The showing of gruesome injuries on the telecast

Remove this Banner Ad

The thread was stopped from talking about it, comrade.
No, the thread was cleaned up not from talking about the injury at all, it was cleaned up from the mindless fighting and name calling over it, no one cleaned up the actual talk of the injury…there’s pages and pages of injury talk from lots of people.
Don’t make stuff up.

Last edited:
No need to show it over and over, maybe one replay and that’s it. Anyone who wants to get all trauma pr0n all over it can go find it.
I smashed my arm to bits few months ago and it’s definitely something I’m not going out of my way to see.

No need to show it over and over, maybe one replay and that’s it. Anyone who wants to get all trauma pr0n all over it can go find it.
I smashed my arm to bits few months ago and it’s definitely something I’m not going out of my way to see.
I agree, one proper closeup replay is fine. Anyone who wants to see it again can replay and watch it as much as they like. Don’t think they should be censoring it completely though.

I would say a line is crossed when the injury features a protruding bone, as was apparently the case last night.

I didn't want to see the extent of the injury last night, Howe's expression said it all. It's each broadcast channels right of course though given what happened last night, I think they made the right call. We can only imagine how horrid the injury was. We see twisted knees, dislocations, concussions often, protruding bones I think doesn't need to be shown.

I was at the ground on the wing when Brown broke his leg v Melbourne. You could hear the crack. That was something else......

Hope Howe recovers quickly, quality footballer and much admired bloke.
I was watching that game on telly. they must have replayed it 10 times. Yes I did look away, but the pull of having another look was strong.

I remember when Nathan Brown broke his leg one of the opposition players said they nearly threw up when they saw what he’d done.

I’m glad they didn’t show replays of Jeremy Howe. I’ve seen a screenshot of it and it’s horrible. Poor bloke.

Never minded it to be honest.
I sliced up my hand pretty bad a few years ago and they had to bring in a plastic surgeon to re-attach the tendons and I was asked if I wanted to be put to sleep but opted for a local and I wanted to watch while they worked on the hand. If you wish they said.
Was actually amazing seeing how fine and coordinated everything is under there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the difference between and injury and an accidental high bump? I am curious about injuries because I want to know the extent of the injury and how long the player will be out for. It does feels a little bit crass tho. Can see the other side of the coin.

I thought they handled it pretty well. Don't need to show it, it was obvious it was bad when they showed him twitching on the ground immediately after.

Whether or not I care to watch it, it would be more respectful for his family and friends for it not to be aired. That's their mate / son / husband.

viewers sitting at home demanding a FTA TV station to show a footage...LOL, yeah nah it's not like an essential service from Medicare is owed to each and every John/Jane Citizen. The demands to stop showing Nafan Brown on betting ads....how's that going ?

ppl scream: just show the footage, it's OK, the world will still go on, the sky won't fall....well guess what, if the footage wasn't shown the world would still go on, the sky won't fall and oxygen is not quickly running out for some reason.

ppl say harden up !!! it's just an injury....yet THEY can't harden up to wait 10 mins and it'll be all over the internet !!!

ppl want to see another person in pain (like it's their right) hmmmm yeah well, think I'll stop here....

ps: if ppl don't like ch7 FTA coverage, turn it off, the world will go on, the sky won't fall...

Not only shouldn’t they show it, the league should remove it from having ever happened - some kind of mass memory wipe or time travel - not sure which will be easier.

It’s about time they fixed this issue for good!

viewers sitting at home demanding a FTA TV station to show a footage...LOL, yeah nah it's not like an essential service from Medicare is owed to each and every John/Jane Citizen. The demands to stop showing Nafan Brown on betting ads....how's that going ?

ppl scream: just show the footage, it's OK, the world will still go on, the sky won't fall....well guess what, if the footage wasn't shown the world would still go on, the sky won't fall and oxygen is not quickly running out for some reason.

ppl say harden up !!! it's just an injury....yet THEY can't harden up to wait 10 mins and it'll be all over the internet !!!

ppl want to see another person in pain (like it's their right) hmmmm yeah well, think I'll stop here....

ps: if ppl don't like ch7 FTA coverage, turn it off, the world will go on, the sky won't fall...
The sky won't fall either way but it's the cancel mob who are the ones making a conceded effort in applying censorship and changes to otherwise normal transmission, not anyone else, therefore the sook up is on them. For the 'harden uppers' it's not as simple as them having a sook or being soft about it, it's them being annoyed that they're no longer allowed to watch a game of footy from start to finish including every aspect and reality of a game. We all watch the game knowing very well the risks involved and what could happen. No broadcaster should be able to play the moral high horse and cherry pick what aspects of the game it wants removed from viewership. If you don't want to show the whole damn thing then give it to one who will.

Up until now those kinds of injuries were always shown, and guess what? No one was obliged to keep their eyes peeled on the screen, it was a none issue either way. Yeah you can say big deal it is what it is just get on with it, but with that attitude it allows censorship to encroach on society more and more. Next you won't ever be able to see a replay of a kozzie picket like launch to the head because it insights violence and isn't family friendly... So it ain't about being a sook for the sake of it, it just gets to the point where it becomes a nuisance.

The sky won't fall either way but it's the cancel mob who are the ones making a conceded effort in applying censorship and changes to otherwise normal transmission, not anyone else, therefore the sook up is on them. For the 'harden uppers' it's not as simple as them having a sook or being soft about it, it's them being annoyed that they're no longer allowed to watch a game of footy from start to finish including every aspect and reality of a game. We all watch the game knowing very well the risks involved and what could happen. No broadcaster should be able to play the moral high horse and cherry pick what aspects of the game it wants removed from viewership. If you don't want to show the whole damn thing then give it to one who will.

Up until now those kinds of injuries were always shown, and guess what? No one was obliged to keep their eyes peeled on the screen, it was a none issue either way. Yeah you can say big deal it is what it is just get on with it, but with that attitude it allows censorship to encroach on society more and more. Next you won't ever be able to see a replay of a kozzie picket like launch to the head because it insights violence and isn't family friendly... So it ain't about being a sook for the sake of it, it just gets to the point where it becomes a nuisance.
oh it's a nuisance not seeing footage of someone breaking his arm...now i know.

some ppl can move on with or without seeing the footage (I have)...and some can't. Shrug.

here ya go...break a leg ?

I replayed it a few times while they were getting him ready to get on the stretcher by skipping back on Kayo. Couldn't see anything at all disturbing from the vision to warrant them not replaying it.

oh it's a nuisance not seeing footage of someone breaking his arm...now i know.

some ppl can move on with or without seeing the footage (I have)...and some can't. Shrug.

here ya go...break a leg ?
How stoic you are with your ability to move on is irrelevant, the point is flying over your head. The broadcaster shouldn't determine on behalf of everyone what's moral and what's not. Show the lot and let people make their own decision.

People wanting to see it don't have their hand down their pants waiting for the footage. A glimpse of the reality which occured is general curiosity. And yes needing to find a link requiring log in details is a nuisance.

I don't go to a buffet ready to be enraged about seeing vegan options, but quite naturally be annoyed if the meat options were completely taken away. Will the world end? No. Is it still an invasion of our autonomy? Yes.

Funny that the sky definitely would not have fell if you didn't post on big footy, but you still felt the desire to do so👀. Weird how it works aye.

Last edited:
How stoic you are with your ability to move on is irrelevant, the point is flying over your head. The broadcaster shouldn't determine on behalf of everyone what's moral and what's not. Show the lot and let people make their own decision.

People wanting to see it don't have their hand down their pants waiting for the footage. A glimpse of the reality which occured is general curiosity. And yes needing to find a link requiring log in details is a nuisance.

I don't go to a buffet ready to be enraged about seeing vegan options, but quite naturally be annoyed if the meat options were completely taken away. Will the world end? No. Is it still an invasion of our autonomy? Yes.
hey mate, don't take this the wrong way but try to find more worthwhile things to spend your time on.

If you think you are the one to tell the broadcaster how to broadcast a program, then fine, use the link I gave you or contact them other ways.

No you shouldn't need to login anything to find that footage, reddit, twitter, probably more but I'm not that savvy.

The restaurant owner has all the rights to put whatever he/she wants on the menu and yes 100% the customers will have their say with their wallets, one wrong move and the business could go bust.

now, stoic ? I have a brain tumour, removed in 2019, it came back, had to go under the knife again last Dec. Right now, having DAILY radiation...yeah you know the usual stuff like hair falling out...so you see, I see things differently, the tumour is my mountain to climb, everything else are just tiny little bumps in the road...not worth having a hissy fit over.

hey mate, don't take this the wrong way but try to find more worthwhile things to spend your time on.

If you think you are the one to tell the broadcaster how to broadcast a program, then fine, use the link I gave you or contact them other ways.

No you shouldn't need to login anything to find that footage, reddit, twitter, probably more but I'm not that savvy.

The restaurant owner has all the rights to put whatever he/she wants on the menu and yes 100% the customers will have their say with their wallets, one wrong move and the business could go bust.

now, stoic ? I have a brain tumour, removed in 2019, it came back, had to go under the knife again last Dec. Right now, having DAILY radiation...yeah you know the usual stuff like hair falling out...so you see, I see things differently, the tumour is my mountain to climb, everything else are just tiny little bumps in the road...not worth having a hissy fit over.
Not sure anyone is having a hissy fit. It was just an observation that something normal has been censored, yet again. Anyone being concerned about that or having a desire to watch the injury is no different to you feeling the desire to post on big footy. The sky won't fall if you didn't post anything yet you still feel the desire to. I'm sure there are plenty out there who would think big footy is a complete and utter waste of valuable time. You see, everyones world revolves around themselves and even your own posts show that you felt the need to let others know that you find their concerns silly/amusing because they are different to your own opinion. Ironic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back