Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
or russell ebert, john cahill, trevor obst.... shut that disrespectful campaigner up.

Ahhhhh
bubbles #3
potter #21
Fritz #18

age gives you certain concessions
indulgent nostalgia one of them

but if I'm not there who's gunna carry the mail
I'll carry the mail
thru the woods and the forrest?
thru the woods and the forrest
but what about the lions?
**** the lions
what about the lions mother
**** the lion's mother

well your a lion mother****er

Chad knows where the money is at. If he is looking at a cushy SA media career then he knows who he needs to get on side.
I doubt that is the reason. Given the enormous hate of Cow supporters towards him he has no hope of a media gig in this state. Peddling his father's flat earth beliefs are not going to be enough to overcome the hate.

Having said that though if I was a radio station exec looking for an ex-footballer to host a sports show Stupid would probably tick all the boxes of what I'd definitely not want.

Let's face it, son of Glenelg, crows, and SANFL royalty......he was always going to revert to default setting at some stage. In the end he was just a guy in a long list of many who played football for this club. His opinion is his opinion. And in the grand scheme of things Port Adelaide he's just another guy, a guy who came from Glenelg. And that's where his heart will always be. May he and Matthew Bode spend many happy Saturdays together cheering on their beloved Bays from the Glenelg oval hill.

Chad's going thru an anxiety attack as he deals with relevance deprivation
back here in SA he resembles a drowning man clutching at razor blades
he sees the now as his time before his little brother assumes the mantle he craves

Chadster is probably a little annoyed that he's been knocked back a few times for a coaching role with the club.

Chadster is probably a little annoyed that he's been knocked back a few times for a coaching role with the club.
The comments he made will more than likely put a line through him at Port for a long time to come.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Crows, not many other clubs will look at him for a football role because he's too much like his old man.

I think this possibly happened. Chad being Chad, he thought throwing his name out there publicly would see the club come to him with a job offer. But things have changed since he left. Individuals with larger than life personalities no longer run the place. He's been spurned I reckon.

I was never happy with the idea of such a previously disruptive personality coming back in a mentoring/coaching capacity. His recent comments simply confirm my angst.

I think this possibly happened. Chad being Chad, he thought throwing his name out there publicly would see the club come to him with a job offer. But things have changed since he left. Individuals with larger than life personalities no longer run the place. He's been spurned I reckon.

I was never happy with the idea of such a previously disruptive personality coming back in a mentoring/coaching capacity. His recent comments simply confirm my angst.

I know he approached the club last year and was told that there wasn't the budget for it.
(I got the impression from my source that this wasn't the real reason.)

My hunch is that he's made another pitch this year and been told something different.

As an aside, don't the players' lockers have the names of past players on them who wore the same number?
What did Chad think that was about if it wasn't the same club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Free agency is bad for the game' - G Cornes

He doesn't have an issue with taking Eddie Betts though & was one of the loudest media people begging the club to poach Bryce Gibbs.

He wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't worried about the prospect of losing their 3 best players next year.

Last edited:
I just listened to Chad's interview with Mark Soderstrom and his acceptance speech from the SA Hall of Fame induction and other than saying that he grew up hating Port as a Glenelg supporter I didn't hear him say that the PAFC in the AFL is a different club to the PAFC in the SANFL pre 1997. Have I missed something?
The grab I heard on AA sounded like he made that comment when he talked with stupid & Bone.

He said 'the club won't like me saying it but I see them as different clubs' when asked if he sees them as the same entity, it was a pretty loaded question the whole thing sounded set up to grab headlines.

I hope Kornes doesn't have the same level of bitterness as Chad & his father do, Grumpy is still regularly whinging about things that happened over 20-30 years ago.

The grab I heard on AA sounded like he made that comment when he talked with stupid & Bone.

He said 'the club won't like me saying it but I see them as different clubs' when asked if he sees them as the same entity, it was a pretty loaded question the whole thing sounded set up to grab headlines.

I hope Kornes doesn't have the same level of bitterness as Chad & his father do, Grumpy is still regularly whinging about things that happened over 20-30 years ago.

He actually said, "the club won't like me saying it but I see them as different teams"

Small, semantical distinction but makes a difference to his meaning.

He said 'the club won't like me saying it but I see them as different clubs' when asked if he sees them as the same entity, it was a pretty loaded question the whole thing sounded set up to grab headlines. .......
Saying "I see them as different clubs" is a lot different to saying "they are different clubs". Sounds as if Chad sees the PAFC as two clubs in order to reconcile the fact that he is playing for a club he hated while knowing that factually there is only one club. As you say, Stupid and McDimwitt are trying to make it sound as if he said something different to be controversial and appeal to their Cow supporting listeners.

He actually said, "the club won't like me saying it but I see them as different teams"

Small, semantical distinction but makes a difference to his meaning.
Why would the club not like him saying that the PAFC Magpies that plays in the SNAFL and the PAFC Power that plays in the AFL are different teams? That is factually correct.

'Free agency is bad for the game' - G Cornes

He doesn't have an issue with taking Eddie Betts though & was one of the loudest media people begging the club to poach Bryce Gibbs.

He wouldn't be saying that if he wasn't worried about the prospect of losing their 3 best players next year.
He wanted all power to the players for a long time, even calling rookie listing slavery. Inconsistent codger.

Yeah I only heard it the first time this morning but you could tell the way he said it he knew how it would be received, it's disappointing that he gave the station exactly what they wanted but it wasn't surprising it's the same thing his old man would've done.

Janus mentioned a few pages back about a few of AA's selected soundbites eg. 'the Crows are gonna win' whilst the ones we get are attacks from flogs like Penbo/cRowe & now Chad's comment, it's kinda sad the lengths they go to make them feel better about themselves.

Their clear objective is to satisfy their supporter base & sweep any indiscretion under the rug whilst for the other mob poke the bull, rev up their supporters & blow any minor instance out of proportion. It's a shame that MMM sold it's soul to go down the same route.

Last edited:
Chad cornes ...wrinkles and balding are hereditary ....but I didnt know turncoating and self indulged arrogance me me me look at me I made a controversial comment about portz to further MY career" ....were as well

....just when thought wrinkles would be gone soon and then this s**t happens

Kind of like dr evil and seth green's relationship out of austin powers....soon chad will have that god awful hair and wrinkles Scott_4.jpg

Not exactly about football but the quality(or lack thereof) of the media in this state. Cowvertiser TV pages. ABC1, 3.30 "Midsomer Murders". "A detective investigates murders". Well, duuh.

I'm just surprised it doesn't say "A detective investigates murders from late December to early February."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back