Roast The Melbourne Board NAPALM thread (hosted by Topkent)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
This is going to be a place where I blowtorch some of the often untouched members of our list

Grimes and Watts will remain untouched for now as they have both copped their fair share from me so to start it off welcome to the stage

DOM TYSON-

Let me preface by saying I get that he is 21 and had an interrupted pre season yada yada

However he is in the top 20 of the AFL for clangers and is Number 1 at Melbourne averaging over 3 per game
His decision making is pretty good under pressure however he also gets pinged holding the ball an extreme amount
Also defensively is really poor at stoppages at the moment

But my biggest gripe is the inconsistency with his kicking, looks to have a beautiful action but Id say 1 in every 3 of his kicks misses the target by a LONG way, if he wants to be an AA or even considered A grade he must improve his kicking beyond its current level because he is going to need an outside game to match his inside work

The thread of shame! Players should be punished when they make the BLOWTORCH.

Made to spend a weekend with Liam Jurrah on a small tinny

This is a serious thread mate pull ya head in or ill report yo......

Last edited:

Can I add Matt Jones to this list, guy is a looooong way off being on an AFL list

If I had a shot every time he fumbled the ball this arvo I would have passed out before the first half

I do agree with Tyson today, usually makes a good decision initially and gets space then tries to do too much and gets caught

Can I add Matt Jones to this list, guy is a looooong way off being on an AFL list

If I had a shot every time he fumbled the ball this arvo I would have passed out before the first half

I do agree with Tyson today, usually makes a good decision initially and gets space then tries to do too much and gets caught

Supposed to be more for the not so obvious targets or observations that arent the obvious
No point ragging on blokes who are playing to there potential

Can someone please tell me what exactly it is that Dom Barry has done at Casey to warrant a game that Sam Blease hasn't.

This is not a slur on Barry btw it is simply a point of perspective.

I am sick to death of hearing about how Blease doesn't play 4 quarters and work hard enough when we have a team that simply is not up to standard and (come round 15) has completely hit the wall.

I understand what Roos is trying to instil in the group but we have underperformers in the senior side every week. Blease is playing under different rules.

Of our small players, N Jones, Tyson and Vince are probably the only players who have played a genuine 4 quarter game and had an impact with the footy. The rest are either vanilla tradesmen or youngsters finding their feet.

We are cutting off our nose to spite our face atm.

If we were learning something then I could handle it but we aren't learning anything from these types of games and performances.

Can someone please tell me what exactly it is that Dom Barry has done at Casey to warrant a game that Sam Blease hasn't.

I am sick to death of hearing about how Blease doesn't play 4 quarters and work hard enough when we have a team that simply is not up to standard and (come round 15) has completely hit the wall.

I understand what Roos is trying to I instil in the group but we have passengers in the senior side every week. Blease is playing under different rules.

Of our small players, N Jones, Tyson and Vince are probably the only players who have played a genuine 4 quarter game and had an impact with the footy. The rest are either vanilla tradesmen or youngsters finding their feet.

If we were learning something then I could handle it but we aren't learning anything from these types of games and performances.

I dont rate Blease in the slightest but I must admit I was shocked that Barry was picked over him when it didnt seem like Barry was doing that much

I dont rate Blease in the slightest but I must admit I was shocked that Barry was picked over him when it didnt seem like Barry was doing that much
It's a terrible message to send him tbh. If he doesn't play next week then surely he will drop his head.

I'm not saying Blease is best 22 by any stretch but he's clearly playing to different expectations which is plain wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a terrible message to send him tbh. If he doesn't play next week then surely he will drop his head.

I'm not saying Blease is best 22 by any stretch but he's clearly playing to different expectations which is plain wrong.
Unless he's already been told by the coaching staff that he won't be delisted, and is being treated as a 'long-term' i.e. one or two year project, and they're happy to give him time in the VFL to really perfect his defensive game.

Admittedly this is as far-fetched as Essendon being stripped of the 2000 premiership and us rising to claim it, but it could be a ploy to take the pressure off Sammy if Roos and co. do really rate him.

Either than or there is some fundamental thing he is being asked to do which he hasnt improved on
Maybe his randomness with the footy is whats going against him because he doesnt play to the ultra conservative predictable gamestyle we have going

Unless he's already been told by the coaching staff that he won't be delisted, and is being treated as a 'long-term' i.e. one or two year project, and they're happy to give him time in the VFL to really perfect his defensive game.

Admittedly this is as far-fetched as Essendon being stripped of the 2000 premiership and us rising to claim it, but it could be a ploy to take the pressure off Sammy if Roos and co. do really rate him.

It may be far fetched but I have actually considered that possibility to mate.

If it is the case it is pretty naive given we can hardly run atm.

Tyson, Viney, Joneses, Vince are all knackered.

Either than or there is some fundamental thing he is being asked to do which he hasnt improved on
No doubt there are issues there with some fundamentals (which in principle I don't have a problem with) but when Barry gets a game ahead of him they're clearly getting carried away with it all.

Maybe his randomness with the footy is whats going against him because he doesnt play to the ultra conservative predictable gamestyle we have going

All the more reason to get him in there.

Our number one problem is our inability to move the ball quickly between the arcs.

So frustrating seeing players hold it up just for the sake of it and let the opposition get into position. It's our Achilles heel and we've conditioned ourselves into it.

I understand what Roos is trying to instil in the group but we have underperformers in the senior side every week. Blease is playing under different rules.

Barry does everything he's asked defensively and doesn't * up when he has it. Defender/tagger/defensive forward, none of the roles he can play conflict with Blease.

Barry does everything he's asked defensively and doesn't **** up when he has it. Defender/tagger/defensive forward, none of the roles he can play conflict with Blease.

I understand they have different roles but I don't think that is the point atm with where we're at. We've been out of balance with player selection for a lot of the year.

I guess I'll have to watch closer over the next few weeks to see how Dom plays to instruction over 4 quarters.

Defend

nick, I fully agree. Tyson has been poor since the Port game.

If you are playing you are expected to be fit, but I do think Tyson (And Viney) are a bit tired, gotta remember they are 3rd and 2nd year players respectively and being asked to carry the midfield along with Jones and Vince. I agree they have dropped off (Especially Tyson) but they've already shown enough for me this year to think they will be excellent players.

I understand they have different roles but I don't think that is the point atm with where we're at. We've been out of balance with player selection for a lot of the year.

I guess I'll have to watch closer over the next few weeks to see how Dom plays to instruction over 4 quarters.
Giving Nicho the shot over Blease would be the better argument. Nicho for whatever work he does defensively is still horrible by foot and isn't going to improve.

nick, I fully agree. Tyson has been poor since the Port game.

If you are playing you are expected to be fit, but I do think Tyson (And Viney) are a bit tired, gotta remember they are 3rd and 2nd year players respectively and being asked to carry the midfield along with Jones and Vince. I agree they have dropped off (Especially Tyson) but they've already shown enough for me this year to think they will be excellent players.

He is the most composed young inside mid I have seen playing for Melbourne, However im just putting it on notice that he has alot of things to work on to become better than a good midfielder because we need a genuine superstar or 5

COLIN GARLAND

WTF has happened to you? Last year I remember thinking that you were the shining light in an otherwise disgusting team along with Nath Jones and you should be considered for captaincy

You have lost all composure on the footy , you are fumbly you are dropping marks and you are unable to use the footy at all well

Right now I would prefer that Mr Bean prick taking your spot because you have been back for most of the season now and never made it out of 1st gear
I have no idea whats going on with you, surely you are carrying something thats taking away your focus because I thought you were stiff not to make the AA squad last year

Colin Garland... You have been torched

Remove this Banner Ad

Back