• Brett Kirk

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 30 7.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I recall from Bassett's stints on calling 5AA Crows games was his blunt assessment of players or situations. He rarely pumped up tyres. I remember Rowey and Wildy were fapping over I think Brad Crouch's game and Bassett said that he did well but his opponent had played just as effectively and had a big impact (may have been a home game v WC??). Anyway Rowe said yeah but Crouchy will be a jet etc and Bass said yes "he has the tools to be quite good." Some take this as arrogance or being too blunt. I reckon we need someone who reminds our team and supporters how good we actually need to be not how good we think we are or talk about.

Something about fritz and finger buns, and movies that made you cry. Just the usual stuff.
A good session of people reminiscing about their favourite SA snack foods.
I meant to get a kitchener bun last time I was in Adelaide. So disappointing when I crossed the border and remembered. I did have a nice berlina though.

What I recall from Bassett's stints on calling 5AA Crows games was his blunt assessment of players or situations. He rarely pumped up tyres. I remember Rowey and Wildy were fapping over I think Brad Crouch's game and Bassett said that he did well but his opponent had played just as effectively and had a big impact (may have been a home game v WC??). Anyway Rowe said yeah but Crouchy will be a jet etc and Bass said yes "he has the tools to be quite good." Some take this as arrogance or being too blunt. I reckon we need someone who reminds our team and supporters how good we actually need to be not how good we think we are or talk about.
Didn't he say we would trade Dangerfield or is that my imagination?

Sent from my XT905 using Tapatalk

According to Rowe who I do trust in this Norwood situation, we were into Bass before the SANFL GF, surely he must be on the very very short list.

His appointment surely would be the best risk adverse decision, compared to all other candidates.

If he failed, I don't see the supporters lining up Fagan or Roo compared to all other candidates.

What about Bassett head coach Ratten Senior Assistant and O'Keefe a new assistant?
Sounds about right to me....

I'd take that. Do want a new forward and midfield coach though, so if ROK goes to the forward line or the midfield, I'd like another addition to that line up. Didn't somebody mention Adam Kinglsey was seen at Adelaide Airport getting picked up by somebody in a Prado? Would definitely be keen on him taking over Campo's job.

Would be nice to get Tredrea or Carey to do some part time mentoring work with the tall forwards too.

Sooooo no chance of anything tomorrow....? Been away and only skimming posts it seems like this is turning into a cluster****. If Bassett is the best man for the job left in the running then why wait until trade week starts with our heads up our &@$es. Still no line coaches moved on, still no other appointments made. Surely the Suns announcement and hirdy looking wobbly at the Dons and rumblings at the kennel mean we need to get our pieces in place before they move somewhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet he was a twit.. no disrespect here, speaking openly in a non judgmental manner. He was telling 18 year old kids, don't do drugs, don't drink, be nice to your mummy and no sex before marriage.

They loved him for it. :drunk:
Geez, I wished I had listed to his excellent advice. Doesn't he know that most 18 y.o. guys only learn by making dumb mistakes.

I would go:
1. Tudor
2. Blakey
3. Bassett
4. Caracella
5. Sumich.

Dont get why dew is highly rated compared to the guys mentioned above.
And Bolton reminds me of Neeld.

You worry me with Tudor. It's the kind of decision the Club could make and be proud of as it blindsided the AFL media and supporters once again.

What about Bassett head coach Ratten Senior Assistant and O'Keefe a new assistant?
Sounds about right to me....

Why would Ratten up and move his family to Adelaide for a gig as an Assistant coach to an Unproven Head Coach if he still covets a Head Coaching gig.....makes no sense when surely working as an assistant to a proven elite Premiership winning coach going forward would surely enhance his prospects far more. Can't see where $$$$'s alone would influence him to move from a "like" position at the Hawks to the Crows.

Head coach is an altogether different barrel of fish! :)

Last edited:
Just thinking about this whole coaching thing, It seems to me that when we sacked Sando we had a big fish lined up that we thought was in the bag - but it swam away instead.
Maybe the big fish swam away after the clownfish opened his mouth.:p

Sooooo no chance of anything tomorrow....? Been away and only skimming posts it seems like this is turning into a cluster****. If Bassett is the best man for the job left in the running then why wait until trade week starts with our heads up our &@$es. Still no line coaches moved on, still no other appointments made. Surely the Suns announcement and hirdy looking wobbly at the Dons and rumblings at the kennel mean we need to get our pieces in place before they move somewhere else.

As someone rang and told Rucci on 5AA tonight - just because you aren't getting leaks it doesn't mean no one is steering the ship.

We might have the whole thing signed and sealed but are waiting to announce. We might still be finalising deals. We might have nothing.

Just wait.

I've mentioned it before.....I hate waiting....the longer we wait the more chances of getting a decent 2015 coaching panel diminish. I hope there is a clear picture of what needs to happen for next week...delistings, trades, big fish to land etc....
BTW croweater78 where art thou??

As someone rang and told Rucci on 5AA tonight - just because you aren't getting leaks it doesn't mean no one is steering the ship.

We might have the whole thing signed and sealed but are waiting to announce. We might still be finalising deals. We might have nothing.

Just wait.
Hawks are still in Tassie aren't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back