Review Dees v the Orange Mercs - the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really. Hit one fantastic kick in the second quarter and had a couple of decent tap-ons, but was absolutely bodied by Taylor on numerous occasions (the worst of which led directly to the match-winning goal).

Think we just need to accept that the cattle doesn't matter at this point. Our key forwards suck, but the gameplan and delivery to them is even worse.

Smith, Brown, McDonald, Schache, JVR – doesn't matter (though JVR should absolutely be playing).

I would agree about Brown if he was getting out marked, but he wasn't and that is important.

The delivery into the Forward 50 is atrocious and it is amazing how often the team kicks only to the advantage or directly to a defender.

I could say that Petracca missing goals, the first three quarters by Grundy and Harmes is not at AFL level for this game had a much more direct result than anyone else.

Bowey and McVee did really well Chandler and Kickett made some "odd" decisions but I believe they will get better.

I think next game the team should have a blanket rule "Only kick into the 50 to a lead or by lowering your eyes. Zero kick and hopes". If in doubt go back. Even if it costs them the game.

Not at all. Brown did okay in the conditions.

The Clique needs to be called out for continually pumping up Smith. Absolute hack of a player.
Yep, he's almost as bad a player as you are poster.

I think I just joined the clique!

Do I get a badge?

Goody unintentionally throwing himself under the bus in that presser. If he can’t fault the players’ effort, the problem must be with the guy telling them how to play.

yes. “Our supporters won’t want to hear it, but if we keep working hard as we are the wheel will turn”
It's funny my core memory of Neeld is him saying 'the wheel will turn' at a press conference.

Im not watching us for a few weeks at least, today broke me to where I genuinely wanted my own side to lose for being boring and predictable.

Bring back Craig Jennings and sack Goody. At least s**t was fun and unpredictable when he was round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not watching us for a few weeks at least, today broke me to where I genuinely wanted my own side to lose for being boring and predictable.

Bring back Craig Jennings and sack Goody. At least s**t was fun and unpredictable when he was round.

It is bloody tough, I don't blame you. Probably going to be the same as it is just so completely lame to watch them struggle through games. I can cop skill errors taking the game on, I can't cop the momentum sapping s**t we are displaying now.

I got really drunk and didn't give a flying *. Can't get any more arrogant than playing two washed up VFL forwards for fun in the wet, interstate. Goody is a coked up clown and we're going to waste whatever this team has over the next couple years on this clown show. Saddle up and enjoy the absurdity, gang. It's all we have.

I don’t understand how Joel Smith is still on our list. He was rookied in 2016, 7 years ago and has played maybe 3 decent AFL matches.

I would love to get a job where I could deliver * all for 7 years and still front up to collect my pay cheque every week.

Reality is, outside the cellar dwellers (WCE, North and Hawthorn) - we struggle against most teams. Yes, the likes of GC, Freo, GWS, Carlton, Richmond are tricky opponents on their day. But if we were serious about winning the premiership, we'd be banking all these wins comfortably. Instead, its a genuine 50/50 game against teams outside the 8 - all they need to do is bide their time and watch us implode - which more often than not, we do.
We're the serial bedwetters of the afl

I don’t understand how Joel Smith is still on our list. He was rookied in 2016, 7 years ago and has played maybe 3 decent AFL matches.

I would love to get a job where I could deliver * all for 7 years and still front up to collect my pay cheque every week.
his best game was his 1st game and he got injured 20 minutes into that.

Because he isn't in the worst two forwards in the first team today? Not that hard to figure out. Bloke is a handy utility at either end and a super weird thing to lash out at with the current state of things. Like complaining that the tiles are a colour you don't like when the kitchen is on fire.

It is bloody tough, I don't blame you. Probably going to be the same as it is just so completely lame to watch them struggle through games. I can cop skill errors taking the game on, I can't cop the momentum sapping s**t we are displaying now.

I stopped watching us at about round 10 in 2019 all the way thru til round 1 2020. Even though we are a far better side than we were then, its pretty much the same in terms of entertainment. Ive never missed watching/or listening to a game (on the radio when I was a kid) if Ive had the choice outside Simon Goodwin coached teams. God bless Goody for 2021 and the grand final win, but * me outside that hes sapped the life out of me, I can handle losing if you give your supporters something to get excited about. 7-10 goals a week (against better than s**t teams) and Melksham, Brown and Harmes getting games is the complete opposite of exciting.

Goody saying he was proud of the boys made me die a little I think. How good would it be if he said: “s**t show. That was garbage, I’m fn embarrassed”.

Worked wonders for West Coast last week… definitely feels like a bit of “near enough good enough” for our players and coach. Complacent.

Anyone not feel much for this current side anymore? like I was pissed off when we lost, but a few hours later it's like 'meh', just not a side worth getting worked up about, we're a horrible product, don't play with much passion, robot coach and players. Whatever, side deserved the apathy.

But his dad took mark of the century.

Because he isn't in the worst two forwards in the first team today? Not that hard to figure out. Bloke is a handy utility at either end and a super weird thing to lash out at with the current state of things. Like complaining that the tiles are a colour you don't like when the kitchen is on fire.

A6298C9D-2560-4A4A-BBEA-3D4BE17836E2.jpeg

He’s about as good a footballer as you are a poster.

Anyone not feel much for this current side anymore? like I was pissed off when we lost, but a few hours later it's like 'meh', just not a side worth getting worked up about, we're a horrible product, don't play with much passion, robot coach and players. Whatever, side deserved the apathy.
Don't give a flying * right now. Got that one flag, going to piss away this team. It's just how it is. No point getting worked up. There's a heap of payed people around this set up every day and they are happy with how it's going. It's just a clown show. It's just not a team run by serious people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back