Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CFC has screamed for a big KF. Levi is a big KF. It would be to shut up the masses and say we nabbed a big fella.

It's like buying a calais v thinking its a top of the line BMW.

Not that I have anything against non european cars.

Toyota Casboult...has a ring to it. I wonder what its turning circle would be and if it can drive in a straight line?
(just being cruel...am actually hoping Levi signs on).

Probably their second round pick and a swap of our first round picks.

I think the swap of first round picks while only one place difference is quite an important one.

For me give Levi an incentive to get better, 2 years at $375K with incentives, top the goal list for the club for a start. If he achieves these incentives then a 3 year deal at an amount to be decided later. Like other posters he is not the sole FF that is usually Waite or maybe it is going to be Watson, who knows.

With Waite I'd be happy if the club offered him $400K per season for two years with a maximum number of games per season. Is he already on that?

For me give Levi an incentive to get better, 2 years at $375K with incentives, top the goal list for the club for a start. If he achieves these incentives then a 3 year deal at an amount to be decided later. Like other posters he is not the sole FF that is usually Waite or maybe it is going to be Watson, who knows.

With Waite I'd be happy if the club offered him $400K per season for two years with a maximum number of games per season. Is he already on that?
cant help but think that sometimes you just can't make strawberry jam out of shizzer. remember he was a 40's rookie pick. his kicking will most probably never improve. we need to accept this and move on

It appears the star player that had one last bust up with the coach is Matthew Boyd. McCartney hasn't definitively said he's left but at the rising star awards today he said that "we knew that we had to rebuild the midfield with Boydy, Cross, and Cal Ward having left the club".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don't we give him (Casboult) an incentive based 2 year deal... Next year $350K... if he kicks 40-50 goals then the second year is 450K, if he kicks 51-70goals 500K in his second year, 71+ 550K + a guaranteed extension.
That type of deal would breed selfishness in a player. Detrimental and you will never see it happen.

Don't really understand the fuss on Jacksh.

People are happy to trade off Levi who has shown he can play at this level and grab a kid who has shown nothing and think he is going to be our saviour.

Jaksch is playing better footy at this stage than Tom Boyd. He also plays with confidence at both ends of the ground, much like a young Lachie Henderson. That's what's got my panties wet - two quality KP swingmen in the mould of a Daniel Bradshaw.

Casboult is a solid backup ruck option. But he's not as good as the (likely bullshit) salary figures being thrown about on other boards. He's an elite contested mark and below average in most other areas. He is not a CHF or FF. It makes me weep for the future of Australia that people seriously consider it remotely possible that he could kick 50 goals in a year. He'd have to permanently play ten metres out from goal and take 150 marks for that to happen.

It appears the star player that had one last bust up with the coach is Matthew Boyd. McCartney hasn't definitively said he's left but at the rising star awards today he said that "we knew that we had to rebuild the midfield with Boydy, Cross, and Cal Ward having left the club".

Here is the audio

Innocent slip of the tongue ???

Edit. Question about rebuilding begins ~1.20 in, talking about rebuilding midfield ~1.50 in

Harf just tweeted that it was a slip of the tongue and confirmed nothing in it.

Jaksch is playing better footy at this stage than Tom Boyd. He also plays with confidence at both ends of the ground, much like a young Lachie Henderson. That's what's got my panties wet - two quality KP swingmen in the mould of a Daniel Bradshaw.
You got all that from his 5 games this year averaging 6 kicks and 2 marks.

You got all that from his 5 games this year averaging 6 kicks and 2 marks.

Because 19 year old key forwards tend to carve it up in the AFL all the time, especially when they're on the same list as Boyd, Cameron and Patton.

He's killing it in the reserves. Playing great games in defence and kicking regular bags up forward. NEAFL, sure, but that's not his fault. If we can get him at the right price, he'd be a steal.

Because 19 year old key forwards tend to carve it up in the AFL all the time, especially when they're on the same list as Boyd, Cameron and Patton.

He's killing it in the reserves. Playing great games in defence and kicking regular bags up forward. NEAFL, sure, but that's not his fault. If we can get him at the right price, he'd be a steal.
He plays defence at AFL level too. He's not exactly meant to be racking the disposals up. He made our forwards look useless when we played them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back