Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to remember that a lot of money will be freed up (for better or worse) after next year.
No Judd. No Carrazzo. Maybe no Warnock etc.

We have money now and will have a lot more next year.
Getting the guys to commit to us is the bigger trick but as Marc Shmurf 3 has already said, the groundwork started some time ago.

Havnt got time for this kinda forward thinking ,

I've got a million dollar business to run ...

I agree with the Gibbs bit but I'd say Cotchin has players slightly better than Mitch covered too :p
The thing for me with Cotchin is that I do not believe his disposal is elite and is the type to rack up possessions but they do not hurt you consistently.
This is why I put him (as an upgrade) in the Mitch category.
He is a bit like the old Carrots. Remember when Carrots would rack up the possessions and get pluadits for that. But is handballs always put a team mate under greater pressure than himself or his kicks would not hit their target thus slowing or killing our momentum.

To be fair to Cotchin though, he did seem to have played with some sort of injury.

He often opted for the shortest of kicks and didn't like extending the leg much at all this year.
Cotchin's poor disposal isn't a 2014 thing though - it's been like that for years.

Cotchin's poor disposal isn't a 2014 thing though - it's been like that for years.

Maybe my memory is flagging but I seem to recall he had leg/groin issues in his second year which made him look very ordinary.

His best year/s he seemed to be able to kick 50+ metres but again this year a lot of his disposal seemed to be of that dinky little 20mt pass where he'd then run past and gain possession for another dinky 20mt pass. Maybe that's just him but he looked awkward to me.

Maybe my memory is flagging but I seem to recall he had leg/groin issues in his second year which made him look very ordinary.

His best year/s he seemed to be able to kick 50+ metres but again this year a lot of his disposal seemed to be of that dinky little 20mt pass where he'd then run past and gain possession for another dinky 20mt pass. Maybe that's just him but he looked awkward to me.

He only had his first full preseason a couple of years ago.

Cotchins a gun. Laughing at the poster who said we wouldn't want him.

Came 2nd in the Brownlow didn't he?

Is a victim of a few niggly injuries, as well as being captain of a bunch of average players who don't provide him any support whatsoever. That's actually why I think Robbo would have been a good fit.

The thing for me with Cotchin is that I do not believe his disposal is elite and is the type to rack up possessions but they do not hurt you consistently.
This is why I put him (as an upgrade) in the Mitch category.
He is a bit like the old Carrots. Remember when Carrots would rack up the possessions and get pluadits for that. But is handballs always put a team mate under greater pressure than himself or his kicks would not hit their target thus slowing or killing our momentum.

Didn't like the game he shifted forward this year and kicked 5? Cotchin has plenty of hurt factor don't worry about that. The knocks on his kicking are wrong IMO too. Gets a hell of a lot of attention and rarely gets an unpressured disposal. Uses it well off both sides as a rule.

We won't get Cotchin, no point talking him up and giving tigers supporters something to be happy about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotch reminds me of a poor man's Gary Ablett Jnr, which is still bloody good. Runs the same, plays the same. I did find it hilarious when they finally beat us after that long streak he was teasing a Carlton supporting kid at some clinic the next day haha (was all in good fun).

Anyway, rumour has it I watched highlights of the first Geelong game and Bryce Gibbs is an absolute animal. Contested ball beast, silky disposal, great decision maker, can play any role...what's not to like!?

I realize he misses some shots on goal sometimes but didn't think his Disposal was that bad.

Sakc/Spud/Do Not Want!

Trent Cotchin would walk into any club in the competition and instantly be in their top few players.

Laughable to suggest otherwise.

Errr.... What's happened to peoples SOH here? I was actually joking! :confused:

People saying they dont rate Cotchin are kidding themselves. One of the top players in the comp

Butchers it by foot regularly. Runs around and covers a lot of ground and receives handballs frequently. I think he's a great player but his hurt factor is minimal compared to many of the elite players in the comp. I think he gets hyped up and overrated. Just my opinion.

Cotch reminds me of a poor man's Gary Ablett Jnr, which is still bloody good. Runs the same, plays the same. I did find it hilarious when they finally beat us after that long streak he was teasing a Carlton supporting kid at some clinic the next day haha (was all in good fun).

Anyway, rumour has it I watched highlights of the first Geelong game and Bryce Gibbs is an absolute animal. Contested ball beast, silky disposal, great decision maker, can play any role...what's not to like!?

Sounds good. Is he available as a FA next year ??? We need someone like that ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT. Should have known someone would beat me to the joke ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back