The Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Just realised our midfield is going to be pretty much the same one we used against GWS this year, except add Taylor Adams and Dane Swan(2014 kind, not the AA 2009-2013 kind).

Weak back, mid and fwd line.
Depressing times, all on the back of losing one footballer.

How about we enforce a contract for once make Beams stay. Then next year when he is not a free agent if he still wants to leave see what we can get for him.

Yes our already shallow midfield just lost it's second best member. We're in a bit of short-term trouble unless we land Dangerfield or O'Meara as part of the trade (both unlikely). We weren't going to challenge next year anyway so it might be best to target a young gun and high pick and just continue our build towards 2016/17.

I think you have enough talent there, but it would need to be a fairytale for all the pieces to fit and work together.

C: Sidebottom Pendlebury Seedsman
FOLL: Witts Adams Thomas

with Grundy, Swan, Williams, Kennedy and Broomhead rotating through is, on paper at least, potentially something to work with. There is no doubt though, with the demise of Swan and loss of D.Thomas, Ball and Beams over the last few seasons, what was once your strength is now a weak point.

Let's settle down and see what actually happens. Until it is signed and sealed, I will continue to hope that Beams will stay. There is still a lot of work to do even if he does. We are only supporters, and it is only a game, but gee we invest a lot of ourselves in it.

Let's settle down and see what actually happens. Until it is signed and sealed, I will continue to hope that Beams will stay. There is still a lot of work to do even if he does. We are only supporters, and it is only a game, but gee we invest a lot of ourselves in it.

If we can somehow manage to keep Beams we'll have an average midfield. That's staggerring given where we were in 2012. Even more staggerring given there are no issues at Collinwgood and everyone is happy and on the one page. By the time the penny drops the team won't be able to.

I think you have enough talent there, but it would need to be a fairytale for all the pieces to fit and work together.

C: Sidebottom Pendlebury Seedsman
FOLL: Witts Adams Thomas

with Grundy, Swan, Williams, Kennedy and Broomhead rotating through is, on paper at least, potentially something to work with. There is no doubt though, with the demise of Swan and loss of D.Thomas, Ball and Beams over the last few seasons, what was once your strength is now a weak point.

I think it is a Young Midfield but does have some Potential in the Coming Seasons. Bit of a Re-Build Now

Big ask for a lot of moaning minnies on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see some good opportunities for our coaching team to show some balls

Why is it our players need 5 years development before they can be sent into the midfield
I think of Wines, Omeara, Langford, etc
If we recruit a player to be a midfielder then play him there.

I dont get the whole idea of spending 5 or 6 years developing a player for a hopeful 5 year return. Players have a short lifespan

Get the youngsters into position and suck on a bex.

Well how does our midfield look when we get Dangerfield for Beams, what about if Moore slips to 28 and we take Pickett at 8. What will our midfield look like if we get a gun mid through free agency next year such as Libba

Freeman Pendlebury Dangerfield
Liberatore Pickett Sidebottom
Adams Broomhead Kennedy
Swan

Yeah I guess we are fudged

What strengths does Langdon have for the midfield?
He is better as a general of the future down back especially with Scharenberg another 10-12 months off.
Marley Williams would be good maybe, we have lost one of our hardest players and have a quite soft midfield now apart from Adams.
Need someone to lead by example and have some strong leader attributes, not going to happen but Dangerfield is hard and potential leader to support Pendles.
It is our hardness I think has declined the most with recent departures and I can't see too much coming through, although Broomy is no nonsense and pretty hard at it.

Well how does our midfield look when we get Dangerfield for Beams, what about if Moore slips to 28 and we take Pickett at 8. What will our midfield look like if we get a gun mid through free agency next year such as Libba

Freeman Pendlebury Dangerfield
Liberatore Pickett Sidebottom
Adams Broomhead Kennedy
Swan

Yeah I guess we are fudged
Why does everyone keep bringing up Libba, his dad was a club champion and he will be future captain can't see it happening.

on the assumption we lose beams and gain Dangerfield. can you imagine pendles dishing out to either side of the body to a dashing Dangerfield and Freeman. we will break games wide open

Next year:
Quality mids: Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Swan
Solid: Adams

Guys who may play their role: Thomas, Martin, Blair, Dwyer

Youngsters with potential high ceilings:
Freeman, Sharenberg, Fasolo, Karnesis, Langdon, Williams

I've probably missed a few, but it's pretty clear that our midfield will lack depth next year - not enough guys who you can be confident to be solid AFL midfielders - even if we recruit Dangerfield, which is unlikely. We really need Fasolo, Williams and Karnesis to make massive leaps in their development. I'm pretty confident that at some stage Fasolo will develop into a quality midfielder at some stage in his career- hopefully it's next year, but unlikely.

Looking at it, I'm surprised that Bucks talked Ball into retiring.

Next year:
Quality mids: Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Swan
Solid: Adams

Guys who may play their role: Thomas, Martin, Blair, Dwyer

Youngsters with potential high ceilings:
Freeman, Sharenberg, Fasolo, Karnesis, Langdon, Williams

I've probably missed a few, but it's pretty clear that our midfield will lack depth next year - not enough guys who you can be confident to be solid AFL midfielders - even if we recruit Dangerfield, which is unlikely. We really need Fasolo, Williams and Karnesis to make massive leaps in their development. I'm pretty confident that at some stage Fasolo will develop into a quality midfielder at some stage in his career- hopefully it's next year, but unlikely.

Looking at it, I'm surprised that Bucks talked Ball into retiring.
like your list although sadly will need to draw a line through sharenberg. really like the idea of Williams as our " tagger " as I believe that he has the discipline and then we can use Sinclair as the small defender. and I really believe that Karnezis can have a BIG year.

Just realised our midfield is going to be pretty much the same one we used against GWS this year, except add Taylor Adams and Dane Swan(2014 kind, not the AA 2009-2013 kind).

Weak back, mid and fwd line.
Depressing times, all on the back of losing one footballer.
Cloke / Clarke / Elliott / resting Swan or Sidebottom all in the Fwd line is weak ? Backline with Premiership players back in Reid / Brown and Toovey with seedsman / Langdon and Frost going through. and midfield with Pendles / swan or Sidebottom / adams and Beams or dangerlfield. I say bring on 2015

Cloke / Clarke / Elliott / resting Swan or Sidebottom all in the Fwd line is weak ? Backline with Premiership players back in Reid / Brown and Toovey with seedsman / Langdon and Frost going through. and midfield with Pendles / swan or Sidebottom / adams and Beams or dangerlfield. I say bring on 2015
It was like 2 in the morning and i was depressed about the Beams news.

Baring injury, and if we can sign Clark, i think our Backline could be our strength in 2015.

Im just worried about the midfield.

It was like 2 in the morning and i was depressed about the Beams news.

Baring injury, and if we can sign Clark, i think our Backline could be our strength in 2015.

Im just worried about the midfield.
I think our forward line will be our strength next year

HF: Broomhead, Cloke, Kennedy
FF: Elliott, Reid/Clark, Witts/Grundy

IC: Goldsack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back