Player Watch #5 Isaac Heeney

Remove this Banner Ad

capi_20204fe48fe689ed7f64257f118480f7_5448b88f13b55c5d56f99426e47adf40.jpeg

Isaac Heeney

Isaac Heeney is a crowd favourite and one of the best young players in the competition. The QBE Sydney Swans Academy graduate won the 2018 AFL Mark of the Year award, was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in two of his eligible four years and played his 100th senior game in 2019. Heeney can be used in the midfield, forward line – where he booted four goals in star teammate Lance Franklin’s absence in Round 20 last year – or as a loose man in defence.

Isaac Heeney
DOB: 05 May 1996
DEBUT: 2015
DRAFT: #18, 2014 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Cardiff (NSW)

I read it as the injury would be closer to 4 weeks than 6 weeks. This may be wishful thinking on my part though.

A lot of people don't seem to have noticed that Matt Cameron has been sidelined or locked in a cave somewhere. 4-6 weeks is no longer a death sentence, and he has never done any injury updates since.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like to pump up kids too much so early in their careers (one game at a time, right?), but he is an exciting talent. I'm just looking forward to seeing him play again.

I don't like to pump up kids too much so early in their careers (one game at a time, right?), but he is an exciting talent. I'm just looking forward to seeing him play again.

Have you already forgotten the game when he contributed 8 goals with 10 touches ;)

I'm just grateful to Eddie and the AFL for allowing him to play for us, as they know best. As an interstate franchise we are only invited guests in this competition after all.

Stuff that... pump him up. He is Rolls Royce :D

I humbly request to know how did you pull up after the reserves game? You are after all, Sir Heeney - posting amongst us mere mortals.

Haha...Na I'm just a stock standard BF keyboard warrior. Just poping in to pay my respects to future greatness

You're better than half the visitors we usually get from other boards *cough*Hawf flogs*cough* ;)

Good to see opposition fans appreciating Sir Isaac!

Nominated for Mark of the Year!

Produced one of the best goals of the round too. What a freak this kid is.
Imagine how many other talented NSW youngsters have been lost in the past because of a lack of opportunities. Heeney himself admitted he would have quit Aussie rules had the Swans academy not existed. He also said he was the only kid playing Aussie rules at any school he attended. Social pressure is a powerful thing when it comes to choosing a sport as a kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back