Club History The Sth Melb/Sydney Swans history thread: 150 years 1874 - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Mr Horace, what was the atmosphere like at the ground that day ?

Oddly enough I am not in the least surprised you asked the question.

Well Lloyd Perris was faster, the atmosphere was magical. After an initial misunderstanding about my red and white Toga (colloquially known as the Caesar…. No not you 88!).I was allowed admission and allowed to sit with the other oldsters.

The atmosphere was a combination of electric, gas from some problematic pies and sheer and utter bedlam. I was so beside myself I was in stereo before it was invented.

Twas truly a grand day. After some celebrations at the Club and Clarendon St I ended up in Chinatown chowing down on dumplings, playing a few games of Fantan and smoking from a tube. In short the 09:GF proved a magical day.

Oddly enough I am not in the least surprised you asked the question.

Well Lloyd Perris was faster, the atmosphere was magical. After an initial misunderstanding about my red and white Toga (colloquially known as the Caesar…. No not you 88!).I was allowed admission and allowed to sit with the other oldsters.

The atmosphere was a combination of electric, gas from some problematic pies and sheer and utter bedlam. I was so beside myself I was in stereo before it was invented.

Twas truly a grand day. After some celebrations at the Club and Clarendon St I ended up in Chinatown chowing down on dumplings, playing a few games of Fantan and smoking from a tube. In short the 09:GF proved a magical day.
I can tell by your post that you sir are a terrific fella. All the best to you.

Lots of familiar faces at Club HQ tonight.

Meantime that 150th scarf looks mint but there are only so many scarves I can have...

Was hoping for way more gear to be available honestly - not a single hoodie that looks even remotely retro or heritage-y:cryv1:

Surely they'll release more 150th gear? I was looking forward to getting another beanie. Scarf looks great but $85 is quite expensive...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheer, cheer the red and the white: Sydney Swans the first team in the world to pull on the now iconic colour pairing

Swans chief executive Tom Harley said the club historians had done the research and he was proud to nail the Swans’ red and white to the mast as the world’s oldest professional team to wear the colours.

1711076565701.jpeg

Chad Warner makes me moist

Honest question. If the club is celebrating 150 years, why aren't the 5 Premierships we won under the VFA counted as part of our Premiership tally? It was the top level competition until it made way for VFL...

Honest question. If the club is celebrating 150 years, why aren't the 5 Premierships we won under the VFA counted as part of our Premiership tally? It was the top level competition until it made way for VFL...
I read this morning somewhere we actually do count these premierships.

I read this morning somewhere we actually do count these premierships.
But not as part of AFL Premiership tally's. I guess I can see why, but the VFA was the only top level competition until clubs broke away to form VFL. I guess there it could go either way, but they're probably excluded on a technicality.

But not as part of AFL Premiership tally's. I guess I can see why, but the VFA was the only top level competition until clubs broke away to form VFL. I guess there it could go either way, but they're probably excluded on a technicality.
It would explain why we had more than 5 premiership cups before our first game. I counted 10.

They don't and won't do it because then it opens doors for clubs like Port try to claim their 5,000 SANFL flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back