Preview The Heritier Lumumba motion picture thread - "Concussion - Its been fantastic"

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't want Lumumba at the Dees. It didn't have anything to do with his beliefs, colour, race, religion, hair, skin, face, any of his off-field behaviour or any of his rants. I watch alot of football and I watch alot of Collingwood and Melbourne and I just didn't rate him that highly... until I read this... http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...is-a-good-fit-for-demons-20140906-10dbjk.html

Now I know it's a good decision, get behind it guys

Gaz is thinking it would be better to make Harry O' the successor.

maxmustard said:
He's an individual and wears the jumper as he chooses.
An indi-bloody-vidual that can't be fooled?
Sorry guys the temptation was to strong

Lumumba and Collingwood's first round pick (currently pick 10) for Clark and our 2nd round pick (currently pick 20). I'd be happy with that scenario.
1. Huge overs from Collingwood
2. Their first rounder will go to Darcy Moore

I pose this….why would Harry leave a club over a Mardi Gras quip and join a club who deals in Pedophilia as comedy?

Would that make him some sort of hypocrite if he did? Hmmmm

No because from what's been reported nothing was done by Collingwood about the Mardi Gras thing and nobody was sanctioned for it, like they didn't care or something which Lumumba took exception to.

Roos publically lashed out at Terlich/Georgiou and made it abundantly clear he won't tolerate that kind of behaviour.

Completely different scenarios.

No because from what's been reported nothing was done by Collingwood about the Mardi Gras thing and nobody was sanctioned for it, like they didn't care or something which Lumumba took exception to.

I can see the headline...

COLLINGWOOD LAUNCHES FULL-SCALE INVESTIGATION INTO MESSAGE BOARD COMMENT
Buckley: "I will not rest until the perpetrator is found and swiftly and mercilessly brought to justice"

For Collingwood to do something about it, they'd have to
A) Think it was worth doing something about
B) Work out what to do about it - ban pithy comments? No jokes when on official Collingwood business? Witch hunt to find the culprit?

It's supposedly one of a number of occurrences at the Pies, but this particular one is a non-event. If the other ones occurred, possibly they were too. Who knows. A storm in the tiniest of teacups.

I see it as being trivial also but Lumumba doesn't. I'm merely pointing out why the 2 scenarios in the way they were handled are completely different.

If these trivial incidents added to the point of getting him to the club in a cheap trade with Collingwood then that's a massive win. FIGJAM appears to be overly particular in the type of player he's willing to coach and so far it's been substantially detrimental to the football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, in one case you have photographic evidence of the guilty party, in the other you have a message on a board. But fair point. I don't really see what the fuss with Georgiou and Terlich was - poor taste, sure, but Mad Mondays aren't supposed to be media-friendly occasions.

Lumumba would be a terrible recruit. Reasonable player at best, and I don't see the upside in picking up a fruitloop who goes ballistic over trivial things. Wonder how his mental state would be after consecutive 10 goal pastings? We can do much, much better.

You focus on how he'd potentially react to 10 goal pastings, I focus on the impact he'd have in preventing those sorts of losses from happening.

At 28 years old he'd come in being the 2nd most experienced player on the list and with a premiership to his name, always in the Collingwood B&F top 10 and certainly not past his prime. But it all depends on whether a fair trade can be established with Collingwood.

You focus on how he'd potentially react to 10 goal pastings, I focus on the impact he'd have in preventing those sorts of losses from happening.

At 28 years old he'd come in being the 2nd most experienced player on the list and with a premiership to his name, always in the Collingwood B&F top 10 and certainly not past his prime. But it all depends on whether a fair trade can be established with Collingwood.

Zero impact.

Zero impact.

I'd say less than zero. We'd be a man down when he's had enough and decides to sit in the pocket and sulk for the rest of the game.

Because the current list is so awesome, Lumumba would struggle so badly to get a game.

Even if he could possibly nab someone's spot in the awesome awesome current starting 22, he'd have zero impact or less than zero impact.

'Haters gonna hate' is all I can say about this one. Logic usually leads to something more productive.

Personality aside I don't think he will add much. To me he is only effective when he's free to roam around moping up and rebounding. He is really damaging with his run when this happens but he can be stopped too easily. That would not be too bad in itself but on the flip side he is a bad defender one on one, not good in the air and just hoofs the ball forward with his kicks.

Logic says that rather than chasing a 28 year old overrated sook, there are a lot of other players in the league who we could chase who would be less disruptive and more beneficial to the cause. Lumumba is better than Terlich - so what? Let's raise the bar a bit higher.

Because the current list is so awesome, Lumumba would struggle so badly to get a game.

Even if he could possibly nab someone's spot in the awesome awesome current starting 22, he'd have zero impact or less than zero impact.

'Haters gonna hate' is all I can say about this one. Logic usually leads to something more productive.

It's not a matter of getting into the starting 22, he's a rebounding defender that can't defend and just bombs long to nothing which leads to us being obliterated on the rebound.

There's no rhyme or reason to getting Lumumba.

You're hatin', I get that.

There's rhyme and reason in this club getting better and getting somewhat closer to competitive. Lumumba is obviously a step forward in that direction, not so obvious to some but trust me, it'll work out just fine if a deal can get done.

I'm pretty sure Roos wouldn't show any interest in a player who is as bad as a lot on here are portraying him to be.

You're hatin', I get that.

There's rhyme and reason in this club getting better and getting somewhat closer to competitive. Lumumba is obviously a step forward in that direction, not so obvious to some but trust me, it'll work out just fine if a deal can get done.

I'm pretty sure Roos wouldn't show any interest in a player who is as bad as a lot on here are portraying him to be.

He's the definition of a front runner, a downhill skier, a flat track bully.

He looked good when Collingwood were up and going but he really struggles when things are tough, it's not "hatin'" it's just reality.

Lumumba is not a good fit for Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back