Pantsless

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2003
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Storm, Arse, Victory
I wasn't around when the trading period happened, although I was reading about it on various websites.

I was chatting with my North mate last night, she reckons it was our fault that Rawlings didn't get to North.

"Another reason to hate Essendon"she said.

I wasn't sure what to reply to her.

Any truth in that statement?

The Veale deal involved the Bulldogs, Hawthorn and The Dons. Hawthorn swapped Lochlan Veale, an unknown, raw recuit for the Bullies pick 6. Hawthorn then traded pick 6 to Essendon and Hawthorn received Danny Jacobs.

The main proviso was that the Bulldogs would always get Rawlings. Hawthorn received pick 6 on the terms they would trade to Essendon.

So North supporters are just dirty that they didnt get Rawlings.

Sour grapes on North's part.

Rawlings was dumb enough to say he was going to play for North Melbourne, Hawthorn didnt like what they were offered for him, so he ended up at the Bullies.

Originally posted by pantsless
I wasn't around when the trading period happened, although I was reading about it on various websites.

I was chatting with my North mate last night, she reckons it was our fault that Rawlings didn't get to North.

"Another reason to hate Essendon"she said.

I wasn't sure what to reply to her.

Any truth in that statement?

None. Essendon were brought into trade negotiations because hawthorn wasn't happy with what North were offerering. Essendon too wasn't happy with what they would get or have to give up in the deal so they pulled out. Jacobs was going to leave so they got the best deal they could for him. Pick 6 and alvey is theft and essendon were duely compensated.

The fact that north and the Dawks couldnt come to an agreement is their fault. Essendon's first priority is to improve their list during trade week and they have done that. To blame Essendon for looking after it's own interests is just plain stupidity. And a fair bit of sour grapes on North's part.

It has more to do with the fact Koops was going to go the Dons but money was a problem. Had he accepted the essentially base salary, Rawlings would have gone to North and Freo would have been the third party to complete the deal. Instead Koops wanted more money (fair enough too) and so we went to plan B with the Dogs. Jacobs was always headed to the Hawks it was more a matter of what compensation we got from the third parties.

Cheers everyone...

I did tell her I didn't give a flying **** if she hated us even more.

Everyone hates us...and I love it!

GO BOMBERS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back