Can someone please explain Toasties to me

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Bedders, ditto - you’re definitely on my favourite poster list (as is caesar).

But when did a Henry become a Charles? I can’t keep up with these royal family shenanigans.

… and of course there is James the Hird who posts a bit and polices the media thread.

Toasties are the topic that unites this board

Potato cakes separate us, because some fools thing that are scallops
I concur.

It's a CAKE of POTATO! How do you have a scallop of potato?

Yes, there are scalloped potatoes, but they are soft, cheesy & saucy. Did some unworldly person one day venture upon a potato cake without knowing its real name and say, 'Wow, this crunchy battered, yet soft in the middle big cake of potato reminds me of a soft, saucy, cheesy plate of small chopped potatoes called scalloped potatoes...well I might as well call it a potato scallop then because it's sooo similar!'... and then the word spread to many, many other unquestioning dwellers of this country?? Argh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had this debate with my Year 3's. I used to call it scissors, paper, rock but when playing tend to say rock, paper, scissors, shoot so now have swapped.

you must be knackered after spending a year with Y3s.

Teachers have my respect. I reckon I’d survive til little lunch before flipping out. I barely survived part time teaching at a Uni.

you must be knackered after spending a year with Y3s.

Teachers have my respect. I reckon I’d survive til little lunch before flipping out. I barely survived part time teaching at a Uni.
Had a ripper class this year. One of the easiest classes I've ever taught, kids had a sense of humour, gave a s**t about their learning and treated each other with respect. The paperwork and covering sick staff through term 2 and 3 nearly killed me though.

Had a ripper class this year. One of the easiest classes I've ever taught, kids had a sense of humour, gave a s**t about their learning and treated each other with respect. The paperwork and covering sick staff through term 2 and 3 nearly killed me though.
I do a little relief teaching at a primary school. They always put me on the naughty kids. I work well with them. I talk to them. They are great mostly when they are with me. Some kids are violent. I take them out of class kick a few footys with them. They go back and are OK.
Some kids are a bit of a long term project. I have their respect but I cannot always control them always. I like working with them though. We have lots of good days.

I do a little relief teaching at a primary school. They always put me on the naughty kids. I work well with them. I talk to them. They are great mostly when they are with me. Some kids are violent. I take them out of class kick a few footys with them. They go back and are OK.
Some kids are a bit of a long term project. I have their respect but I cannot always control them always. I like working with them though. We have lots of good days.
It's amazing how listening to and getting to know and understand the students removes a majority of the problems. Not rocket science, yet some of our colleagues still haven't worked it out.

No idea what the Toasties thing is in reference to. (Maybe I should read this thread), somehow it feels up the way of The Roomies thing that was a thing 8+ years ago or something. No idea what that was, either.

In a fierce argument today with someone about what constitutes a doughnut.

A doughnut must have a hole in it. a holeless doughnut is the stuff that of literal nightmares.

Has the world gone mad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back