing I have ever seen from a commentator. He was inciting the crowd by doing that and it was just luck that the throng had more sense than he did and let him through.

Yes and no. There is no doubt the Crows killed the interest in the league, but it did give the SANFL power and their hands on the purse strings, which was, is and always will be more important to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is quite interesting to read about Kane's early life. Who wasn't shagging whose missus at the Bay in the late 80's?

I didn't realise that Kane had Tony McGuiness as a 'pseudo step father' at one time. Full credit to Kane for turning out the way he has with the sort of dysfunctional family set up he had to endure.

Kane also comments about having to adjust Nicole Cornes only being a couple of years older than he was- very interesting.

I didn't realise that Kane had Tony McGuiness as a 'pseudo step father' at one time.

I think a lot of kids have had Tony McGuiness as a 'pseudo step father' over the years.

Somewhat agree. Except the SANFL competition was always going to head towards the low crowds regardless. Bringing in Port would have lost Port people and Norwood the Norwood people. The crowds for the other clubs would have stayed higher then they did in the short term, but like now kids wouldn't have chosen an SANFL club, they'd have chosen Port or Norwood as their side.

There'd still be as many hating Port as before, except instead of it now being mostly uneducated Crowies plus the few SNAFL remnants left it'd be more SNAFL remnants, as Beryl and Marge would hate us whilst watching Sturt or Glenelg and have one foot in the grave, instead of knitting at Crows home games and baking Apricot slices. Most of Generation Y and 99% of Generation Z no matter which clubs had entered the AFL wouldn't have given a stuff about the SANFL no matter who entered and who was left.

Last edited:
Apparently there is a three page article on "hating Port" today in the crapvertiser.

I've only seen the front page at the counter, couldn't afford it as my budget only alowes for value for money purchases.
Hated the Crows too apparently;

Capture.JPG

You're not the only one that thinks it's weird Kane;

Capture1.JPG

Not forgetting Ken Cunningham, who whipped up the hatred. I will never forgive KG for that time he was commenting on Port's game v West just after this broke and he came down through the crowd after we had smashed them. That was the most irresponsible thing I have ever seen from a commentator. He was inciting the crowd by doing that and it was just luck that the throng had more sense than he did and let him through.

He knew what he was doing. Massive ratings for his afternoon sports show.

Is he hating Port in it? Perhaps it's the Chad stuff and nearly getting rid of Kane stuff but surely that isn't the only stuff they focus on. then again it is the Crowsvertiser.

Nothing held back then. Written as he played his footy.

It sounds like the Mike Sheehan interview with the three of them will rake over those coals. Fair enough I suppose, as long as it doesn't overshadow Chad and Kane's wonderful contribution to PAFC and shows the rest of Australia what a bitter and twisted old fart their dad is.

He knew what he was doing. Massive ratings for his afternoon sports show.
The Hillsborough disaster had only just occurred 2 years ago. Not saying the same would have happened but it would just have taken one drunk to swing a punch at KG and plenty of people, including kids, could have been injured. KG took no responsibility at all on his show and instead acted like the self-righteous prick he is and blamed everyone but himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back