The Space Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Well all I hear lately is people's issues. me me me. People are so frustrated. Inflation, cost of living and all this stuff.

Let me just for a second bring you back down to earth and I want to let you know your minor issues in life right now just how much of a big deal they are. Let's put it into perspective.
This photo here is the Sun next to Earth.
Did you see it. Might need your glasses as that tiny little dot. Well that's our planet. That's Earth. So when you think of your issues in life going on right now that you think are massive. I just want you to know you live on this small dot of a planet in the universe and compared to what's really going on in the universe you pretty much barely exist. A little tiny speck in a little tiny speck of a planet called earth. So don't be afraid to do things you want to do in life because the speck that is you right now has really nothing to loose. Who cares about your issues. Your just a tiny dot doing little tiny dot things so be proud of being a little tiny dot. We all think our lives are massive but in the context of things the universe wouldn't even know Earth is there let alone you the tiny little speck of a dot.

Hope that helps you today when you out there stressing about life stuff. How little you actually mean. Also today is Friday the 13th. Enjoy life and your day today you little tiny speck.
bf8bb260dbe9f0a4a3bf37c1802de05e.jpg

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Well this was a bad idea.

Can go with the other shitty threads.

Haven't done it anywhere as much as I used to but it's why I enjoy going for a walk and looking up at the night sky.
It's kind of a peaceful thought though when you think how big the universe is compared to Earth. We really are tiny compared to other planets. Makes you wonder if there is other living creatures on some other planets out there. There would have to be. We can't be the only living planet in the universe. Earth is tiny.

To go one step further there is this massive huge black hole out there sucking up anything that comes near it. Compared that this is what the black hole size is in comparison to our whole solar system.

40 billions times bigger then the sun.
Doesn't that put things into perspective when you actually think about how tiny Earth actually is.
99579271281687dac629dd49148cbb4e.jpg

Came in here for interesting discussion about space.

disappointment GIF
Haha you can turn it around and make it interesting.

The thread is about space so let your minds discuss any space issues you want.
Where do we start. Anyone into space. Who owns a telescope lol. Enlighten us on the topic.

Haven't done it anywhere as much as I used to but it's why I enjoy going for a walk and looking up at the night sky.

the wife and i do that having a drink around the fire pit, just looking at the stars, trying to spot something out of the norm

on a school camp, we camped on the banks of the Murray, sleeping under the stars, it looks so much different then it does in the city

All of the planets in our solar system can fit in between the earth and the moon
sub-buzz-1683-1597705777-14.png
This is the kind of quality content I was looking for Billy ray

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are they still looking at an exploratory mission into Uranus yet?

Seem to remember them talking about it on the ABC recently.
They better buy me dinner first

This stat blows my mind as well > If the Earth formed at midnight and the present moment is the next midnight, 24 hours later, modern humans have been around since 11:59:59pm—1 second.

We humans really do suffer from gross delusions of grandeur.
f-d%3A9691ed2f3aa8e0caeab6f4759697516829d096a8610222a56893766d%2BIMAGE_THUMB_POSTCARD_TINY%2BIMAGE_THUMB_POSTCARD_TINY.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back