The Western Bulldogs Next Coach

Who do you want to be the next coach of the Western Bulldogs?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but he does parody the posters who do (check the McCarthy thread)

I think we should get a coach that everyone can agree on how to spell his name. :rolleyes:

McCarthy/McCartney is already out.
And similarly Beverage/Beveridge is also gonna be out of luck.

So ... Now you are going to ... .?

a) stand for the board with his credentials which far outweigh the current crop, and lead our club into a period of unprecedented success
b) rant on BF about a situation he has no specific knowledge base or expertise in (ie - being a board member of an elite sporting club, being part of a coaching selection panel)
c) barrack for Hawthorn (that'll teach Gordon!)

Pretty sure I heard on the news this morning that the club said an announcement on the coaching position was likely to be made by the 17th of November. Is there any significance of this date??

Thats when bomber probably gets back from his holiday ;)

a) stand for the board with his credentials which far outweigh the current crop, and lead our club into a period of unprecedented success
b) rant on BF about a situation he has no specific knowledge base or expertise in (ie - being a board member of an elite sporting club, being part of a coaching selection panel)
c) barrack for Hawthorn (that'll teach Gordon!)
You have no idea who i am or what my credentials are.

My credentials and experience will far outweigh most of our board members.

You are wrong. Macartney wanted full time assistants but we could not afford it.

Paying a franchise player a million per year has nothing to do with paying assistants.

Most assistants at other clubs are on $300,000 pluss. We pay our senior coach about that same.

3 full time assistants is an extra $1,000,000.00 per annum.

Sorry to interup your tirade with some facts.

We did not have the money for 3 full time assistants 3 years ago.

We probably wont have the money next year either.

Do you have a spare million to kick in every year going forward?
If that is the case we may as well get the cheapest coach available then get 3 cheap assistants.
Of course the $7 mill has something to do with club finance. As much as having ass. Coaches do.
The money still comes out of club coffers, or do you think it's donated by the salvation army?
What I am saying is if you can afford to offer a substantial contract to a young player, which I have no issue with. Then you cannot complain that you haven't enough money to pay for assistants..

Let off steam on this board.

Try to rattle cages and get supporters to stop accepting these f..kups.

they may well. i'm more than happy for your to use your credentials to improve the club if you think you can stomach it. i'm also happy for you to talk wind (or let off steam) on BF and wait for someone else to improve the club.

So aer are doomed to failure again?

Both mcartney and eade were critized for doing too much by their presidents.

If we continue to repeat the same procesd we will get the same outcome.

Run for the board then.

If you think you can do a better job, step up to the plate and do it.

All you hear from a certain few posters on this board is whinging and then some more whinging and then a bit more whinging.

Yeah, the club made some f*** ups, but seriously, get on with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Run for the board then.

If you think you can do a better job, step up to the plate and do it.

All you hear from a certain few posters on this board is whinging and then some more whinging and then a bit more whinging.

Yeah, the club made some f*** ups, but seriously, get on with it.
What is wrong with getting a detailed explanation on what went wrong and what will be done to make sure it doesn't does not happen again?

I need to earn an income. Otherwise i would put my hand up.

Have the club confirmed this 'final three' anywhere?

Or is it purely media speculation?

Media only so far. Sam Landsberger (Dad is our club Doctor) has published the shortlist in HS, his mail is usually good though..

Media only so far. Sam Landsberger (Dad is our club Doctor) has published the shortlist in HS, his mail is usually good though..

The list doesn't inspire me too much. Has everyone eliminated the possibility we make a big play for a coach currently at another club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back