Competitions The PIEMAN 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Some Pieman facts for those still considering putting in an entry...
  • Most popular players so far: Dahlhaus (25 out of 44 have picked him), Cooney (20), Stevens (20), Crameri (18) and Hunter (17)
  • 29 different players picked so far
  • Surprising no-counts: Williams (our main KPF!), Cordy (another KPF), Tutt (I thought KH might have had a nibble) and Prudden (the Church of Prud obviously has a lot of false worshippers!)
  • Lowest total handicap for a team: theAthenian , Mike__ and Palace03 (all 20)
  • Highest total handicap: dogwatch * (59), Ant_ (55) and Some Idiot (52)
* Never trust the handicapper!

Have never played this before, so I will give it a shot

Stevens
Gia
Cooney
Crameri
Dahlhaus

Last minutes changes pls: I will replace Griff to Wallis so my team will be Coons, Hunter, Crameri, Stringer and Wallis.

Gonna go the maybe diva strategy this year sit back in field early on then go bang late;

Bontempelli, Honeychurch, Smith, Hrovat, Stringer
Welcome back, Stringy. There's one big difference: Makybe Diva WON it three times in a row :p.
Anyway it seems like you've been looking at my team ... and I've been quietly thinking of switching to Stringer and/or Honey as well! (Don't worry I'll make sure they are different.)

Welcome back, Stringy. There's one big difference: Makybe Diva WON it three times in a row :p.
Anyway it seems like you've been looking at my team ... and I've been quietly thinking of switching to Stringer and/or Honey as well! (Don't worry I'll make sure they are different.)

Doesn't matter if same, I'm sure you would still win by me choosing wrong banker!

Pieman numbers are a bit down this year* so I'd better get my own selections in. Having watched the pre-season games since the handicaps were issued I'm going with a bit of value:

Bontempelli
Boyd
Smith
Hrovat
Minson​

* Fossie 32 would be aware we've had exactly 54 entries in each of the last two years. Only 37 so far this year.
I'm going to take advantage of the opportunity to change as well. Hrovat out, Stringer in. So my team is:

Bontempelli
Boyd
Stringer
Smith
Minson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just repeating my post from the Round 1 Pieman thread...

We are up to 53 entries - good effort (and still not too late to enter if you wish). Here are the entries so far. Please check yours and make sure I have it correct.
Go Doggies ... let's kick lots of majors to keep the Piemen busy!

I am not sure of the rules, but would like to bring in McCrae for Murphy, and keep him as my banker if that is acceptable?
Sorry, Dogs_r_barking but no changes after the start of the season, until the first trade period which is immediately after Round 8. The handicaps are revised for the trade period and apply to anyone you bring in during the trade period. (The players you keep retain their old handicap).

There's probably a few of us wishing we'd got on Macrae at the start of the season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back