The Official "What is this player worth?" Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones mid 2nd to early 3rd, Hampsonish type compensation
Greenwood stocks are rising now late 1st 15-22
Sumner 3rd rounder, worthless compo for GWS unless they made him into an upgraded pick
Dahlhaus top 5 pick or gun small forward/attacking midfield equivalent etc Walters, Elliot, Devon Smith, Breust.
Crozier 2nd or 3rd rounder 30-45 range

Would the dogs consider Suckling and our first for the House?

Read the topic line bud....

What is Hibbard worth? Wouldn't think better than pick 30

I'd give up our first rounder for him if we really wanted him. Fortunately I think we are well stocked for half back options so we won't be requiring his services. Would say realistically he would be worth 15-25.

He's basically Birchall with less leg speed and I'd argue Birchall has a better kick.

Fwiw, west coast wouldn't give up their 1st for hibberd, either. Love him as a player, but would not answer our most pressing need - speed, and another decent midfielder.

Taking Ellis last year has allowed us to push hurn up the ground, and we hopefully get a fully fit waters back next year.

I would only entertain a pick 18-19 for him similar to wellingham, even though that has blown up in our face thus far.

Forgot about Moore. But otherwise, your defence is crying out for a gun HBF who can kick the ball well with Frost, Keefe and Toovey in your defence being below average kicks at best
Keeffe's kicking is well and truly above average, he would have one of the best kicks in the league as a KPD, rarely misses a target, but i agree we have some poor kicks in the back half.

We have the cattle though, they just need to settle in the team together. We don't need to recruit a half back, especially not one for a first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can somebody place a value on these players?

In:
Shane Kersten (mid 2nd round)
Sam Grimley (late 3rd round)
Aaron Black (late 1st/early 2nd round)

Out:
Matt de Boer (mid-late 2nd round depending on team)
C Pearce (early 3rd round)
N Suban (late 2nd round)
M Duffy (mid 3rd round)

This is what I think their clubs would let them go for, as opposed to what I think they're actually worth.

Blatantly derailing and non-constructive posts will be deleted as noticed, specifically addressed to both DangerSloane and PAFC_1870 since you guys seem to be insistent on continuing your spat across multiple threads. Take it to the Bay.

Can somebody place a value on these players?

In:
Shane Kersten
Sam Grimley
Aaron Black

Out:
Matt de Boer
C Pearce
N Suban
M Duffy

Can only really talk about Kersten. We have only just gotten to see him in the 11's this year and is OOC but word is he is in talks with the club and has no desire to head back West.

If push came to shove, he was a #32 to us. So after what he's shown so far id be pushing a high 2nd Rd late 1st. Probably rich but I think he is worth it.

Go Catters

With emergence of a few kids recently at North - would be interested to see whether Tarrant, McKenzie, Harper to name 3 are possibles to be picked up for picks 30+...

With emergence of a few kids recently at North - would be interested to see whether Tarrant, McKenzie, Harper to name 3 are possibles to be picked up for picks 30+...

Taz maybe, but i don't think Harper of McKenzie would be for that price.

I'm sure for McKenzie at this time they would be looking for end of 1st (what was spent).

Harper is a mystery I'm sure the club would want an end of 1st, high 2nd but doubt any club would want to part with that for him, really falls into an awkward spot where internal value would be greatly different to outside market value.

Taz maybe, but i don't think Harper of McKenzie would be for that price.

I'm sure for McKenzie at this time they would be looking for end of 1st (what was spent).

Harper is a mystery I'm sure the club would want an end of 1st, high 2nd but doubt any club would want to part with that for him, really falls into an awkward spot where internal value would be greatly different to outside market value.
No way BMac is worth a 1st rounder at the moment. He's looking more and more like a bust and remember what we paid for Gysberts, former first round draft picks can go for very little if they haven't shown very much at senior level.

Those three are a good call, Harper and Tarrant have had their respective careers derailed by injury. IF they ever got fit would be good pick ups.

Unfortunately for North they'd have next to zero trade value. I think we've got four I'd delist ahead of them this year but next year they'd be first in line for the boot.

McKenize I think we might just trade, would probably get a pick 35-50 for him.

McKenize I think we might just trade, would probably get a pick 35-50 for him.

I'll respectfully disagree with this one. He's a 1st round pick, only 21, contracted for another year, has 3 years of development put into him and he came in undersized and we knew that.

Unlike the past 5 years we are now in a position where we dont "need" to rush kids into the team before they are ready like we did with Cunners and JZ. BMac has had a taste here and there but there is no rush on him. He has sublime skills, "He's got some of the best skills I've seen come into the club in the ten years that I've been there." HMac. Given time to develop organically i still think he will be an asset to the club moving forwards.

Just don't see someone like that let go for a throw away 35-50 pick. As you said we have others to go before him so why trade something for nothing.

I'll respectfully disagree with this one. He's a 1st round pick, only 21, contracted for another year, has 3 years of development put into him and he came in undersized and we knew that.

Unlike the past 5 years we are now in a position where we dont "need" to rush kids into the team before they are ready like we did with Cunners and JZ. BMac has had a taste here and there but there is no rush on him. He has sublime skills, "He's got some of the best skills I've seen come into the club in the ten years that I've been there." HMac. Given time to develop organically i still think he will be an asset to the club moving forwards.

Just don't see someone like that let go for a throw away 35-50 pick. As you said we have others to go before him so why trade something for nothing.
Gysberts was also 21 when Melbourne basically traded him to us for nothing. He was former number 11 draft pick and had played 19 games for the Dees but really hadn't shown much.

Compares quite similarly to McKenzie who was pick 18 and managed 10 games and for the most part has been very poor at senior level.

I think naturally north's assessment of around pick 40ish isn't too far off the mark.
Don't get me wrong, not saying BMac won't make it, just saying that's how much he's worth at this point in time.

Out of all the players I listed, I'd have Tarrant as the most talented and also of the least value, just because of injuries.

I wouldn't give up a pick inside the top 30 for any of those, and would be um-ing and ah-ing for a pick inside the top 40 just because if you go to the trade table you want value not market price really, so I'd be keen offering pick 40-45 for McKenzie and Tarrant and 35-40 for Harper.

That was my opinion but obviously I don't know as much as North fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back