The official 2015 WCF thread - San Fran's Golden Dubs vs Houston's Red Rockets

Are the Dubs any good?

• They ain't that good, and it's time to fear the Beard in San Francisco (Rockets in 6 or less)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • They ain't that good, but they're still better than the Rockets (Dubs in 7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Look at the season head-to-head - Houston, you have a problem (Dubs in 6 or less)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Go ahead....Warriors in 4 or 5

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Steph Curry 3-point watch

He currently has 18 3 pointer this series.

He needs 2 three pointers to match his record for a 4 game series (if the Warriors win in 4).
He needs 4 three pointers in the next two games to match the record for a 5 game series (if the Warriors win in 5).

I like his odds for either of them. In fact if the Warrior sweep I think he'll make more than he needed for the 5 game series :cool:

buffy-willow-popcorn.gif

Montejunas?

Starting PF?

Ok then... ok

Well he was. Obviously those two would have made no difference to the series result, made us slightly better but not that much better. D-Mo out probably gets under rated by most non Rocket fans, he had a good year and his ability to play 4 and 5 helps, especially to avoid hack a whoever. Beverley was putrid this season, still better than a couple of senior citizens though.

Hope we can come out and win game 4, always good not to get swept. Sure I'll probably cop s**t from all these new found Warriors fans and others this week. Still think all things considered we had a good season, especially when you think back to where a lot of people were rating us at the start of the season.

Considering all our issues we are not too far off, think a few changes next season could easily keep us up there. One that won't happen is obviously a change in coach. Landing a good point guard is key, while keeping Beverley as an annoying campaigner to bring off the bench. No secret we are positioning ourselves for a good run at Durant, will be interesting to see how much that hurts us with our improvement short term.

Glad you've enjoyed them because I doubt you'll get to see any more in your lifetime.

Well given who you support I wont take your word on what makes a good title winning team. Let alone how to build one.

Well he was. Obviously those two would have made no difference to the series result, made us slightly better but not that much better. D-Mo out probably gets under rated by most non Rocket fans, he had a good year and his ability to play 4 and 5 helps, especially to avoid hack a whoever. Beverley was putrid this season, still better than a couple of senior citizens though.

Hope we can come out and win game 4, always good not to get swept. Sure I'll probably cop s**t from all these new found Warriors fans and others this week. Still think all things considered we had a good season, especially when you think back to where a lot of people were rating us at the start of the season.

Considering all our issues we are not too far off, think a few changes next season could easily keep us up there. One that won't happen is obviously a change in coach. Landing a good point guard is key, while keeping Beverley as an annoying campaigner to bring off the bench. No secret we are positioning ourselves for a good run at Durant, will be interesting to see how much that hurts us with our improvement short term.

Maybe there is something I don't know but you currently have $50M committed for 16-17. How does that position for Durant?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont mind DMo tbh, he's a real Morey type player

I assume McDaniels is gone, Bev is UFA, Smith is UFA, Papanikowho has a 4.8 mill option.

Interesting off season ahead, cap space will be essentially nothing, no first rounder from the Lin trade..... Hmm, what will Morey try to pull out the hat.

You really need a point that can shoot

They haven't won crap yet.

Yeah... if only I actually did offer you anything about what makes a good title winning team or "how to build one".... at least that would have made what you're saying relevant.

Anyway go back to only watching players who drive at the rim and not "pussy 3 point shooters". We all know that just because a guy is a good shooter it automatically means he can't drive to the rim well :thumbsdown:

Maybe there is something I don't know but you currently have $50M committed for 16-17. How does that position for Durant?

The caps going to escalate pretty quickly.... whether it escalates enough to run at KD im not sure. Something around the 88 mill mark... so its possible

Anyway go back to only watching players who drive at the rim and not "pussy 3 point shooters". We all know that just because a guy is a good shooter it automatically means he can't drive to the rim well :thumbsdown:

I know he's not an elite driver. I find 3 point shooters dull as all *. Get over it.

The caps going to escalate pretty quickly.... whether it escalates enough to run at KD im not sure. Something around the 88 mill mark... so its possible

Yeah fairly easy to manouver given they would probably move anyone but Howard and Harden to do it. If Durant decides to leave though he would be silly not to go to the East.

I dont mind DMo tbh, he's a real Morey type player

I assume McDaniels is gone, Bev is UFA, Smith is UFA, Papanikowho has a 4.8 mill option.

Interesting off season ahead, cap space will be essentially nothing, no first rounder from the Lin trade..... Hmm, what will Morey try to pull out the hat.

You really need a point that can shoot

I'm not fussed on Smith, if we can land him for under 5mil do it but otherwise won't be a huge loss. Beverley won't demand big money, his bad season helps there. Not sure what point we can get, Jones will be the trade bait with Capella as that potential type player to throw in.

Yeah fairly easy to manouver given they would probably move anyone but Howard and Harden to do it. If Durant decides to leave though he would be silly not to go to the East.

Surely Houston would have to be in with a strong chance of Durant, considering he and Harden's relationship. Would be a scary team regardless of conference. Especially if you could pick up a spot-up PG that can defend.

Back