Universal Love The special relationship between club and community

Remove this Banner Ad

And of course the people who are the personality type to cope with it will get immediately vilified as being all about self promotion by the numpties.
I'd expect it'd be like many sports, where the first 'official' outed player is an ex-player. As for the current player, whichever club he belongs to is going to benefit. Any drop off from troglodytes would be more then offset by that club becoming the club of choice for many (at least until all clubs have players who have identified as homosexual / bi-sexual). Port has a few nuffie supporters, but given we've always as a club been ahead of the curve on players from all racial backgrounds, those that are -ist of any sort have mostly been long since weeded out (or not followed us to begin with as a 'can't follow a team with all those non-whites!') long ago.

Having seen the benefit AFLW has had in bringing in new supporters to football, in the cold hard light of clubs finances I'd be more than happy for Port to be the first club with a player who is comfortable announcing they aren't hetrosexual (and I'm sure we some on the list).

Grêmio had the first openly homosexual supporters’ group that I know. In the late 70’s and early 80’s, there was the “Coligay”:

4F5958C3-31D7-4EEC-8E41-B2FCB30384C9.jpeg

They would make fun of themselves. “Gay” in the original sense of the term.

The name was after a gay night club of the time (“Coliseu”), in which the founders met and had the idea to create the group.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back