Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Without boring you all and turning this into the Adelaide board, the man has:

*Continually insulted the AFC fan base (Pathetic Agitators to be precise)
*Overseen the loss of a guy who potentially is a top 5 KPF in the competition for zero compensation (in fairness he was willing to accept Jesse White and pick 22 until even the AFL said WTF)
*On top of said zero compensation has been chiefly responsible for draft sanctions (lost our first and second rounders 2 years running)
*This all occurred in spite of the fact he stated we had 'no case to answer' and racked up enormous legal costs only to fold like a pack of cards at the last minute (and still somehow keep his job)
*Turned us from a financial powerhouse into a middle of the road club who has in recent times posted losses.
*Completely hung out to dry the best recruiter our club has ever had without even investigating the incident purely because he never particularly liked him

These are just tidbits of what he's accomplished. If you'd like a greater insight feel free to read the 300 page long thread aptly titled 'It's time for Trigg to resign'

Without boring you all and turning this into the Adelaide board, the man has:

*Continually insulted the AFC fan base (Pathetic Agitators to be precise)
*Overseen the loss of a guy who potentially is a top 5 KPF in the competition for zero compensation (in fairness he was willing to accept Jesse White and pick 22 until even the AFL said WTF)
*On top of said zero compensation has been chiefly responsible for draft sanctions (lost our first and second rounders 2 years running)
*This all occurred in spite of the fact he stated we had 'no case to answer' and racked up enormous legal costs only to fold like a pack of cards at the last minute (and still somehow keep his job)
*Turned us from a financial powerhouse into a middle of the road club who has in recent times posted losses.
*Completely hung out to dry the best recruiter our club has ever had without even investigating the incident purely because he never particularly liked him

These are just tidbits of what he's accomplished. If you'd like a greater insight feel free to read the 300 page long thread aptly titled 'It's time for Trigg to resign'

I'd love to know what the clubs rationale is.

Has the potential to be a major * up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned a few weeks ago I didn't want Trigg, purely because I spend a bit of time browsing the Adelaide board and the hatred they have for him is unbelievable. This only reinforces that belief.

To me, this reeks to the high heavens of the board installing someone who will not necessarily challenge them or be a strong figure. Why a CEO with his mediocre, if not highly unsatisfactory, record, when we could've had our pick of anyone out there? Not even just in the footy world, but from other industries. FMD, every time we make progress (eg we get a much-needed win) we shoot ourselves in the foot with an RPG whilst standing on a land mine.

This is largely speculation as nothing is confirmed, and I am not privy to the inner workings of his capabilities as a CEO, but the sheer discontent he instilled in charge at Adelaide and his record for all to see suggests something is amiss...where there is smoke, there is often fire.

Finally something from this season that could've put a rare smile on my face, and this happens.

Man, this is why we can't have nice things.

done.gif

Caro has called it. Article on age website saying he was appointed at a meeting tonight. No longer a rumour.

Crows have issued a no comment statement but there's a press conference in the morning
I hate you guys so much.

First I have to listen to every second bloke telling me about how they are top 4 material no matter what the reality is, fluff piece after fluff piece in every form of media in Adelaide about the Crows and the new brand of soup they are serving or change in elastoplast provider, but NOW you are infecting MY club.

I will not stand for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back