The Official BigFooty Boston Celtics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

RaqtH.gif

Well sounds like someone will be back.

"I talk to Doc all of the time, and we’re talking about our plans for next year," said Ainge, who left yesterday for Chicago to attend the NBA’s pre-draft combine. Though Ainge is unsure of whether Rivers will make an appearance in Chicago, he continues to move forward as the coach will remain in place. "I only expect Doc to say something to me if he is not coming back," Ainge said.

I'm not listening to Dickerson who has heard a report from a friend of Pierce who thinks that Pierce is reportedly not coming back.

You need to start mentally preparing yourself. Pierce is due $15 million next season... KG a sizeable chunk of money too.

Ainge knows we can't win with them, and we can't afford to bring in any decent help either.

They're gone, buddy. Shame. Pierce is my favourite player by a long, long way.

His drafting now makes more sense when you consider if they trade with Brooklyn they get rebounders galore in the deal.

His drafting now makes more sense when you consider if they trade with Brooklyn they get rebounders galore in the deal.
Couldn't give a s**t about having rebounders. Olynyk isn't a great rebounder anyway.

That would've helped us three years ago. We're going to stink next season and trading for Gerard Wallace doesn't help us in the future at all.

Couldn't give a s**t about having rebounders. Olynyk isn't a great rebounder anyway.

That would've helped us three years ago. We're going to stink next season and trading for Gerard Wallace doesn't help us in the future at all.

Ah if you hadn't noticed... We weren't any where near good enough to contend for the title. Time to blow it up now while people are willing to pay big on players past their best and close to retiring.

You can't seem to comprehend the concept of rebuilding and putting together pieces which can be used in the future to create cap space or trade chips.

Great move by the C's if it goes down.

Ah if you hadn't noticed... We weren't any where near good enough to contend for the title. Time to blow it up now while people are willing to pay big on players past their best and close to retiring.

You can't seem to comprehend the concept of rebuilding and putting together pieces which can be used in the future to create cap space or trade chips.

Great move by the C's if it goes down.
But we're not even rebuilding properly.

We're going to be stuck in no mans land if the Nets trade goes through.

Wallace is a hack with an awful contract, Green is still okay and Rondo is still Rondo. In the weak Eastern Conference that is still good enough for the 8th seed.

If we're going to rebuild, we might as well trade Rondo and Green now as well.

But we're not even rebuilding properly.

We're going to be stuck in no mans land if the Nets trade goes through.

Wallace is a hack with an awful contract, Green is still okay and Rondo is still Rondo. In the weak Eastern Conference that is still good enough for the 8th seed.

If we're going to rebuild, we might as well trade Rondo and Green now as well.
Not sure if srs on the last sentence.

It's like saying you would've traded Paul Pierce during the struggling times back in the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if srs on the last sentence.

It's like saying you would've traded Paul Pierce during the struggling times back in the day.
Rondo and Green are both 27. They'll be at least 30 by the time we're any good, and they're only going to be a detriment to us as we won't be able to tank properly.

One player does not make a team. He can play like a boss, but he won't get you wins with shitkents surrounded around him. So your tank nation will go okay.
In the terrible East, Rondo, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries will probably still make the playoffs.

PG Rondo
SG Bradley
SF Green
PF Sullinger
C Olynyk

GET THE **** AROUND THEM!

Not a bad effort, i think the team is certain to get faster now that the old men have been all traded out,
will be interesting to see the style of basketball that is built, i think the choice of Olynyk will facilitate the fast break (see how people rate his off ball moves and mobility)

Olynyk was great for Gonzaga in the WCC but is he really worth 16th overall and 2 future 2nd rounders? Was only picked 3 spots ahead of us and would've probably have still been available when we were on the clock. I know we will have quite a few draft picks from the Garnett, Pierce and Terry trade but Olynyk won't be able to defend like Garnett (not at the beginning of his career anyway).

I guess we'll just be tanking hard next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back