The Terrorism Files - 2015, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.rt.com/uk/328366-uk-sharia-court-law/

In other words, Muslim families are different, Common Law doesnt say anything about lets say 4 brides, or marriage to an underaged woman (which is still happening in the UK).
What is the parallel law???

Are you talking about wills, and inheritance?

You don't need Sharia courts to set up your will to exclude certain people.

What law runs parallel to British law????

What is the parallel law???

Are you talking about wills, and inheritance?

You don't need Sharia courts to set up your will to exclude certain people.

What law runs parallel to British law????

I am talking about stuff where British muslims find common law to be lacking. They have created their own justice system going by the "word of god". That is a parallel system by definition where judgments are handed out when they had no legal power to do so.

Lethality this is for you too.

And I'm not talking about mediation for things like wills, or split of inheritance, or anything else that can be settled in mediation.

I want one law, that is unto itself, that runs parallel with British law, but is not British law.

You're asking for something that was never asserted. Inheritance, divorce, etc are enough, there is plenty of room for discrimination under Islamic Law on those two. The horse has bolted for England, and it's probably part of why the Muslims there are a nation within a nation, along with Islamic faith schooling. Why children in England are being taught false evolution in Islamic schools so that the creation model can be pushed as a better alternative is beyond me. This is the kind of crazy crap that should only be going on in 3rd world countries.

You're asking for something that was never asserted. Inheritance, divorce, etc are enough, there is plenty of room for discrimination under Islamic Law on those two. The horse has bolted for England, and it's probably part of why the Muslims there are a nation within a nation, along with Islamic faith schooling. Why that s**t is allowed to go on is beyond me.
Now if you can find me that buddhist court or the hindu court or the atheist court ...... its always them dividing the nation. I want a prayer room, i want my own suburb, i want my toilet, i want halal.. etc, then at the end we are somehow responsible for their lack of integration

You're asking for something that was never asserted. Inheritance, divorce, etc are enough, there is plenty of room for discrimination under Islamic Law on those two. The horse has bolted for England, and it's probably part of why the Muslims there are a nation within a nation, along with Islamic faith schooling. Why that s**t is allowed to go on is beyond me.

Gee I dunno.....Probably the same reason alot of other faiths have their own exclusive schools?o_O

* me.

It's not a separate legal system... it's not a parallel legal system...

Yes, it's discriminatory, and I'd rather it not exist. But, it's not like it's the only mediation that discriminates...

It might be the worst, but if you want to change the laws on how mediation is done, then do it across the board...

It is not their own justice system... They are not an authority unto themselves... if they break the law, they've still broken the damn law.

I don't agree with sharia courts or sharia law. But I also don't agree with the fear mongering from people saying that these Muslims are creating their own legal system, and that it already has powers and runs parallel to western laws.
Because the implication is that it will soon overtake our laws, and we will live under Sharia law... which will never happen here or in Britain.

We will never go to Sharia courts, unless we choose to.

Now, if the concern is that people are being taken advantage of, then yes, let's do something.

But, no victim is going to come to us and ask for help, if we pursue this fear and anger towards the Muslim people.

**** me.

It's not a separate legal system... it's not a parallel legal system...

Yes, it's discriminatory, and I'd rather it not exist. But, it's not like it's the only mediation that discriminates...

It might be the worst, but if you want to change the laws on how mediation is done, then do it across the board...

It is not their own justice system... They are not an authority unto themselves... if they break the law, they've still broken the damn law.

I don't agree with sharia courts or sharia law. But I also don't agree with the fear mongering from people saying that these Muslims are creating their own legal system, and that it already has powers and runs parallel to western laws.
Because the implication is that it will soon overtake our laws, and we will live under Sharia law... which will never happen here or in Britain.

We will never go to Sharia courts, unless we choose to.

Now, if the concern is that people are being taken advantage of, then yes, let's do something.

But, no victim is going to come to us and ask for help, if we pursue this fear and anger towards the Muslim people.

The context here is important, what happens if people really do want the sharia courts? do you think sharia courts operate cause no one wants them? A pakistani family for example is more likely to go to sharia court to seek justice in these matters than common law, this is justice to them. That provides them an alternate to the British law cause they believe in the "word of the god". What do you expect the common law to say when you have 4 brides? the common law says NOTHING.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have agreeement then. The rest is semantics.

No it's not... it's divisional fear mongering.
The context here is important, what happens if people really do want the sharia courts? do you think sharia courts operate cause no one wants them? A pakistani family for example is more likely to go to sharia court to seek justice in these matters than common law, this is justice to them. That provides them an alternate to the British law cause they believe in the "word of the god". What do you expect the common law to say when you have 4 brides? the common law says NOTHING.

What? Yes of course people want Sharia courts...
In fact, I'd say Muslim's mainly want them...

But, they can only go to Sharia mediation for certain matters.

They cannot take everything to those courts... only matters that are better dealt with outside of court, through mediation.
Such as inheritance, divorce financial splits, that kind of jazz.

It isn't a separate legal system.
It's out of court mediation, for things that can legally be mediated. Under British law.

What do you want the common law to say about 4 brides???

I became an atheist within a Catholic school. Their religion was separate from the other studies.

Well aware of how Private Catholic school curriculum operates, given I did my dip ed at ACU.

I'm speaking of how normative cultural values & opinions are formulated....Hint: Not in a vacuum.

Nothing, cause its illegal in the western world,what does a pakistani man do in UK with 4 wives? so sharia courts rule on them, hence the Parallel system
Quick google...
Polygamous marriages legally performed in another country where the law allows it are legally recognised for the purposes of welfare benefits, but not for pension, immigration or citizenship purposes
So, anyone can have four wives in the UK.
They just cannot marry them in the UK.

How is that Sharia law running parallel to British law??

Of course we do.

Does that mean we can control how someone splits their will to their children?

Doesn't anti-discrimination apply to wills? So a homosexual child that receives a smaller portion for example could argue that he is being discriminated against?

Quick google...
Polygamous marriages legally performed in another country where the law allows it are legally recognised for the purposes of welfare benefits, but not for pension, immigration or citizenship purposes
So, anyone can have four wives in the UK.
They just cannot marry them in the UK.

How is that Sharia law running parallel to British law??

So what does the common law saw about the distribution of property or family dispute or will between the 4 wives and their husband? nothing right? what happens then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back