The Terrorism Files - 2015, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... ok so if I was a Christian that is "fanatical"...
but if I followed another religion that is ok as it fits within the paramaters of multiculturalism.
A loathing of the western judeo-Christian tradition is the first step in the eventual demise of this country.

I might respect Christianity from afar for all you know. I might respect its values, as I respect SOME of the values of philosophers such as Nietszche, Voltaire and Francis Bacon amongst others. I never confirmed whether or not I was a Christian but you presumed I was based on the fact that I think it is inappropriate for Turnbull to be speaking about his religion on the day of another religion.

If we have a national day of worship of multiculturalism (which is not too far fetched) then Turnbull can go for it for all I care...but a little bit of respect of the values of Christianity (Whether one believes or not) is in order on this day.
If someone was in this thread, outraged that our PM was talking about issues, instead of praising Allah, and did everything the exact same as you, but for Islam instead of Christianity, I'd call that person a fanatic as well.

This idea that religion is the most important thing in life.., is more dangerous than not caring about Easter...

Yep, I said that, because sometimes enough is enough.
It seems if you are not against something then you must be. I abhor religion, it does more harm than good.
Have seen families destroyed by it, including mine by Scientology.
Still two out of three ain't bad.
I will admit though, I have Turkish, Lebanese and Malaysian friends that are Muslim, and they are fantastic people and some on here wouldn't come close to them as decent people!
What is your point?

Why do people keep thinking Maggie is Muslim?

Is it the racial issue, because she has mentioned being a refugee?

People just link Islam with refugees?

Or is there a quote somewhere where she stated she was a Muslim??
You know, I wish I believed and were, as this would give the nut jobs something to attack on a regular basis.

i doubt that any real Muslim would admit to it on this site as they would be hounded for it without anyone ever meeting them. So much hate.

I remember one poster trying to explain and haven't seen him since.

Multicultural Australia? Not in this thread.

Yep, I said that, because sometimes enough is enough.
It seems if you are not against something then you must be. I abhor religion, it does more harm than good.
Have seen families destroyed by it, including mine by Scientology.
Still two out of three ain't bad.
I will admit though, I have Turkish, Lebanese and Malaysian friends that are Muslim, and they are fantastic people and some on here wouldn't come close to them as decent people!
What is your point?
So you're just a liar?
Thank god they didn't realise I was Muslim too.;)

Having come from a Muslim family, I think that it would have been difficult for her to say what she believed in as there are certain restrictions. Not fair or right but I can understand her position.

I am basing my experiences of being born a Muslim

So you're just a liar?
Liar might be a bit strong, based my posts on friends experience, tried that once and this type of evidence is laughed at, so used first hand. Didn't realise that you would make it your mission to follow my posts so diligently.

Again what is your point?

Last edited:
Liar might be a bit strong, based my posts on friends experience, tried that once and this type of evidence is laughed, so used first hand. Didn't realise that you would make it your mission to follow my posts so diligently.

Again what is your point?
No that's definitely lying.
Point is you can't be an atheist and a Muslim at the same time so sticking to the truth from now on would help. :thumbsu:

No that's definitely lying.
Point is you can't be an atheist and a Muslim at the same time so sticking to the truth from now on would help. :thumbsu:
Is that your point?
It just makes me mad to see a group of people because of their race or religion tarred with the same brush because of a minority. Dangerous minority I would agree.
People don't realise the harm it can cause, nor how it can alienate them. Some of my friends have been abused and they are only wearing a headscarf going along minding their own business. You think that is okay?
As I said I can recall a poster after the Paris bombing trying to explain his religion on here and I haven't seen him since.

The irony of this post....so you believe on Easter Day it is important to be speaking about multiculturalism.

The fact is the White Australia policy in 1940s was just as inflexible as "our" passion for multiculturalism today.

"Terrorism is just a fad"..you say....

"terrorism is an irritant" said Waleed Aly.

where is the difference in your arguments? You are just reusing the arguments you get from The Project and the ABC...I presume you watch quite a bit of both.

People have to think for themselves, but they can't as they follow slavishly their media and politicians who dictate opinions/thoughts to them. Notice how we're all on board with multiculturalism. Why can't we argue the merits of it? Because multiculturalism is A RELIGION.

Re - people thinking for themselves....Reminds me of the Monty Python skit "you are all individuals" "YES WE'RE ALL INDIVIDUALS" says 3000 people all at once.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/timblair/index.php/dailytelegraph/let_us_speak_maturely/

FTR I would love to see the ABC reform or close its doors and don't watch the project.

FTR I am an atheist but have real concerns regarding religious organisations and anyone religious other than those who are "ish" jew"ish, chistian"ish", muslim"ish". once you remove the "ish" you're generally dealing with a nut bag.

lastly terrorism is only justifiable if there is not a forum to redress a grievance. part of the reason why I don't get excited by this terrorism s**t is just about every powerful nation hates it and thus we can crush it whenever we want. but the reality is, the issue simply doesn't warrant to social cost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was the question? And what does this poster have to do with anything?
Don't you read replies?
I was referring to my female Muslim friend that is an Australian Muslim (since the 60's) so not young, wears western clothing but also wears a scarf and has been abused on several occasions by both male and females.
I asked is that okay?

Don't you read replies?
I was referring to my female Muslim friend that is an Australian Muslim (since the 60's) so not young, wears western clothing but also wears a scarf and has been abused on several occasions by both male and females.
I asked is that okay?
Of course not. I dislike Muslims who refuse to assimilate, hate western culture and sympathise with terrorists. Wearing a head scarf doesn't tell me any of those things.

Of course not. I dislike Muslims who refuse to assimilate, hate western culture and sympathise with terrorists. Wearing a head scarf doesn't tell me any of those things.
How many like that do you know?
I don't know any, in fact the ones I know have become more Aussie than Aussies. To the point they have probably compromised their religion by drinking alcohol. Further because of the western society and assimilation have at last even achieved equality in their marriage.
It just concerns me that the adults can handle the criticism but not sure how their children will handle it.
Look at that teenage girl in year 12 that has been charged with sending money to IS. What in the hell goes on in that mind? How did her parents not know?
One thing that I haven't read about is how did the police know. I am hoping a member of the Muslim community was the ones that told them.
This is one area that I know that they are really taking seriously.
The world has a real problem with terrorism and I am not sure how it will end but what to do about I really don't know. So many millions seeking refuge, what to do with them, where do you send them? Impossible to lock them all up or send them back as most don't have a home to go to.
It is difficult to have a reasonable discussion on this as you are then accused of either supporting terrorism or a bleeding heart.
But the continual hate and vitriol against Muslims in general will not help in their assilimilating especially her in Australia because again the ones I know think they have.

How many like that do you know?
I don't know any, in fact the ones I know have become more Aussie than Aussies. To the point they have probably compromised their religion by drinking alcohol. Further because of the western society and assimilation have at last even achieved equality in their marriage.
It just concerns me that the adults can handle the criticism but not sure how their children will handle it.
Look at that teenage girl in year 12 that has been charged with sending money to IS. What in the hell goes on in that mind? How did her parents not know?
One thing that I haven't read about is how did the police know. I am hoping a member of the Muslim community was the ones that told them.
This is one area that I know that they are really taking seriously.
The world has a real problem with terrorism and I am not sure how it will end but what to do about I really don't know. So many millions seeking refuge, what to do with them, where do you send them? Impossible to lock them all up or send them back as most don't have a home to go to.
It is difficult to have a reasonable discussion on this as you are then accused of either supporting terrorism or a bleeding heart.
But the continual hate and vitriol against Muslims in general will not help in their assilimilating especially her in Australia because again the ones I know think they have.

i know many. Still they are in the minority but i know plenty. The point you are missing out is that no one here is blaming the vast majority of the Muslim population for this. Would you admit that our very own aboriginal communities have problems? or does that make ever indigenous person including myself trouble? the first step is admission, that there is a problem. You are comparing Australia with Europe/Middle east which is completely different demographics. Countries like France/Belgium have real problems with assimilation, just ask anyone living there. (Just dont ask MaddAdam). The Dice Man lives in france, send him a PM, ask him what he thinks in this 12 months in France, he'll tell you. Admitting that there is a problem, is not saying that everyone is a terrorist. Muslim Ghettos are the breeding ground for extremism. I just pasted an article from newsweek yesterday. How will mass migration to a couple of selected countries will solve the problem? it will make matters much worse. I would rather divert the countrys resources in assimilating these disgruntled individuals than inviting new people. The migration problem would never have been a problem with Muslim countries accepted refugees. Yes Jordan and Turkey are housing them, but are they really hosting them? according to refugee convention 1951 refugees must have the access to the labor market. Muslim countries dont want them, but everyone is pointing finger at EU countries where Sweden has taken close to 2% of their population last year alone. How much do you think is enough? do you think Sweden should take 10% of their population, is that where you draw the line? or do you think we can go upto 20/30/40 percent of the population with an infinite dollar tree funding them? this problem should never have been a problem if refugees agree to the relocation program between the EU 28 states, but guess what? its either "my way or highway" for them.. Germany or Sweden. Meh!

i know many. Still they are in the minority but i know plenty. The point you are missing out is that no one here is blaming the vast majority of the Muslim population for this. Would you admit that our very own aboriginal communities have problems? or does that make ever indigenous person including myself trouble? the first step is admission, that there is a problem. You are comparing Australia with Europe/Middle east which is completely different demographics. Countries like France/Belgium have real problems with assimilation, just ask anyone living there. (Just dont ask MaddAdam). The Dice Man lives in france, send him a PM, ask him what he thinks in this 12 months in France, he'll tell you. Admitting that there is a problem, is not saying that everyone is a terrorist. Muslim Ghettos are the breeding ground for extremism. I just pasted an article from newsweek yesterday. How will mass migration to a couple of selected countries will solve the problem? it will make matters much worse. I would rather divert the countrys resources in assimilating these disgruntled individuals than inviting new people. The migration problem would never have been a problem with Muslim countries accepted refugees. Yes Jordan and Turkey are housing them, but are they really hosting them? according to refugee convention 1951 refugees must have the access to the labor market. Muslim countries dont want them, but everyone is pointing finger at EU countries where Sweden has taken close to 2% of their population last year alone. How much do you think is enough? do you think Sweden should take 10% of their population, is that where you draw the line? or do you think we can go upto 20/30/40 percent of the population with an infinite dollar tree funding them? this problem should never have been a problem if refugees agree to the relocation program between the EU 28 states, but guess what? its either "my way or highway" for them.. Germany or Sweden. Meh!
I truly understand your situation as you travel and live there so you are faced with terrorism on a daily basis, but what is the solution?
What do you do with the refugees that are there and those that continue to come?

You are absolutely right countries like Lebanon and Turkey can only take so much and incidentally both have had their share of bombings as thanks!
The other wealthy Arab countries think by giving money absolves them of any responsibilty.
Further the UN is a toothless tiger as the situation is almost unmanageable

In so far as the ghettos, how did these become this way?

I know in Australia with the different wave of immigrants they initially lived in the one area (Dandenong, Footscray, Shepparton etc and in fact I was surprised to see so many Vietnamese shops in Victoria St, Richmond recently) but eventually the next generation will live in other areas.

Australia is lucky that is surrounded by water and easier to protect the borders.

I don't have a solution but I do have a problem with posters that that generalise about a group of people who they believe don't assimilate as I am reminded how hard my family tried to fit in when you are constantly told you are not welcome. So I am more than a bit sensitive about it.

Forgot to address your reference to indigenous people, no I don't think they are trouble in fact I live next door to an Aboriginal family and sure they have some issues but none that affect me. I get on really well with them, they are on a low income so borrow my lawn mower and tools on a regular basis.

Forgot to address your reference to indigenous people, no I don't think they are trouble in fact I live next door to an Aboriginal family and sure they have some issues but none that affect me. I get on really well with them, they are on a low income so borrow my lawn mower and tools on a regular basis.
Exactly, we actually think quite similarly. I dont think Muslims are trouble, but is there problem with Muslim communities? hell yeah! so say no its "head in sand" stuff. I dont think you understand my posts well cause i think you reckon i hate Muslims, i actually am good friends with lots of Muslims, some are liberal, rest - i never dare to joke about their Prophet. I dont have a problem with their beliefs but every one of them that i know (yes anecdotal anyway so i am not suggesting that this is the case) think that Islam is perfect while humans are not. Hence they make mistakes. This is where i have a problem..but i want to live, so i dont get to that argument with them.
I truly understand your situation as you travel and live there so you are faced with terrorism on a daily basis, but what is the solution?
What do you do with the refugees that are there and those that continue to come?

I want the refugees to take the relocation scheme in the EU 28 states or go back to Turkey. If they want to country-shop, i have no sympathy for them. Over 9,000 people been allocated to Spain from Germany thus far, only 11 have actually moved. Spain is a nice country, surely a hell lot better than Syria ever was. Their refusal to move to Spain shows me that they are economic migrants. Why blackmail Europe into accepting them? everytime i open the guardian website i see photos of kids. These newspapers serve a purpose, just like websites like dailymail serve their purpose by sensationalising headlines as well. They are both extreme IMO.
You are absolutely right countries like Lebanon and Turkey can only take so much and incidentally both have had their share of bombings as thanks!
The other wealthy Arab countries think by giving money absolves them of any responsibilty.
Further the UN is a toothless tiger as the situation is almost unmanageable

Why not impose sanctions on nations refusing to take refugees? this cannot be that is a European or Canadian problem only. US has only taken a few thousand refugees when this war was started by them. But we are all slaves to the US!

In so far as the ghettos, how did these become this way?
I can only quote the Swedish example as i lived there for a decade. Sweden took more than it can handle. In some suburbs you get more than 40 percent unemployed. The Swedish labour market demands formal qualifications to be employed first and 90 percent of these refugees dont have one. Half of them dont even complete school. This brings me to my first concern that 80 percent of the current refugees dont have a formal qualification. Second they dont know the language and last but not the least according to the german data half of them work in trades which are not in demand in Germany. My question to you or anyone advocating free migration is, how is it helping the cause of de-radicalisation? how are you not helping create another ghetto? it may look humane to you by taking 3 million refugees but i guarantee you there will be parallel socieities created in Germany like there is in france, sweden and belgium in a few years time. IMHO we have our work cut out with the number of disgruntled individuals we already have in Europe. You are asking for more of the same failed policies hoping that it will work this time? it wont, you will create bigger ghettos and bigger monsters. In France 70% of the prison population is Muslim! in Belgium its 45%. Despite having only 6% of its population Muslim only. These are damning numbers which you cannot ignore. In Sweden the number is similar but our dear ole Scandinvians will never publish data based on religion.

130,000 refugees went missing in Germany. Germany cannot seem to deport anyone. They have no papers, will never have any legal paper, they neither can be deported cause they dont have legal paperwork with them They will remain illegal. What chances do they have of a life they came to Europe for? do you think they are ideal candidates for "plug and play radicalisation" as Newsweek puts it? Germany simply do not have the resources to take millions and millions despite what Frau Merkel would want you to believe. So if people come here and dont qualify for asylum and you cannot deport them, what would you have? this is what happened to France and Sweden specially with North Africans.

So i ask you this. Are you better off dealing with the problem we already have, or we are over that and we are ready to take millions more?

Last edited:
FTR I would love to see the ABC reform or close its doors and don't watch the project.

FTR I am an atheist but have real concerns regarding religious organisations and anyone religious other than those who are "ish" jew"ish, chistian"ish", muslim"ish". once you remove the "ish" you're generally dealing with a nut bag.

lastly terrorism is only justifiable if there is not a forum to redress a grievance. part of the reason why I don't get excited by this terrorism s**t is just about every powerful nation hates it and thus we can crush it whenever we want. but the reality is, the issue simply doesn't warrant to social cost.

The only problem being that our cultural elites DON'T want (or have the willpower) to crush terrorism.

Did you analyse the news the cultural elites are giving you?

What are they saying underneath the message?

Brussels followed the same pattern as the Paris attacks.

1) Je Su Charlie phrase. This is the phrase when the people are "Being defiant" "showing their unity" (according to Carl Stefanovic and all the rest of them) .....by laying flowers for the dead in a square. That is their picture of "the defiant". Doesn't this look like people who have given up on their politicians? We can hold hands and fight terrorism by holding up an empty placard.

Underlying message? we are fighting it by being "unified" (ie doing nothing).

2) 2nd phrase - someone is to blame other than the actual terrorists. Andrew O'Keefe on Channel 7 - what are his qualifications by the way>? ..was saying terrorism is due to them being "young males" not their religion. With the Brussels one all the media outlets are blaming the Belgium officials for "not heeding Turkey's warning" of the movement of one of the terrorists. Oh ok so the media want you to believe that it is the Belgium govt's fault this has happened, not the terrorists. Oh ok. will do boss.
How many people do they expect the govt to put on permanent watch? 10,000, 20,000 ? 80,000? The cost is enormous.

Underlying message? it is the fault of everyone except for the terrorist.

Think about the mainstream media. They are all out to indoctrinate people with the same message. That is why we all think the same. Multiculturalism is all flowers, and gifts. Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam, and anyone who believes otherwise is a heretic.

Last edited:
The only problem being that our cultural elites DON'T want (or have the willpower) to crush terrorism.

Did you analyse the news the cultural elites are giving you?

What are they saying underneath the message?

Brussels followed the same pattern as the Paris attacks.

1) Je Su Charlie phrase. This is the phrase when the people are "Being defiant" "showing their unity" (according to Carl Stefanovic and all the rest of them) .....by laying flowers for the dead in a square. That is their picture of "the defiant". Doesn't this look like people who have given up on their politicians? We can hold hands and fight terrorism by holding up an empty placard.

Underlying message? we are fighting it by being "unified" (ie doing nothing).

2) 2nd phrase - someone is to blame other than the actual terrorists. Andrew O'Keefe on Channel 7 - what are his qualifications by the way>? ..was saying terrorism is due to them being "young males" not their religion. With the Brussels one all the media outlets are blaming the Belgium officials for "not heeding Turkey's warning" of the movement of one of the terrorists. Oh ok so the media want you to believe that it is the Belgium govt's fault this has happened, not the terrorists. Oh ok. will do boss.
How many people do they expect the govt to put on permanent watch? 10,000, 20,000 ? 80,000? The cost is enormous.

Underlying message? it is the fault of everyone except for the terrorist.

Think about the mainstream media. They are all out to indoctrinate people with the same message. That is why we all think the same. Multiculturalism is all flowers, and gifts. Terrorism has nothing to do with Islam, and anyone who believes otherwise is a heretic.

I hear where you are coming from but I still believe immigration and freedom of movement is a good thing.

1) immigration in Australia has clearly been a positive from every aspect. I do agree multiculturalism has its issues but Australia has been fabulous in the way 2nd and 3rd generation (sometimes even first generation) identify themselves as Australian rather than another culture. Meaning a controlled measured immigration policy taking bits from here and bits from there at a steady pace works and allows cultures merge rather than stay segregated.

a f'd up immigration policy is one lead from the heart and not the brain. a policy that is push driven etc leads to train wrecks like europe.

2) Andrew OKeefe is a very clever lawyer but didn't like following daddy's footsteps. I really like the guy but his views on certain issues lack common sense and wreak of inexperience (a perfect resume for someone interested in a career in politics). He has a very kind heart, he is very clever but unfortunately his views and voice piece is part of the problem. Andrew views generally represent a vote for long term misery rather than short term pain.

Blaming terrorists? It is definitely the terrorists fault
Blaming young men? yes young men are a more likely to be trouble be it terrorism, general crime or just risk taking.
Blaming govt? they can't be blamed for the acts of others but they can be blamed for a poor immigration policy that will take generations to fix.

The only solution is making sure youth, with a focus on young men, feel a part of society and have opportunity. Now try to do that in a socialist environment which by its nature strips opportunity and try and get others to accept young muslim boys who "look like" those terrorist criminal types cemented into the psyche of the community.

Perhaps Europe should look at Singapore for there solution. No nonsense, military service, work work work, promote kids to tie people down etc. I'd hate to live like a Singaporean but I'd prefer that to what is install for Europe for the next 100 years.

I can only quote the Swedish example as i lived there for a decade. Sweden took more than it can handle. In some suburbs you get more than 40 percent unemployed. The Swedish labour market demands formal qualifications to be employed first and 90 percent of these refugees dont have one. Half of them dont even complete school. This brings me to my first concern that 80 percent of the current refugees dont have a formal qualification. Second they dont know the language and last but not the least according to the german data half of them work in trades which are not in demand in Germany. My question to you or anyone advocating free migration is, how is it helping the cause of de-radicalisation? how are you not helping create another ghetto? it may look humane to you by taking 3 million refugees but i guarantee you there will be parallel socieities created in Germany like there is in france, sweden and belgium in a few years time. IMHO we have our work cut out with the number of disgruntled individuals we already have in Europe. You are asking for more of the same failed policies hoping that it will work this time? it wont, you will create bigger ghettos and bigger monsters. In France 70% of the prison population is Muslim! in Belgium its 45%. Despite having only 6% of its population Muslim only. These are damning numbers which you cannot ignore. In Sweden the number is similar but our dear ole Scandinvians will never publish data based on religion.

This point is so blatantly obvious it blows my mind that people can't see it.

Someone quoting Sweden? Thier rape laws are shocking. Fancy doing someone for rape because the condom broke during consential sex? What a way to treat an Australian war correspondent! Barbaric arseholes centuries behind the times. They also help smuggled a lot american arms companies profits in ww2 out from Germany.

but carry on, ignorance is a choice remember,.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back