Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corporation probably won't put Talia up for an interview on 5aark for a while - even if they lose this week.
It'd be a case of showing some balls, if Jenny Talia were to speak publicly about this week's events any time soon......

Sent a letter to the cowvertiser re Talia's weak as water fine. In the main I dwelt on the fact that the 7 demerit points would apply to Joe Blow, even if he had a job where a licence was a necessity. The QC involved was the one who got Paul Nemer off so it seems he has little shame.

Question - how does a moment of inattention suddenly cause you to speed up to 36 kph over the limit? Answer - it does not, had his attention been distracted by something in the back seat it would have caused his foot to come OFF the accelerator and his speed would actually have decreased.
Surely any judge or prosecutor would realise that?

Seems that even after the Tippett affair the cows cannot stop using brown paper bags.

You lot see this ? lol

10628036_10201610078652317_3934611160308685978_n.jpg

Question - how does a moment of inattention suddenly cause you to speed up to 36 kph over the limit? Answer - it does not, had his attention been distracted by something in the back seat it would have caused his foot to come OFF the accelerator and his speed would actually have decreased.
Surely any judge or prosecutor would realise that?

Seems that even after the Tippett affair the cows cannot stop using brown paper bags.

It was in a roadworks section of the Southern Expressway so presumably he missed seeing the 60 sign and assumed he was still in a 100 zone. I actually have some sympathy as they seemed to change the speed limit every few hundred metres at that time.

It was in a roadworks section of the Southern Expressway so presumably he missed seeing the 60 sign and assumed he was still in a 100 zone. I actually have some sympathy as they seemed to change the speed limit every few hundred metres at that time.
Plus his cat was vomiting in the back seat so naturally and instinctively you have to speed cause that will make it all, all right. Aaaahhh.

Plus his cat was vomiting in the back seat so naturally and instinctively you have to speed cause that will make it all, all right. Aaaahhh.

You're assuming he knew he was speeding. It's remarkably easy to miss a speed sign when you're driving on a road that has speed limits changing as frequently as the expressway did during the works. Not saying he should've got off but it's more likely he was speeding unintentionally than if for eg he was doing 96 on a road that is a permanent 60 zone.

You're assuming he knew he was speeding. It's remarkably easy to miss a speed sign when you're driving on a road that has speed limits changing as frequently as the expressway did during the works. Not saying he should've got off but it's more likely he was speeding unintentionally than if for eg he was doing 96 on a road that is a permanent 60 zone.
What has intent got to go with it? What has a vomiting cat got to do with it?
How do you honestly think you or I would go with getting our demerit points reduced if that was the extent of our defence?

What has intent got to go with it? What has a vomiting cat got to do with it?
How do you honestly think you or I would go with getting our demerit points reduced if that was the extent of our defence?
I'm not sure how anyone can defend speeding. Accident or not (which can't be proven), it's speeding. It's breaking the law.

Simples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of his defence was that he was returning from a coaching clinic at Middleton. Now, I haven't been to a coaching clinic for a couple of decades, but I don't recall any football role model bringing his cat along? Or his dog? Orhis partner?
Was it "Bring your pets to work day"?

That's fair enough, but that's not what he told the court.

Leigh Montagna: "Ross Lyon is the Bart Cummings of the AFL" not quite sure I get that comparison when Bart has won his fair share of silverware.

Yesterday's who would you rather be segment was between Ken & Ross with Robbo picking Lyon. I'm guessing he was thinking now over long term but this is a make or break for Lyon, if he doesn't get it soon he won't be winning a premiership (with Freo) before Ken does with the young gun list at his disposal.

Fyfe is a one man team but he can't replace Pav/Sandi/Mcpharlin/Mundy/Crowley/Johnson who'll retire in the next 2-3 years.

Last edited:
It was claimed taking away Talia's licence would cause "undue hardship". How would that be, all it would be would be a slight inconvenience. He'd have to catch taxis, get a lift with a teammate or catch the bus. Maybe the fact that he would have to get out of bed an hour earlier is "undue hardship" for a cows player.

View attachment 76158

Surely Jenny's partner could have checked on the cat while he was driving at 96km/h. The fact that there was someone else in the car makes his pathetic excuse sound even more pathetic.

So what was the dog teaching? Being a terrier at the ball? Was the kitten demonstrating cat-like reflexes? Not sure about pets running coaching clinics.

It was claimed taking away Talia's licence would cause "undue hardship". How would that be, all it would be would be a slight inconvenience. He'd have to catch taxis, get a lift with a teammate or catch the bus. Maybe the fact that he would have to get out of bed an hour earlier is "undue hardship" for a cows player.
The *? Going 36 km/h over the speed limit and causing an accident would be causing undue hardship.

He can afford a silk at $1000/hour but couldn't afford the taxi fare to training.

**** Talia.

Good luck to the campaigner. He beat the man. Who the **** hasn't tried to get out of a fine? He used the facilities at his disposal and won.

meh.

Get over it you sooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back