Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I married a Carlton supporter, our 4 have no chance (insert evil laugh here).

One thought it would be funny to ask what would happen if she wanted to barrack for another team. I told her she could support whoever she liked but would need to find somewhere else to live. Mum tried to tell an 8 year old that Dad was joking and wouldn't really kick her out of home for wanting to barrack for another team ..........she remains unconvinced by mums logic.

Comical bounce of the footy. If he comes on we will be elated. Certainly very promising signs early. Big unit and great kick. Especially hitting targets inside 50 which he was able to do on a few occasions.

That 50m pass that hit Gibbs on the chest was pure silk. That's the sort of skill we see from Yarran and Gibbs of course.
Gus will only get better. Reckon we might have a very good one on our hands here.

I'm delighted to hear about all of you proud papas raising the next generation of blues supporters! Great work fellas.
Mine is still a work in progress.

She asks me to sing 'nably* blues'.

*no typo

Been with the missus for 10 years. She was a Seaford fan(Saints). Pumped out 2 ruggies. Family now has 4 Blues fans......non negotiable. 3 members currently. 4 as from 2015.
Go Blues!!

I converted Mrs Romance from Saints to Blues.

I hoped to convert more women but she isn't keen on my methods being shared around.

My wife was an Essendon. Struggled to convert our first daughter to Carlton and came home from work one day to have the 4 year announce she was a Bombers supporter.

My wife stood there with a smug grin. I said 'you might find this funny now, but you'll be taking her to the footy because I am NOT taking her to watch Essendon games' !!

In the end they came around and actually the wife is pretty much now a Carlton supporter - she even buys us tickets to the B&F each year.

My wife was an Essendon. Struggled to convert our first daughter to Carlton and came home from work one day to have the 4 year announce she was a Bombers supporter.

My wife stood there with a smug grin. I said 'you might find this funny now, but you'll be taking her to the footy because I am NOT taking her to watch Essendon games' !!

In the end they came around and actually the wife is pretty much now a Carlton supporter - she even buys us tickets to the B&F each year.

I can just imagine your wife to your 4 year old daughter.

darth-hand-james-earl-jones-is-officially-returning-as-darth-vader.jpeg

Haha. Well done Andy you always knew she had good in her!

Sweet! That's some smooth negotiating! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work Andy!! #whateverittakes

Last edited:
I converted Mrs Romance from Saints to Blues.

I hoped to convert more women but she isn't keen on my methods being shared around.

Also converted the Mrs from Saints to Blues.

We started going out a month before the Saints game we won by 3 points with Walker's goal near the end.

I think it was the s**t I gave to her the next day that convinced her to convert. Was hard keeping her to keep the faith at first though, first two Carlton games I took her to were the West Coast and Bulldogs losses in 2011. :oops:

Also converted the Mrs from Saints to Blues.

We started going out a month before the Saints game we won by 3 points with Walker's goal near the end.

I think it was the s**t I gave to her the next day that convinced her to convert. Was hard keeping her to keep the faith at first though, first two Carlton games I took her to were the West Coast and Bulldogs losses in 2011. :oops:

Was at all those games.

I was so confident going in to the doggies game but we played like crap.

I remember the radio jocks on the PA at half time saying the umps were favouring carlton. All down hill from there.

Vozzo I believe

This is a rumour thread, so to ensure its on topic...

Rumour has it I have gotten several girls pregnant If this is the case i will ensure i help them with those children, moreso to convert them to being a Carlton supporter than out of common descency.

In all seriousness i have got every girlfriend i have had to be a blues supporter. I have also bought several hats and jerseys that i have never seen again after gifting them as presents to said females. And they say chivalry is dead!

I was more confident about the Eagles game.

Then I saw Mark Austin jog out onto the field.

we had 6-7 changes going in to that game. Jamo did his PCL in the first quarter.

I think that this was the first one hendo went to defence.

Hopefully he can convert her away from rugby. Burnt into my memory is the night I encountered MEB wearing a rugby top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back