The SFA - Where the stars come to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at me, I'm a poet and I didn't know it.

Some on here have probably forgotten who I am due to, you know, not really posting on here over the past two and a bit years. But for those of you who remember me and how awesome and amazing I was - please stop, you're going to make me blush - you should listen up to what I'm here to talk to you about. Those of you who don't know me, I guess you guys can listen too, as it concerns you too.

Way down your list of options on that menu bar on the left, you'll see a sub-forum named 'Footy Games'. That sounds like fun, I hear you say, but what sorts of games? Well, if you open that up, you'll see a tab called 'Fantasy Footy League'. But I already play Super Coach, AFL Fantasy and AFL DT! I hear you say. All three? Get a life.

Fantasy Footy League is actually the gateway to the SFA, where YOU get to experience all the action and excitement of an AFL player all for the nominal fee of $300 paid directly to my bank account. Kidding. But the first bit was pretty much true. You join a side - there are 12 of them currently - and each week join your team mates in a lot of fun banter rubbishing the opposition. Then, come Sunday, we put everyone's names into a Sim, and it spits out a recreation of a game of AFL footy, with you a member of the side. It's pretty fun to track how you play, and each week hope for another win that could bring you Finals glory and perhaps even a Premiership.

Guys like Millky95 and SSwans2011 are already on there, but frankly they play for rubbish sides.

While there is no side affiliated with the Sydney Swans, myself and Hatchy1992 captain a side named Geelong Wolves - with no affiliation with the Cats, promise! In fact the team draws its members from a range of different AFL sides, and you'd be surprised how likeable some of them can be.

You can find more information here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sfa-information-sign-up-thread-season-19.1085435/

TL;DR Version
The SFA is a really fun way to waste time at work/school by posting banter with a bunch of friendly people. Follow the link here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/sfa-information-sign-up-thread-season-19.1085435/ designate Geelong Wolves as the side you want to join, and hey presto! You're in.

Or you could not join a shite side like the Wolves, and instead you could hop aboard the Wonders wagon with myself and PVF.

Yes, some would argue that we are the Collingwood of the competition, but I prefer to think of us as the Swans. We have made several unsuccessful applications for COLA, despite West Coast being an overwhelmingly expensive place to live, being near the Colosseum and all. Furthermore, we've also had a history that has mirrored the Swans' history at times. For example, we also brought back an all-time great years after their retirement. Boy, that was a laugh.

Speaking of history; next season is our 20th, which means such opportunities will arise as playing in the biggest Home & Away fixture the Sweet FA has ever seen - the 20th Foundation Cup. It will be a fiercely contested... contest (?) between us and the only other remaining team to have been a part of the Sweet FA since day one - the Mount Buller Demons. 15 years of history, and you could play in the biggest H&A fixture the competition has seen thus far in your first season!

Anyhoo, my crumpets are getting cold, so I'll wrap this up. Come join us!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/west-coast-wonders-season-19-team-thread.1084657/

tl;dr: Boo Wolves, yay Wonders. Join us.

I aint gonna make no long ass fancy post about my club.

You love to drink? You love to have fun? Then I suggest you go underground and come to SIN City and join the SIN City Swamprats. We are building towards years of success after the sim screwed us of finals. As a club we love any drink and most importantly, a good ******* time

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-thread-toots-hibbert-medalist-toxic.1082038/

Take a look, and party it up with the Swamprats

Shhhh... take the pre-season loss. We know you picked the wrong side during the off season (should've sent you a recruitment PM ;) )but next year baby. Next year :)

I'll send you (another) recruitment PM in a minute. :mad:

SM He's trying to steal your biggest pre-season recruit.

I'll send you (another) recruitment PM in a minute. :mad:

SM He's trying to steal your biggest pre-season recruit.
Go for it :) Maybe I'll send you one right after

Not steeling. Simply telling you to follow your heart. I know you're confused but you seem really interested with the Swamprats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back