Mega Thread The Thread of Despair - Discuss the badness of Brian Taylor here

Remove this Banner Ad

I never liked her much but she's way better than BT. A commentator that knows all of the players names >>> than a commentator that knows just a few. It's a complete disgrace and an insult to the audience that ch 7 pay someone 500k a year to commentate that does not know the names of most of the players.

What's even worse is that there's no indication from BT that he actually gives a s**t. That's the worst thing.

Seriously, why is the name Clancee so funny to him when it's not even remotely funny to anybody else?

Newsflash BT - Channel 7 ain't Triple M, so ditch the blokey, in-joke crap and just call the game like a professional.

BT is arrogant, petulant, biased, incompetent as a commentator and ignorant as an opinion giver / game analyser. I find him demeaning to those who call up on radio and generally his sense of humour sucks. He is pain the ass to listen to on any medium.
Can't see why 7 fell over themselves to get him. But looking at the standard of their broadcast I guess he maintains the status quo

BT is arrogant, petulant, biased, incompetent as a commentator and ignorant as an opinion giver / game analyser. I find him demeaning to those who call up on radio and generally his sense of humour sucks. He is pain the arse to listen to on any medium.
Can't see why 7 fell over themselves to get him. But looking at the standard of their broadcast I guess he maintains the status quo
Im stoked to have found this thread. I can't stand BT, and haven't met one person who has defended him when i express my dislike. Saturday night football became much less appealing this season with him at the helm. Self indulgent bully who i'd love to see sacked. His boss is name Lewis Martin. We should start a petition..?

Gameday on Israel Falou :
Jon Anderson: That's not what I'm hearing. I'm hearing he loves Aussie Rules
BT trying to sound intelligent: My suspicions tell me he's going back.
Jon Anderson gives him a reassuring look: Mumble mumble no he's not
BT: But... but... but... my suspicions...

Bumping for HOLY s**t BRIAN GOT SOMETHING RIGHT! Haha.

I like BT. I would honestly rather listen to a 10 times worse version of him, for 100 000 years straight in some kind of sound chamber prison, than 3 hours of basil zempilas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a good point.
What does he think he is adding to the viewing experience with dribble like that?

It's the fact that it doesn't f*cking matter if it made him drop the ball or not, if you interfere with a player after taking a mark it's an automatic 50metre and always has been. Such a flog.

And he showed a compilation of umpiring decisions that he felt 'robbed' the Saints right after the siren. No wonder people are always complaining about Vic bias with sh*t like that :rolleyes: Unprofessional as f*ck. I don't think he's ever heard the word 'impartial' before.

I only watched the 2nd & 4th quarters last night but it was the worst commentary I'd ever heard for any sporting event ever.

Listening to Phil Liggett commentate on the Tour de France has made it even more painful for me to listen to this idiot - what is worse is he seems to revel in his ignorance and idiocy - it is demonstrative of his utter lack of imagination and talent that he chose "boy oh boy" as his catch phrase FFS!!!!

Better than BT. There, I said it.

Unfairly maligned because she's a woman. People harped on about her voice, but it's no worse than BT's.

Also knew more about the game than some of those who played at AFL level and are given commentary gigs just because of their name.

Oh god no! That shrill voice coupled with her calling the game like it was a race at Flemington? BT might be annoying but he doesnt make me want to pierce my eardrums with knitting needles.

And her trying to coin the nickname "the little master" to Ablett Junior as if we didnt already know thats Sachin Tendulkar's nickname? Disrespectful.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why cant they both be taken round the back and shot?

Oh god no! That shrill voice coupled with her calling the game like it was a race at Flemington? BT might be annoying but he doesnt make me want to pierce my eardrums with knitting needles.

BT makes me want to buy a rusty spoon and then see how fun it would be to gouge my eyes out with it.

That would be more fun than listening to him.

Underwood - flaws and all - way better than BT. For starters, she actually calls the games, as opposed to BT and his idiotic interjections which take far too long and make no point whatsoever. Flog to end all flogs.

Arguing who is worse out of BT and Underwood is like arguing would you rather have cancer or AIDS. Sure, one may be worse than the other, but who really wants either. :thumbsdown:

Listening to Phil Liggett commentate on the Tour de France has made it even more painful for me to listen to this idiot - what is worse is he seems to revel in his ignorance and idiocy - it is demonstrative of his utter lack of imagination and talent that he chose "boy oh boy" as his catch phrase FFS!!!!

If you compared most commentators around the world in any sport to Phil Liggett you'd be utterly disappointed though. ;)

BT makes me want to buy a rusty spoon and then see how fun it would be to gouge my eyes out with it.

That would be more fun than listening to him.

Underwood - flaws and all - way better than BT. For starters, she actually calls the games, as opposed to BT and his idiotic interjections which take far too long and make no point whatsoever. Flog to end all flogs.

"Way better than BT" is still ******* horrid. No thank you. No thank you to either of them. I'd sooner listen Eddie Maguire and Paul Roos call a Collingwood v Sydney Grand Final.

No ******* thank you friend.

"Way better than BT" is still ******* horrid. No thank you. No thank you to either of them. I'd sooner listen Eddie Maguire and Paul Roos call a Collingwood v Sydney Grand Final.

Poor comparison, that would be a truly epic event. ;)

Poor comparison, that would be a truly epic event. ;)

Heh :D As I was typing that I thought that'd be pretty hilarious actually. But then I remembered it would mean a Collingwood Grand Final and I'd have to listen to them bitch over every single umpiring decision.

Eddie: "Bullshit call ump"
Roos: "They've been paying that all year"
Eddie: "Which year are you talking about, cause it isnt this year"
Roos: "They paid it in the second quarter in favour of your mob"
Eddie: "That was different and should be paid everyday of the week"
etc, etc

I literally think of these two guys:

muppet-show.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back