MFC Fans Only The One and only Jesse "Hollywood" Hogan Heel turn thread- GWS Grey and Orange 4 Lyfe. Brother!

Remove this Banner Ad

That's fair enough, I was lucky enough to win a local gf years back, and I thought to myself "now I really need to put a watch on" right before all the shenanigans started.
Night Grand Final was confusing people what the time was.

That's fair enough, I was lucky enough to win a local gf years back, and I thought to myself "now I really need to put a watch on" right before all the shenanigans started.

Probably his apple watch to keep track of his heart rate throughout the night.

Rendell told Trade Radio he believed Hogan would end up at Greater Western Sydney in 2021.

"I believe it's a fait accompli. That's my strong mail," he said.

It would be Hogan's third club after stints with Melbourne and the Dockers.

Rendell said he could be used by the Giants as either a key forward or key defender.

Rendell told Trade Radio he believed Hogan would end up at Greater Western Sydney in 2021.

Rendell said he could be used by the Giants as either a key forward or key defender.
Topkent

Apparently Richmond think they can fix Hogan, i would be filthy if they pick him up for next to nothing and he ends up living up to his potential.

Think hw is more than likely to end up at GWS or Sydney.
I just looked up Jack Riewoldt's age. I am surprised. He is nearly 32.
Now I see why the Tiges are interested in Hogan, as they can play similar styled roles.

I just looked up Jack Riewoldt's age. I am surprised. He is nearly 32.
Now I see why the Tiges are interested in Hogan, as they can play similar styled roles.

Yeah no they can't
Hogan is/was a beautiful kick like Riewoldt but Riewoldt is a goalsquare forward, Hogan is a roaming CHF.
Basically like prime Lynch at Adelaide.

Yeah no they can't
Hogan is/was a beautiful kick like Riewoldt but Riewoldt is a goalsquare forward, Hogan is a roaming CHF.
A goalsquare forward, that's not how i'd describe him. I see him a key moblie forward who plays small for a tall, and does a lot of great work motoring around the for arc getting involved helping out his mates, and sometimes getting on the end of a kick.
If i can put it another way, a tall mobile facilitator. A very effective play maker, and structures the tigers forward half.

I think Hogan with is endurance, can learn the same role. He also plays small to me, isn't a high mark, but does his best work with his feet on the ground.

Last edited:
A goalsquare forward, that's not how i'd describe him. I see him a key moblie forward who plays small for a tall, and does a lot of great work motoring around the for arc getting involved helping out his mates, and sometimes getting on the end of a kick.
If i can put it another way, a tall mobile facilitator. A very effective play maker, and structures the tigers forward half.

I think Hogan with is endurance, can learn the same role. He also plays small to me, isn't a high mark, but does his best work with his feet on the ground.
Riewoldt is the most unselfish player in the air in the comp, Hogan isn't even in his league.

Ironic, given we pretty much snatched Hogan from under GWS' nose when we drafted him.

Yeah no they can't
Play Hogan at CHF and keep Lynch deep

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Honestly don't think he'd get games for Richmond, his defensive efforts aren't even close to good enough.
At present, probably not, but with a decent coaching and team structure around him they'd have a better chance than most of getting the best out of him.
No one is picking him up because they want him to keep playing as he is. They'd think they can get him playing to his (theoretical) ability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At present, probably not, but with a decent coaching and team structure around him they'd have a better chance than most of getting the best out of him.
No one is picking him up because they want him to keep playing as he is. They'd think they can get him playing to his (theoretical) ability
But honestly Richmond wouldn't give a stuff about him as a roaming CHF, they just need blokes who run both ways and tackle like crazy. Blokes talented enough to take a punt on for sure but I don't know if he has the desire to play the unselfish game the tiges look for.

Confirmed by Peter Bell this morning that Freo will work a trade with GWS for Hogan.

From jordanpinto at the HS:
...“Following a series of discussions between the club, Jesse and his management it was mutually agreed that it was in Jesse’s best interests to further his playing career by moving away from WA,” Fremantle footy boss Peter Bell said in a statement.

“While it is disappointing for both Fremantle and Jesse that, due to injury and other factors, he was unable to play at the level we all know he is capable of, all parties agree that in Jesse’s long-term interests the preferred option is for him to continue his career at a new club."...

Last edited:
Extreme waste of talent. His 2015 was amazing and he genuinely looked like he could be the best player in the AFL at some stage, then he started to lose the plot off the field. The way he attacked the ball in the air and on the ground isn't something you lose, he just stopped giving a sh*t.
I think people forget. He had shed-loads of talent. Roos used to talk him up before he’d played a game - just in terms of his smarts, ability to position himself, and work rate. That all went pear-shaped by third year in seniors. The talent was there - injury and off field just won out. It’s a shame.

I still hope it works out for him personally somehow. I like him for some reason. But it’s super nice not to be fully invested in his uncertain future. Trading him when we did was easily the best move our club could have made.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back